The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removable draw system

Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
Totally agree it was a bit short sighted to not be level, but I guess with the electrics it made it difficult. My hope too is for something useful to level things.

SO many other mfr's have designed/engineered around it, and those weren't as "overland" focused as the IG. Heck, my 2006 RRS S/C has completely flat fold seats, 2006!! And while it's a rare HD model with locking rear diff, I don't think Land Rover or the original owner was thinking of overlanding/sleeping inside it much.

Just really sad to see them kind of give up on an important interior detail, and not find another home for battery(ies)/electronics.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
I'm thinking that Front Runner Outfitters (S.Africa) will be one of the first to develop a rear drawer system....but it might be shallow height to match the folded seat height (DUMB DESIGN I.A.!), so that there's a completely flat interior sleeping surface.

I had the FRO drawer system in my gray G500 and it was very useful (granted, I slept in the Autohome Columbus RTT, not inside).
LOTS of different setups here;
Frontrunner just advised me that they are in the process of designing a roof rack for the Grenadier but NOT a draw system at this stage as they are waiting to see sales volumes.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
SO many other mfr's have designed/engineered around it, and those weren't as "overland" focused as the IG. Heck, my 2006 RRS S/C has completely flat fold seats, 2006!! And while it's a rare HD model with locking rear diff, I don't think Land Rover or the original owner was thinking of overlanding/sleeping inside it much.

Just really sad to see them kind of give up on an important interior detail, and not find another home for battery(ies)/electronics.
Well, we're nothing if not flexible! ;) I'm not sure where else the battery and electrics could be accommodated given that the designers wanted to remove them from the engine compartment. Personally I see great advantages in the batteries away from heat extremes in the engine compartment, being able to access the batteries and other 'electrickery' out of the weather, and better vehicle weight distribution...:)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well said Denis. I think they are in a well thought out position.
If people need more room for air fryers , huge fridges etc , get a trailer. Or some other branded vehicle. Or wait for the dual cab.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, we're nothing if not flexible! ;) I'm not sure where else the battery and electrics could be accommodated given that the designers wanted to remove them from the engine compartment. Personally I see great advantages in the batteries away from heat extremes in the engine compartment, being able to access the batteries and other 'electrickery' out of the weather, and better vehicle weight distribution...:)
The one spot that the extra power outlets don’t cater is just behind the rear seat where I’d normally run power to the fridge. Getting power there will be easy as with the battery where it is.
In 99% of vehicles there is nothing under the second row seats but no space and carpet. I reckon putting the batteries there is a great solution.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
I'm thinking that Front Runner Outfitters (S.Africa) will be one of the first to develop a rear drawer system....but it might be shallow height to match the folded seat height
Are you ignoring the ones from Gearmate?
(DUMB DESIGN I.A.!), so that there's a completely flat interior sleeping surface.
Might be for your purpose but works very well for me. Stackable boxes have a lip/bulkhead to load up against, and lighter, softer kit is more accessible from rear doors.

It's a simple task to create a plinth if you really want a flat surface, and then you get a lower storage area for heavy, long or just dirty items.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The one spot that the extra power outlets don’t cater is just behind the rear seat where I’d normally run power to the fridge. Getting power there will be easy as with the battery where it is.
In 99% of vehicles there is nothing under the second row seats but no space and carpet. I reckon putting the batteries there is a great solution.
1677580411670.png1677580553810.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Might be for your purpose but works very well for me. Stackable boxes have a lip/bulkhead to load up against, and lighter, softer kit is more accessible from rear doors.

It's a simple task to create a plinth if you really want a flat surface, and then you get a lower storage area for heavy, long or just dirty items.
I have somewhat less than zero desire to sleep in the back of my vehicle like a homeless person.
Book a hotel room

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have somewhat less than zero desire to sleep in the back of my vehicle like a homeless person.
Book a hotel room
Camping in a tent and eating tinned food over a smoky fire is what we did as kids. It enabled you to leave home and experience underprivileged life.
In that regard it was educative.
Sleeping in cars is not an aspirational option for us either!
I'd rather sleep under the stars in the open , which I've done in the past year, next to a croc filled river.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We intend to sleep in ours on the odd occasion that it’s not suitable to set up camp or we need to get away early for example
will work out the arrangement once we have the vehicle. We tend to use stackable plastic crates for kit which is easy to configure.
we both still love camping especially under African skies.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, dogs and I will camp in the car now and again. Will try and level the 60pct side of the back seats and airbed it on hopefully a flat platform/drawer of sometype.

Sod sleeping next to croc infested rivers!!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Camping in a tent and eating tinned food over a smoky fire is what we did as kids. It enabled you to leave home and experience underprivileged life.
In that regard it was educative.
Sleeping in cars is not an aspirational option for us either!
I'd rather sleep under the stars in the open , which I've done in the past year, next to a croc filled river.
I grew up with an underprivileged life.
Long drop out back
A copper for heating water which eventually filled the bath on Sunday nights.
We had a bath every week regardless of if we needed one or not
Rich folk across the road had a telephone if anyone needed to contact us. Or anyone else in the street.
Luxury

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What’s your point Dave?
Are you saying there’s a power point in the seat back where your second red circle is? Awesome if so, but not marked.

The one on the side isn’t at the back of the cargo area, so useless for my application.
Cigarette outlet right there
The PWR switch lets you leave power on to it when the motor is turned off.
I am going to sit an upright 110 litre fridge right next to it so perfect location

1677583483758.png1677583568268.png

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Cigarette outlet right there
The PWR switch lets you leave power on to it when the motor is turned off.
I am going to sit an upright 110 litre fridge right next to it so perfect location

View attachment 7804570View attachment 7804571
Yes I know that one is there. As I said, not where I’ll want it so I’ll fit another. And it’s easy because the battery is where it is.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I grew up with an underprivileged life.
Long drop out back
A copper for heating water which eventually filled the bath on Sunday nights.
We had a bath every week regardless of if we needed one or not
Rich folk across the road had a telephone if anyone needed to contact us. Or anyone else in the street.
Luxury
We went 4 years with no TV in the early 70s. Despite the mocking I copped at school, I believe it helped my brain develop. My father didn't call it the idiot box for no reason 😁

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230228_224308_Edge.jpg

Can anyone recommend a slim tall vertical pullout drawer and/or fridge, with the above design with the shelves accessable from both sides)?

It would ideally need to either reach the height of the rear seats or roof?

It's a thought I'm playing with considering the height of the Grenadier. Just a thought 🤔💭

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score

Have a link to the Gearmate units?

I do agree that keeping the batteries low/centered is brilliant. I just wish the load area from the front seat backs aftward was totally flat. A minor bump in the configuration/setup is all.

Back
Top Bottom