The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side step | available aftersale option

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No. Only the rock sliders I was told.
Ahh okay, I thought with the Buzz ones being a tubular shape and an aftermarket version, they may have made them strong enough to just as jacking points like the blacksheep versions.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Ahh okay, I thought with the Buzz ones being a tubular shape and an aftermarket version, they may have made them strong enough to just as jacking points like the blacksheep versions.
Hey James,

Our rock slider has been designed with integrated hi lift jacking points and has much better ground clearance than the side step. This would be our equivalent to Black Sheep’s offering.

Our tubular side step is about 4” lower than the rock slider and has been designed just as a side step to aid ingress and egress to the vehicle. We didn’t think that the use case the side step is designed for would warrant jacking capabilities.

If you did need integrated jacking points the rock slider would be a better option for you and still provides a decent step.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi RyanT,

Can you steps be used as a jack point?

Many thanks,
Yes. Somewhere in a thread I tried it out and posted a picture. Of using a hilift jack under the side steps
edit. Found the picture . IMG_1781.jpeg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
Hey James,

Our rock slider has been designed with integrated hi lift jacking points and has much better ground clearance than the side step. This would be our equivalent to Black Sheep’s offering.

Our tubular side step is about 4” lower than the rock slider and has been designed just as a side step to aid ingress and egress to the vehicle. We didn’t think that the use case the side step is designed for would warrant jacking capabilities.

If you did need integrated jacking points the rock slider would be a better option for you and still provides a decent step.
Hi RyanT, I sent a detailed email to Buzz Overland direct today regarding your rock sliders.
It was emailed direct to info@buzzoverland.com and not posted on the forum.
Can you make sure to read it and get back to me directly through my email address on the email to you.
Very much appreciate your thoughts and my proposal to you and Buzz Overland.
DaBull

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi RyanT, I sent a detailed email to Buzz Overland direct today regarding your rock sliders.
It was emailed direct to info@buzzoverland.com and not posted on the forum.
Can you make sure to read it and get back to me directly through my email address on the email to you.
Very much appreciate your thoughts and my proposal to you and Buzz Overland.
DaBull
Hi @DaBull,

Email recieved, thank you very much for that. I’ll be going over it and getting back to you next week.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took some time but refund for original steps now back in my account. Alternative option due tomorrow. Will report once fitted. IMG_2845.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
Took some time but refund for original steps now back in my account. Alternative option due tomorrow. Will report once fitted.
Really interested in your feedback, because I still want sidesteps, if possible with double function: rock slider too. I know the possibilities so far, but am still doubting which one to buy. Difficult to decide when you never saw them.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update tomorrow, all being well
Ryan from Buzz kindly delivered my steps this morning. He also insisted on fitting as he wanted to be sure all was as planned. To say I am impressed is an understatement. Not only do I have a very practical step for access and egress, but I also have a very capable rock slider made from 3 mm stainless steel that has been powder coated. The sliders have considerably sized fixing points at both ends and midway. Steps also able to accommodate high lift jack. They may be expensive but they definitely tick all my boxes.
Many thanks to Ryan at Buzz. More business coming soon, I’m sure.

Attachments

• IMG_2869.jpeg
    IMG_2869.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2870.jpeg
    IMG_2870.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2871.jpeg
    IMG_2871.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 171

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
What is the alternate option?

Ryan from Buzz kindly delivered my steps this morning. He also insisted on fitting as he wanted to be sure all was as planned. To say I am impressed is an understatement. Not only do I have a very practical step for access and egress, but I also have a very capable rock slider made from 3 mm stainless steel that has been powder coated. The sliders have considerably sized fixing points at both ends and midway. Steps also able to accommodate high lift jack. They may be expensive but they definitely tick all my boxes.
Many thanks to Ryan at Buzz. More business coming soon, I’m sure.
Hi Chesire cat, When you have an opportunity, can you very accurately measure how high the front step and rear step is up from the ground.
I would also like to know how narrow is it where you step, (4"?). Last, how thick are the side steps at both where you step and also where there are no steps. Thanks! DaBull

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Chesire cat, When you have an opportunity, can you very accurately measure how high the front step and rear step is up from the ground.
I would also like to know how narrow is it where you step, (4"?). Last, how thick are the side steps at both where you step and also where there are no steps. Thanks! DaBull
Hi DaBull
Please see attached. More info as you require. One of the things I was concerned about was that, as steps, these might be compromised. Glad to report that in my opinion, there is very little compromise.

Attachments

• IMG_2873.jpeg
    IMG_2873.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2872.jpeg
    IMG_2872.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2874.jpeg
    IMG_2874.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2876.jpeg
    IMG_2876.jpeg