The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof racks, Head up displays and dash cams etc. Any after market accessory.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Very informative video. Good info on the roof attachments/failure points and the potential noise trade off with rack bar orientation. I am considering front runner but now will do more research before deciding.
Yes, the mounting design/construction is very important for a fully/over loaded rack.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone with OEM roofrack measured the final height including rack?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone actually had one delivered?
It’s at the dealers. Apparently they’ve had the racks for a while it was the mounting brackets that they were waiting on. My roof rack fitted next Thursday

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone here used the roof top top tent security mounts sold by Wheel Every Weekend? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but on the one hand, it seems like a worthy investment (even at about $230), but on the other hand if you secure the tent with these to cross bars or a rack, and the cross bars/rack (like those sold by Ineos) do not lock, then wouldn't potential dedicated thieves just not fuss with the security mounts at that time and just take off the crossbars/rack with the tent and go on their merry way? I'm wondering whether I should look into locking cross bars as alternatives to those offered by Ineos before placing an order.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone here used the roof top top tent security mounts sold by Wheel Every Weekend? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but on the one hand, it seems like a worthy investment (even at about $230), but on the other hand if you secure the tent with these to cross bars or a rack, and the cross bars/rack (like those sold by Ineos) do not lock, then wouldn't potential dedicated thieves just not fuss with the security mounts at that time and just take off the crossbars/rack with the tent and go on their merry way? I'm wondering whether I should look into locking cross bars as alternatives to those offered by Ineos before placing an order.
You can get a proprietary bolt pattern on rhino rack mounts (the ineos oem option) search rhino rack and look at their accessories and options. That said none of these will stop a determined thief.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can get a proprietary bolt pattern on rhino rack mounts (the ineos oem option) search rhino rack and look at their accessories and options. That said none of these will stop a determined thief.
I have Rhino gear, they aren’t really proprietary they are just the security torx screws. They will stop the casual thief but anyone can buy the security torx bits, I have a couple of sets.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:08 PM
Reaction score
I travelled to the Abenteuer & Allrad 4x4 Expo this week to discuss my concerns around the soft gutters and that there is no way a rack mounted at the very edge will not kill the gutters.
All the makers I talked to agreed. Tue ones using the gutter moved the feet inside towards the car and added support by having all mounts connected in some way. Only Frontrunner seems to be using the standard narrow feet with zero adjustment.
Black Sheep Innovations uses the rails. Abenteuer 4x4 is dropping a new concept soon.
I am currently prototyping my own as I need things ready in 3 weeks.

LeTech
IMG_7836.jpeg

IMG_7837.jpeg
BSI
IMG_7820.jpeg

Frontrunner

IMG_7827.jpeg

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like the Black Sheep rack, but it seems to be short on tie down points. What do you guys think who are more familiar with these things?

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like the Black Sheep rack, but it seems to be short on tie down points. What do you guys think who are more familiar with these things?
I talked to them on getting the feet customised in order to be able to mount allow profiles on top of them. They are happy to do all that. Will talk to them on Monday. I am thinking to use those adapted version on top of my gutter mounted feet to have pressure distributed on both. Tails and gutters.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Doesn’t Black Sheep have the aircraft accessory rails on the top and both sides? That should provide almost limitless tie down points.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I talked to them on getting the feet customised in order to be able to mount allow profiles on top of them. They are happy to do all that. Will talk to them on Monday. I am thinking to use those adapted version on top of my gutter mounted feet to have pressure distributed on both. Tails and gutters.
That would be great and maximum freedom of creativity…

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sure. But mounting a RTT, I do need nothing but 3 crossbars under it. So in my case, I just need the feet. And as their platform elements are mounted from the side, I would have to have the mount plates 90 degrees rotated upwards.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just came across this short video. Many of these mods should appeal to the overland crowd. Interesting change to the front grill too.
View: https://youtu.be/jb-TJbuL5zs
Oops. That didn’t work. It’s a video I came across showcasing Black Sheep Innovations’. Perhaps you’ll be able to find it on your own searching for Abenteuer Allrad Impressionen - Ineos Grenadier by Florian Alexander Mayer

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The grill and the light bar really look nice!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do like those sliders and the grill looks nice too. Although I like the V in the standard grill.

wiggles GIF

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brilliant -
Doesn’t Black Sheep have the aircraft accessory rails on the top and both sides? That should provide almost limitless tie down points.
Tom, wasn't sure of the top, but I am sure you are right. Click here: https://shop.blacksheep-innovations.com/Sheep-Roof-Carrier-Ineos-Grenadier.html

Back
Top Bottom