The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your crack (windshields)

If your windshield cracked (please answer honestly)

• Diesel : NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Diesel : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Petrol/Gas: NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Petrol/Gas : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • No crack

Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
Not an invitation for our antipodean friends to photograph their arses but rather our windscreens.

I saw a thread on one of the Facebook groups where it seems a common occurrence for a mystery crack to appear in the middle of the bottom edge of the screen. 5 or 6 people reported the exact same thing.

I wasn’t aware of a stone chip but I jumped in one day and saw immediately a 3-4” curving crack that actually follows the shape of the wiper pattern. It’s grown and grown but screen is being replaced tomorrow.

Anyone on here had this?

IMG_8394.jpeg

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Somebody in the Facebook group said they’d asked their dealer and was told to FO and claim on insurance.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
Somebody in the Facebook group said they’d asked their dealer and was told to FO and claim on insurance.
I think that if it is a crack without any sign of impact, that warranty should play, not claim the insurance!

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that if it is a crack without any sign of impact, that warranty should play, not claim the insurance!
Yeah, I can’t prove there wasn’t a stone chip though!

I don’t lose any no claims discount for a windscreen claim though so it’s not the end of the world.

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not an invitation for our antipodean friends to photograph their arses but rather our windscreens.

I saw a thread on one of the Facebook groups where it seems a common occurrence for a mystery crack to appear in the middle of the bottom edge of the screen. 5 or 6 people reported the exact same thing.

I wasn’t aware of a stone chip but I jumped in one day and saw immediately a 3-4” curving crack that actually follows the shape of the wiper pattern. It’s grown and grown but screen is being replaced tomorrow.

Anyone on here had this?

View attachment 7837313

I have a pretty similar one, it started a bit more to the left from the bottom of the screen. I noticed it after some hours driving on the motorway and did not notice anything flying into the window. My dealer reached out to Ineos and their reply was that it must have been a stone since they are not aware of tension cracks.
Will cost me 150€ and the rest will be paid by all of the G drivers in Germany through insurance premiums 😤
Thanks for pointing out that others have experienced this, too. Will check facebook.
IMG_5826.jpegIMG_5798.jpeg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t lose any no claims discount for a windscreen claim though so it’s not the end of the world.
But if it's not an insurance matter than Ineos will save the money on the cost of the policy holders of the insurance.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's what I mean.

The cracks look a bit too similar to my taste.
When you look on FB and this Forum, IMHO there are too many cracks appearing in the same place of the windscreen to be down to stone cracks. Incidentally the new Defender apparently seems to having the same issues.
Just check all my windows and the windscreen and it is Pilkinson Glass.
I'm coming down on the stress cracks opinion.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorted by Autoglass today, they got an Ineos screen within a couple of days and swapped them in 45 minutes, seemed pretty straightforward for them although they admitted they’d never seen or even heard of an Ineos Grenadier before 😂

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
But if it's not an insurance matter than Ineos will save the money on the cost of the policy holders of the insurance.
Full ACK. The original intention of an insurance.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorted by Autoglass today, they got an Ineos screen within a couple of days and swapped them in 45 minutes, seemed pretty straightforward for them although they admitted they’d never seen or even heard of an Ineos Grenadier before 😂
I went also to Carglass in September due to a dent of a stone chip in the windshield, the Grenadier was not known in there system, so they called a Jeep. I was wondering then if it would even be possible to have a replacement window at that time. Happy to hear that they manage now to get there hands on new windows.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a pretty similar one, it started a bit more to the left from the bottom of the screen. I noticed it after some hours driving on the motorway and did not notice anything flying into the window. My dealer reached out to Ineos and their reply was that it must have been a stone since they are not aware of tension cracks.
Will cost me 150€ and the rest will be paid by all of the G drivers in Germany through insurance premiums 😤
Thanks for pointing out that others have experienced this, too. Will check facebook.
View attachment 7837318View attachment 7837319
This is a tension crack! Ineos Automotive isn't serious: they should believe the dealer!

Back
Top Bottom