The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side step | available aftersale option

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
I ordered the Urban Black shadow side steps- single tube. $799 free shipping from their distributor in Tennessee. Will be here next week.
I picked up my Grenny today. I had ordered the factory side runners, but they were not installed and I was told the dealer is waiting for shipments. So now I am open to considering after market. I don’t need the slider protection, just the step. I really think this Urban $799 option (no shipping cost) makes a lot of sense for my need. BTW the back door table in my configurator wasn’t available yet either. Regarding hand-off, it was smooth, with nice folks in Houston.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
I picked up my Grenny today. I had ordered the factory side runners, but they were not installed and I was told the dealer is waiting for shipments. So now I am open to considering after market. I don’t need the slider protection, just the step. I really think this Urban $799 option (no shipping cost) makes a lot of sense for my need. BTW the back door table in my configurator wasn’t available yet either. Regarding hand-off, it was smooth, with nice folks in Houston.
Hi
I would agree with your choice of Urban if off-road ability not a consideration. They are a nice looking step at a good price which still afford a decent ground clearance.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was thinking the same, leaning towards the twin tube side steps however looks like they only doing in black powder coat.
Might just go with factory sliders and stick a bolt on/fold up step (will have a better idea when get under and get measurements) on driver/passenger front in the short term, while wait for something akin to Black Sheep / Buzz Overland at a more competitive cost.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score

Gman53

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Same here. Ordered on 12/28 delivered 1/2. Haven’t had a chance to install them yet. Also no sales tax!

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same here. Ordered on 12/28 delivered 1/2. Haven’t had a chance to install them yet. Also no sales tax!
When I was installing them, i loosely bolted the the front end, went to the rear and it looked like this View attachment IMG_0056.jpeg
The holes didn’t line up. But if you wrestle with the bolts and nuts, it will line up.

Gman53

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
When I was installing them, i loosely bolted the the front end, went to the rear and it looked like this View attachment 7838332
The holes didn’t line up. But if you wrestle with the bolts and nuts, it will line up.
Thanks for the pic! Hopefully mine will go on without any issues as well!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same here, installed last week.
I notice that these steps do not use the central fixing as the Ineos Grenadier original steps do so probably will not be as robust as the Ineos supplied side steps 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_2305.jpeg
    IMG_2305.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
👍🏼. I didn’t realise the tubes were bigger
hopefully it is robust but just seems strange to me not to fix in the centre as well seeing as the attachment points are there

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
👍🏼. I didn’t realise the tubes were bigger
hopefully it is robust but just seems strange to me not to fix in the centre as well seeing as the attachment points are there
The Urban steps mount to the inner part of the frame outriggers making the distance closer than the outer mounting points on the outriggers that the Ineos steps use, likely why they also mount in the middle as well.

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got mine as well, they are really robust. Can’t wait to get them on once I pick
Up my truck. Damn MCO

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you the fellow I saw at Publix? We spoke in the parking lot. Your Grenadier looked fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom