The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removable draw system

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
Thanks again Denis. Even though I have a 40l footwell bladder for the discovery I'd totally forgotten about them for fuel storage. I just wonder how they would go being filled up from a bowser.

PS good idea making this a separate thread
I watched a fellow doing just that about a year ago... he filled it on the usual servo pump flow for the first 20 or so litres then slowed...I seem to recall it was about a 50L bladder. He was practised because there was no sudden fuel spurt. He had the bladder (looked like a large pillow) secured with four webbing straps -one from each corner to the tie downs in the rear of his Isuzu "MUX" wagon. ... I'm not sure how he'd arranged to decant the fuel into the vehicle...

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
Back on topic, I plan to do a drawer system. One of the more well known brands is Truck Vault. I've had some work trucks that had them installed, and they seemed to be very well built. I'd like to have one that basically fills in the rear storage area and is the same height as the folded rear seats, to make the entire area behind the driver's seat as close to the same height as possible, to be able to sleep in the area if needed. They are not, however, removable, rather are security biased and usually bolted in.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
I like this idea from Gearmate
Like to put a fridge or an esky on a slideout

View attachment 7795982View attachment 7795983View attachment 7795984View attachment 7795987
Now the manual shows exact dimensions it looks like the Gearmate GM226 twin or single draw fits pretty snug between the arches and behind the Trialmaster rear seats.
I was looking to cover the gaps around the arches but i am now thinking i am going to leave as is so as to access the jack and also not to loose any space.
I am sure it will get filled with the odd bits rarely needed.
Will be going up to see them as soon as i get my hands on my vehicle which is sitting at the dealers.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They're also reasonably heavy....
Back on topic, I plan to do a drawer system. One of the more well known brands is Truck Vault. I've had some work trucks that had them installed, and they seemed to be very well built. I'd like to have one that basically fills in the rear storage area and is the same height as the folded rear seats, to make the entire area behind the driver's seat as close to the same height as possible, to be able to sleep in the area if needed. They are not, however, removable, rather are security biased and usually bolted in.
There's a similar product sold through the "big box" outlets here called "Van Vault". The 1000mm wide single drawer (1200mm long/200mm high) is bolted in and has a triple lock setup. However, it weighs a significant 54kg! But if the main purpose is security then, I guess, it needs to be 'tough'... especially when I watch YouTube of the thugs trashing car windows in San Francisco (the "glitter bomb " fellow
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWeu2dxHRDg
)

4656ca508149437193b13033176fc4a0

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@DenisM "especially when I watch YouTube of the thugs trashing car windows in San Francisco" I think you mean Gangsters. Thugs are those that commit crime for themselves. Gangster are an organized crime. The group smashing windows in San Fran are part of an organized crime group. As shown in the video, they grab the bags and hand them off to a different person. Thugs tend to be tossed around as a derogatory term towards black males.

Thugs would be the white women walking up and stealing packages from peoples door steps shown in the video. I believe these well-off white women would be called Shelia in Australia.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@DenisM "especially when I watch YouTube of the thugs trashing car windows in San Francisco" I think you mean Gangsters. Thugs are those that commit crime for themselves. Gangster are an organized crime. The group smashing windows in San Fran are part of an organized crime group. As shown in the video, they grab the bags and hand them off to a different person. Thugs tend to be tossed around as a derogatory term towards black males.

Thugs would be the white women walking up and stealing packages from peoples door steps shown in the video. I believe these well-off white women would be called Shelia in Australia.
Thanks for pointing out the subtleties! As I was want to explain to my American colleagues in such discussions "we are two cultures separated by a "common" language!
As for "Sheila" ...not often used these days. Derived from the Irish "Sheelagh" and is/was a term used by males as a generic term for females. Good explanation here
cheers!

SonnyC

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I contacted Goose Gear and this was their response:

Thank you for your interest in Goose Gear products!

The Grenadier is definitely on "our list". No ETA or details to share until our products are launched.

We recommend submitting a Vehicle Suggestion on our website. When products are introduced we try to notify based off of vehicle submitted. Here is the link if you would like to submit:
https://www.goose-gear.com/pages/goose-gear-vehicle-suggestion

I submitted a vehicle suggestion for their plate system and drawers to level the cargo area with the rear seats folded down, but if you're interested in their products, you may want to consider submitting one as well. I have their plate system and drawers in my Jeep and the quality is top notch, but pricey.

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
A good drawer system definitely will be on everyone’s list.
I am not sure if a similar picture like the attached has been posted already. It has been taken from one of the PT02 vehicles.
I tried to get in contact with gearmate by email 'info@gearmate.co.uk' twice. So far no reply, after 5 months.
macstech

Attachments

• KL_IMG_.jpg
    KL_IMG_.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 118

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I tried to get in contact with gearmate by email 'info@gearmate.co.uk' twice. So far no reply, after 5 months.
macstech
See post #68 in this thread - they replied on 25th January 2023.

I guess we should be looking out for these soon: "Gearmate will also be offering some additional products direct to customers, such as dog box’s etc in the spring of this year."

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That's what we call balling on a budget

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's more than a few years since I've visited an Ikea shop, the lure of meatballs having worn off; but I may have missed a trick if they all have a free wood area.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well, it will match the rest of the vehicle if this is the future:

My 4-year-old son would be a lead designer if we move to cardboard cars. He always finds imaginative ways to use boxes. During the pandemic, we were potty training him. He decided to take a large box decorate it and put his potty training toilet in the box. Basically, he made a recyclable porta potty.

Back
Top Bottom