The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your crack (windshields)

If your windshield cracked (please answer honestly)

• Diesel : NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Diesel : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Petrol/Gas: NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Petrol/Gas : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • No crack

Votes: 30 42.9%

• Total voters

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:59 PM
Reaction score
Sorted by Autoglass today, they got an Ineos screen within a couple of days and swapped them in 45 minutes, seemed pretty straightforward for them although they admitted they’d never seen or even heard of an Ineos Grenadier before 😂
Been waiting for replacement glass since 6/9/23 had 2 appointments to fit couldnt do it both times due no new rubber seal.Autoglass on both occasions.Mobile fitter said he not seen one before and recommended that it be taken to branch so technical could be involved and they could do a procedure so they could record process to write manual for vehicle for future use.Had second appointment in early December mentioned this to fitter and he said screens a screen what was the problem but still hadnt ordered rubber so couldnt fit it.He also recomended raising complaint so i did still havent heared anything.Rang couple of times but told dont ring us we will ring you.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with @Jean Mercier . Anybody with a crack should take a macro of the crack. This will help determine if you are looking at the starting point or end point. What spooks me is why; body flex from the frame?
I wonder if it is temperature differential in a particular thick screen. Either very hot inside and cold outside, or in vice versa circumstances very hot outside and a/c cold on the inside
Mind you it is Pilkington glass a quality supplier.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Funnily enough, got into mine this afternoon, wife pointed out the crack 😂

99% sure it wasn’t there yesterday

I drove mine 10 miles to nearest town, sat in the truck for a bit on the phone, got out, went for a haircut and when I got back in the crack was there. Now it’s possible I missed it but I’d be surprised, it was really obvious from the driver seat. Therefore I think it appeared while I was in the barber shop.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
I drove mine 10 miles to nearest town, sat in the truck for a bit on the phone, got out, went for a haircut and when I got back in the crack was there. Now it’s possible I missed it but I’d be surprised, it was really obvious from the driver seat. Therefore I think it appeared while I was in the barber shop.
Haircuts will crack a windshield every time. I hope you were happy with the haircut at least.

Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if it is temperature differential in a particular thick screen. Either very hot inside and cold outside, or in vice versa circumstances very hot outside and a/c cold on the inside
Mind you it is Pilkington glass a quality supplier.
Interesting. Not certain I have ever heard of crack due to temperature. Maybe a factor though.

Local time
Reaction score
Maybe those with cracks should start posting pics as well as some data, like: mileage, vin or date car was put in service, etc. I got a feeling this has more to do with the frame/car than the windscreen (except for those with obvious chips). People might consider marking where the endpoint was when it was first noticed.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
Thermal shock is a thing, rapid change in temperature or differential expansion with a hot side and cold side could, in theory, do it.
Happened to me ; sprayed a windshield with water on a hot day -
Crack appeared top middle.
No more washy cars on hot days for me!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Thermal shock is indeed a possible reason for a crack. So, like @Tazzieman said, don't spray your wind shield with hot water on a freezing day or was it the other way around ;-)

But sitting at your barber, or taking your car at the parking spot of your supermarket after shopping is a warranty problem.

I had a crack of my windshield of my Suzuki Grand Vitara after 8 years driving, no impact whatsoever, small crack at the bottom, growing every day ... of course no warranty.

I had an assignment in a windshield factory a long time ago, with quite some scrap due to mechanical stress. Very known problem.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a stone hit the screen, my problem has been getting a screen, none in the country..
NZ
They are, for the time being shipped from Zeebrugge to everywhere, Zeebrugge being in Belgium... if I need a windshield it will be shipped from Zeebrugge to Sweden and back to Belgium again :-(

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They are, for the time being shipped from Zeebrugge to everywhere, Zeebrugge being in Belgium... if I need a windshield it will be shipped from Zeebrugge to Sweden and back to Belgium again :-(
Yes Jean.
My first screen did show a crack within the first few days. Than it took Ineos 3!!!! deliveries to send a screen that arrived at my dealer in one piece! 😂😂 The first two where sent in a carton box without spacers, Styropor or whatsoever and this screens travelled thrue half Europe 🙄🙄
Well since than this screen is okay since 20.000 km….. hopefully it will make it thrue the winter …..will go to Scandinavia at expect some cold weather which would require some warm aircon inside…..

Back
Top Bottom