The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof Gutter Mounts for Light Bar

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if anyone has come across any good gutter mounts for the grenadier for a roof light bar?
Example attached (different vehicle but gutter mounts).

Looking at the https://au.lightforce.com/products/viper-50-inch-single-row-led-light-bar

Was tempted to get their dual row 50 inch model but it draws 25.3amps and I know the DTP outlet for the roof outlet is only 25amps!

Cheers

Attachments

• GPLTAASM0__1.jpg
    GPLTAASM0__1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: PBD

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
https://blacksheep-innovations.shop/en/LED-Bar-ultra-low-Ineos-Grenadier/IG-LED-D1

black-sheep-innovations-gmbh-led-bar-ineos-grenadier-04-min.webp

black-sheep-innovations-gmbh-led-bar-ineos-grenadier-02-min.webp

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
$2500AUD delivered. Not today thanks.
Check with them directly because their website calculates shipping incorrectly. Also some talk that they plan on an Australian warehouse with local stock

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
That'd get me a week in Bali. If I ever wanted to visit Bali.

Or, the redarc towing kit, a very good bullbar mounted lightbar, and a long weekend on the Gold Coast with food and wine.
hopefully wines

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
$2500AUD delivered. Not today thanks.
A fool and his money …
I just placed my order with Black Sheep. Dollars aside, my concern is that the thin gap between the roof and the bar is going to sing like a kettle on the Highway - the upside is it might drown out the vibrations people are talking about at 110kms - meh, maybe time will tell.
Henry

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
DiY style bar - just make sure you use good fixings...
6.4mm Structural rivets should do it. Forget the paint warranty and clamps!!!
1696073615513.png

JGM

Production/Transit
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
I am considering this option. My primary concern is that it shows 5,600 lumens, which seems relatively anemic compared to other light bar solutions. I bought a Leitner 3/4 because of the safari windows, so it will require a gutter install, much like the black sheep variant. Any feedback on the amount of light the Black Sheep produces in the real world or alternate solutions would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Greer

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My primary concern is that it shows 5,600 lumens, which seems relatively anemic compared to other light bar solutions.
I have no experience with the Black Sheep option, but when talking about distance lighting, lumens is far less important than lux @ distance (since lumens is a total amount of light leaving the light instead of actual usable and shaped light on an object at a certain point away). Just something to keep in mind. Also, if looking at lumens, "raw lumens" (theoretical) is usually vastly higher than actual lumens measured

JGM

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I have no experience with the Black Sheep option, but when talking about distance lighting, lumens is far less important than lux @ distance (since lumens is a total amount of light leaving the light instead of actual usable and shaped light on an object at a certain point away). Just something to keep in mind. Also, if looking at lumens, "raw lumens" (theoretical) is usually vastly higher than actual lumens measured
Thanks Anand. @bigleonski how is the lux @ distance and noise, or any other issues with the Black Sheep LED bar?

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
I am considering this option. My primary concern is that it shows 5,600 lumens, which seems relatively anemic compared to other light bar solutions. I bought a Leitner 3/4 because of the safari windows, so it will require a gutter install, much like the black sheep variant. Any feedback on the amount of light the Black Sheep produces in the real world or alternate solutions would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Greer
This is what's going on my car, it's currently in transit:

I am mounting it to the front of my roof top tent.
About 4 times brighter than the black sheep option including double the 1 lux distance plus at a 5th of the cost, but of course not including roof gutter mounts, but I feel like you could get those separate.
The black sheep stuff looks slick though!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

About 4 times brighter than the black sheep option including double the 1 lux distance plus at a 5th of the cost, but of course not including roof gutter mounts, but I feel like you could get those separate.
Nice!

I am going with the 42” version, to try and slightly tuck it between the roof and Rhino Rack.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm digging that company's stuff.

JGM

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

I'm wondering if the 3/4 rack LED mount would shine light into the IG via the safari window when turned on?

Local time
Reaction score
I moved my Ineos cross bar and (under-fitted) Ineos light bar back behind the safari windows as it was way too noisy (wind) at the front of the car. However I had to flip the light bar to bring on top of the cross bar as there wasn’t enough clearance underneath the cross bar if placed by the B Pillar. I also added rubber strips to help noise reduction.
So it’s now behind the safari windows and works very well and with little noise.
I don’t notice any major light coming into the cabin, but you can see it beaming over the top of the safari windows if you look up, but it’s not distracting.

Attachments

• IMG_2036.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom