The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removable draw system

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
I am looking at getting or making a removable draw system that is held in place with the utility rails.
I have had virtually no experience with draw systems
I would prefer to adapt to a standard system if possible so I can take advantage of what is readily available.
My preference would be something I could install when needed within about 30 minutes.
I have found a variety of options but they are all based on a permanent install and they all look pretty similar
I am not going camping but want to have a fridge/freezer and a couple of drawers.
As my wife is pretty short at 4'11" or 150cm, so not sure if I will need a drop own fridge bracket or just a slide out.
Probably one or two drawers as well
It would be good to have a variety of drawers so I can fit whatever I need for that trip easily
Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations???

Utility Rails.jpg Draw 2.jpgDraw 1.jpg
rear doors 2.jpgdoors.jpg

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Warwick from SLRV is developing some rear drawer system, and that will include no doubt a fridge provision. Personally, I dont really see that a removable system is warranted, as it will be a killer to install/remove when you need.

Personally I intend to lay a drawer fridge next to a single 90cm deep drawer, and build some wings that extend over the wheel arches. That will make the top of the wheel arches the new floor level, which is fine as there is plenty of height left in the back still.

However, I will wait until I get it, so I can then work out exactly what to build.

Example of Fridge Drawer

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you considered an upright fridge/freezer? - good for those with reach issues and come in a range of sizes.

As i have written elsewhere, i am filling in the painful wait time by coming up with kitchen ideas for a weekend getaway install in the back.
One of the designs i have come up with is for a small (50L) upright fridge/freezer, with a 40L water tank behind it, and a slide out table and bbq drawer underneath.
Has to be small enough that one side of the cargo space is still usable as it will probably be staying in unless i really need all the space for something. This one uses up less than half the width based on measurements i have seen.
As i have not had the chance to take any measurements of an actual Grenadier, so this is just fantasy build ideas at the moment.
But as i said it helps fill in the time.
Here is a basic 2d cad. with wings on the right to go over wheel arches
1664694666697.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
A drop down fridge slider is fairly expensive. My wife reckons a pair of collapsible steps are much cheaper. You only need to access an upright fridge for a few seconds. We have a fridge mounted on a drawer with a slide out top - Drawer

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
My advice is wait.

I know from talking to manufacturers of drawer systems and Grenadiers stands personnel at shows, that they have all been crawling over the IG’s where possible taking measurements so they can be amongst the first to bring out a bespoke set on release.

I was going to also say if you want removable I would go for the heavy duty plastic ones. However when you started to talk about a fridge, that put my idea out of the window.

Personally I think you are looking for a mythical beast wanting a draw and fridge combo that is easily removable and quick on installation. It will be a pain in the ass to sort, unless you happen to have a forklift !!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dave.

A key point is whether you want a sleeping area as well as storage/fridge/water.

You said no camping - but do you mean no tent so you DO NEED a sleeping area within the Grenadier or you DONT need it because you will stay in other accommodation?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Warwick from SLRV is developing some rear drawer system, and that will include no doubt a fridge provision. Personally, I dont really see that a removable system is warranted, as it will be a killer to install/remove when you need.

Personally I intend to lay a drawer fridge next to a single 90cm deep drawer, and build some wings that extend over the wheel arches. That will make the top of the wheel arches the new floor level, which is fine as there is plenty of height left in the back still.

However, I will wait until I get it, so I can then work out exactly what to build.

Example of Fridge Drawer
Hi. The whole point is that I want an easily removable draw system.
I only need them in the vehicle for maybe 50 days a year.
The rest of the time I want to be able to make use of the whole load space.
We are building a new house so I will be going to the hardware, landscape, nursery stores.
if the tipper bucket from the landscape place fits in the doors then I will be putting down a tarp and telling him to dump it in.
This is a tool not a toy and just like my Mazda it will be filled with whatever I need.
So I want to be able to load it with bricks, timber, fencing, mulch, plants, chickens.
Then put in some draws and a fridge and go away for the weekend.
I have thrown 150kgs of stuff in the boot of my Mercedes coupe.

1664705383394.jpeg1664705407959.jpeg1664705595208.jpeg1664705639511.jpeg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I want to use this vehicle for as many different things as possible.
It is also my company car so i need to put stuff in the back for trade shows & Exhibitions.
Pick international visitors up from the airport and throw their luggage in the back.
Go to mine sites with sales reps and demo equipment.
Then take my wife out to a restaurant.
I want it to feel and look like it is real not just a showcase.
Although I have ordered it in Donny Gray with an inky black roof so it will be getting a ceramic coat.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
My wife is about to turn 63, can't cook and doesn't like housework.
Not sure what I would get for her in the open market.
And don’t forget it can always get worse.
There is a saying in German: "Schlimmer geht immer" ("Worse is always possible").

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And don’t forget it can always get worse.
There is a saying in German: "Schlimmer geht immer" ("Worse is always possible").
A guy in outback Australia put up a post on twitter after his wife died.
Looking for a new wife.
Must have boat and motor.
Please reply with pictures of boat and motor

Back
Top Bottom