The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removable draw system

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
We do use Pelicans from time to time, but they are upcycled -- buying new ones is also a bit cost prohibitive, and they are much heavier than the Zarges cases.
Never used Zarges but I do love a nice Peli.

Did several work trips to the US. Always took a very cheap suitcase, binned it there and brought everything home in a new Peli. Much cheaper than buying in UK. Also used to pack duty free in a small case and have it as carry on.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
Great idea on the luggage-swap @DCPU . The pelicans we have were originally purchased as luggage on my motorbike; they make great panniers except because of the lid, stuff all falls out when you get into camp (Its not as bad as it sounds - for the price and durability, they can't be beat as a pannier) but I eventually upgraded to Tusk aluminum bins and so I was able to recycle my pelicans into food storage. Their seals make them great at keeping critters away from the smells, and where we often camp the critters are called things like 'Grizzly Bear' so its in our best interests not to draw them in!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Motorcycle pannier kit has some adapterbility for Grenadier type vehicles. I used to run a full set of Givi monokey panniers/topbox on an African Twin. Bike long gone but I still have the panniers.

Landrover should have adopted the click and lock idea to their new Defender's side box.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am looking at getting or making a removable draw system that is held in place with the utility rails.
I have had virtually no experience with draw systems
I would prefer to adapt to a standard system if possible so I can take advantage of what is readily available.
My preference would be something I could install when needed within about 30 minutes.
I have found a variety of options but they are all based on a permanent install and they all look pretty similar
I am not going camping but want to have a fridge/freezer and a couple of drawers.
As my wife is pretty short at 4'11" or 150cm, so not sure if I will need a drop own fridge bracket or just a slide out.
Probably one or two drawers as well
It would be good to have a variety of drawers so I can fit whatever I need for that trip easily
Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations???

View attachment 7794252 View attachment 7794253View attachment 7794254
View attachment 7794255View attachment 7794257
I’m thinking along the same lines myself. A removable drawer system held in place by fixings in the utility rails. 👍

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
I guess you remove it before the draws go in and find another place.

I wish the Grenadier had a underseat storage like the G wagen
If you don't get the second battery you do have underseat storage.
Then maybe you can put your lithium solution where the Jack goes if you want one.
If you use that draw system it still leaves lots of storage space under the shelves on either side.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
Well done. That certainly gives a better perspective on the size of the drawers than the other photo I've seen. They look quite tall.

It looks like the infill panels are fixed? If they are hinged or magnetically attached, there'd be some additional stowage space.
Yes, I agree
You would want to have easy access to that space

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
1:11 PM
Reaction score
The number one question is do they rattle? I had to remove the cheap ass drawers in my current vehicle due the rattles. It was driving me mental

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went down this route in my disco four, my dogs fell out with a vengeance when they got into the back. Had a full width draw and cages on top (will try and post photo).
Very well made, very useful as most of the stuff from inside the car is now in the drawer, saves on vet bills and should transfer to the the grenadier.
Bad news is they rattle like F*#K! Save on vets bills though!

Attachments

• IMG_5388.jpeg
    IMG_5388.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5389.jpeg
    IMG_5389.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 97

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went down this route in my disco four, my dogs fell out with a vengeance when they got into the back. Had a full width draw and cages on top (will try and post photo).
Very well made, very useful as most of the stuff from inside the car is now in the drawer, saves on vet bills and should transfer to the the grenadier.
Bad news is they rattle like F*#K! Save on vets bills though!
Transk9 double?

Back
Top Bottom