The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side step | available aftersale option

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble with the bolt hole alignment? I’d like to order the Milltek single tube but am concerned with the fit

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble with the bolt hole alignment? I’d like to order the Milltek single tube but am concerned with the fit
I think most have had some trouble. I probably had the most trouble. You at least know from my example what was needed to eventually get it done. If you're nearby I can come help too.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think most have had some trouble. I probably had the most trouble. You at least know from my example what was needed to eventually get it done. If you're nearby I can come help too.

Thanks - I appreciate the info and offer - it helped. After comparing the two, it appears the Ineos side steps are a bit closer to the ground than Milltek, and while I really like the Milltek look, the extra few inches will make it easier for my wife. Cheers!

Gman53

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Installed my Urban side steps yesterday with the help of my son. This would be a much easier install if the step mounting holes perfectly aligned with the chassis frame mounting points! Urban should look into this as it’s not that much off but enough to make it difficult.

The front mounting points are threaded so you have to screw the 2 bolts into the front first, then align the rear with the mounting holes and angle your bolts thru the holes. We had to use a little persuasion with a rubber mallet and a hammer to make the rear align to the chassis mounting holes.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-01-13-122916.jpeg
    IMG_2024-01-13-122916.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2024-01-13-122939.jpeg
    IMG_2024-01-13-122939.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89

Mjolnirs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ordered my urban side steps .Out of stock and waiting for shipment from UK. Has anyone come up w some type of spacers to lower the steps,I too have a wife that will have difficulty getting in and out... once I have them I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ordered my urban side steps .Out of stock and waiting for shipment from UK. Has anyone come up w some type of spacers to lower the steps,I too have a wife that will have difficulty getting in and out... once I have them I'm sure I'll figure it out.
My 13yr old girl gets up on the urban sidesteps just fine. She’s 5ft 1”

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Looks like they beat Rock Slider Engineering to the table. Rock Slider Engineering makes electric deployable steps and you can even option them with a plate on the bottom that makes them a robust rock slider that works at Moab. Unfortunately, when I contacted Rock Slider Engineering, the said they were NOT going to support the Grenadier. Now if this other company can make their electric deployable steps also as a rock slider, that would be great for many Grenadier Owners. If they only offer it as an electric deployable step, that would be great for many other Grenadier owners too. I am going a different route, however I like that fact that someone is supporting the Grenadier with an electric deployable step. With just a quick glance at the company, it appears this company is committed to developing quality products. Time will tell along with legit real customer use reviews. DaBull

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Urban Single Tube Side Steps and LeTech rock sliders with steps. I don't plan on doing heavy off roading, but I always like to have things over engineered.

Urban
Pros: Cost; Good Look; The next batch due in at the end of Feb have been redesigned; Can use a High Lift Jack
Cons: Not a slider/provide sill protection; does not utilize a middle bracket

LeTech:
Pros: Fantastic look; Is a slider/provides sill protection; Can use a High Lift Jack
Cons: Cost, Cost, Cost; $1,700 more than the Urban

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Urban Single Tube Side Steps and LeTech rock sliders with steps. I don't plan on doing heavy off roading, but I always like to have things over engineered.

Urban
Pros: Cost; Good Look; The next batch due in at the end of Feb have been redesigned; Can use a High Lift Jack
Cons: Not a slider/provide sill protection; does not utilize a middle bracket

LeTech:
Pros: Fantastic look; Is a slider/provides sill protection; Can use a High Lift Jack
Cons: Cost, Cost, Cost; $1,700 more than the Urban
LeTech is growing on me. i like the square profile and how it fits high and tight to the frame, similar to the GWagon side step. the Buzz Overland Rockslider step is very similar.

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I had not seen the Buzz slider + step combo before today.

Did anyone order Steps/Slides from Buzz and have them shipped over from the UK?

I know they are distributing thru OK4WD in the US, but OK4WD cost is about $250 more than on Buzz's site. Then they charge $150 for shipping. Didn't know if you ordered straight from Buzz if it would be overall cheaper (less than $400 for shipping). Of course, Buzz may not ship to the US now since they have a US distributer.

Back
Top Bottom