The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side step | available aftersale option

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I didn't ordered the IG side step as I think there could be better options. I know the sidestep/Rockslider options from blacksheep(CH) and LeTech(DE). Are there already other side steps available?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
I'm reconsidering the IG sliders, with the intention of welding in tubes for 2x (possibly 4x) removable steps. With limited options, this or the BlackSheep sliders seem the best.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
I'm reconsidering the IG sliders, with the intention of welding in tubes for 2x (possibly 4x) removable steps. With limited options, this or the BlackSheep sliders seem the best.
Tom in hindsight I would have waited and bought the Black Sheep version. The Black Sheep version looks to be very high quality and you have the option of fitting steps to it.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I didn't ordered the IG side step as I think there could be better options. I know the sidestep/Rockslider options from blacksheep(CH) and LeTech(DE). Are there already other side steps available?
Hi Nixon_04, Urban Automotive is supposed to be making some side steps for the Grenadier. They have yet to show up on their website yet, however should be coming soon. Here's a link to their video on Youtube where they are showing some potential accessories. The side steps they are designing show up at approximately 21 min into the video. DaBull
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS8XUgpSJks

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was speaking with Mahker engineering on Friday. They are working on side steps which sound interesting. I expect we will see a few variants very soon.
Also working on a remap for the diesel as they know that engine extremely well.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I was contacted by Halliwell Jones to say my sidesteps had arrived. I turned down the option and asked to be refunded for two reasons.
1. I have not found the vehicle that difficult to enter. By grabbing hold of the gutter and placing my left foot in the footwell area I can pull myself up and in with no drama. Can’t do that in my old Defender as the gutter is too narrow.
2. Looking out for one of the better options. Black sheep version very interesting but steep price. Will wait to see what Mahker, Buzz and LeTreck come up with.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Today I was contacted by Halliwell Jones to say my sidesteps had arrived. I turned down the option and asked to be refunded for two reasons.
1. I have not found the vehicle that difficult to enter. By grabbing hold of the gutter and placing my left foot in the footwell area I can pull myself up and in with no drama. Can’t do that in my old Defender as the gutter is too narrow.
2. Looking out for one of the better options. Black sheep version very interesting but steep price. Will wait to see what Mahker, Buzz and LeTreck come up with.
Hi Cheshire cat, Urban Automotive is working on side steps too. Here's a link to some of the items they are considering producing including their side steps. Look at 21.30 min into the video to get to the side steps portion. Note: A bit surprised to not see them yet on their website. DaBull
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS8XUgpSJks

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have still heard nothing about side step delivery for my car which I picked up on the 18th May. My vin number is in the early 1030's. Has anyone with a later vin had their side steps delivered. Will call my agent today for an update but any info would be useful

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have still heard nothing about side step delivery for my car which I picked up on the 18th May. My vin number is in the early 1030's. Has anyone with a later vin had their side steps delivered. Will call my agent today for an update but any info would be useful
Two of us customers at Halliwell Jones have cancelled our side steps. Halliwell Jones should still have them unless already assigned to other vehicles. Might be worth a call in the event they could send to your local dealer.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I really like the side steps from LeTech. Sonja at LeTech tells me they will be 1800 Euro plus delivery to UK. Similar price to Black Sheep and both are structurally very strong. I should contact Buzz and see where they are with development.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I approached Sidesteps UK and they have just finished their version.
"Twin tube design with pads that match the tread plate inside the door shut. They mount using 4 of the existing mounting points under the car"

£875 + Vat mainland delivered.

Still a premium over OEM.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
"Twin tube design with pads that match the tread plate inside the door shut. They mount using 4 of the existing mounting points under the car"

And the most expensive of their range of side steps ... but at least we have some options.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I would just like the ones I paid for !!

Ineos attention to the actual customer after they have the money 3/10 (not including the agents)

Currently in the capitol of IG’s…Abersoch in Wales. Six of them so far in a village of about 4000 locals and holiday makers. I see the ones that have only just been picked up have got their side steps though !! Mine is 6 weeks and waiting.

I also saw a cracking advert for potential customers today, what I thought was an IG going on the back of an AA recovery truck. I was wrong, it was just coming off the back of it, having already been recovered for none starting a week previously. So that’s two journeys from Wales to Preston (return) to the agents, on an AA wagon for all to see.

I suppose any advertising is good advertising 😂

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
And the most expensive of their range of side steps ... but at least we have some options.

This lot obviously have big windows in their workshop, as they can see the IG owners coming (British joke).

New defender £600 and many other vehicles are half that again. What’s the difference apart from a healthy amount of brass neck ?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Are they rock sliders too or just steps?

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are they rock sliders too or just steps?
That’s all the detail I got via email, but all the rest of their products are steps only.

Back
Top Bottom