The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removable draw system

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
The XTM drawers have cross bars with bolt holes , and/or you can strap them down. I will work out what works best/safest when I get my hands on my Trialmaster.
I also have 2 of their sliding top/drawer units bolted one on top of the other. It's designed that way.
I had the XTM drawers in my current car and took them out because of the rattles as it was unbearable

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Warwick from SLRV is developing some rear drawer system, and that will include no doubt a fridge provision. Personally, I dont really see that a removable system is warranted, as it will be a killer to install/remove when you need.

Personally I intend to lay a drawer fridge next to a single 90cm deep drawer, and build some wings that extend over the wheel arches. That will make the top of the wheel arches the new floor level, which is fine as there is plenty of height left in the back still.

However, I will wait until I get it, so I can then work out exactly what to build.

Example of Fridge Drawer
I was thinking song the lines of Dave's approach but will be making my own ally sub frame with some yet to be figured out key locks for the Ineos rail. Once I see the rail I'll work it out. Maybe I'll look at what SLRV do first :unsure:

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking a slide that levels the back with the height of the folded seat could be practical. That way you’d have a “flat“ load bay.
I’m liking that idea. May pave the way for some narrow draws underneath.

Will have a play when it arrives. It’s half the fun. I like building mock ups out of plywood until you get something that works. Then weld up a aluminium or steel unit.

Shame it’s not a full height flat floor right through. It’s the main benefit of the defender.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can echo your comments here Andrew. I haven’t been able to land on a config that I want to keep in a vehicle 24/7. I have mates with drawers full of stuff they never access.

Having a flexible stackable system and a 40ltr fridge has been my go to as it can be tailored depending upon the trip.

One thing that has stopped me from installing a drawer unit is wanting flexibility to use the load space for mountain bikes, dogs, change room during winter rides etc. having a drawer set cuts down your options.
I am with you 100%.

For the next 3/4 years - I only need a storage system for 7 to 8 times a year, maybe 25 days, tops.

The other 340 days I need the rear space unencumbered (including back seats down) for bikes, dogs, building stuff, clothes, rubbish and the rest of life's detritus that needs moving houses.

So, it simple really: I want an efficient, well made, creative, flexible & comprehensive storage & draw system, incorporating a cooking device & fridge BUT that is fairly portable; i.e. it can be fully removed in an hour or so.

DOES IT EXIST OR WILL I NEED TO COMMISSION A BESPOKE VERSION?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking song the lines of Dave's approach but will be making my own ally sub frame with some yet to be figured out key locks for the Ineos rail. Once I see the rail I'll work it out. Maybe I'll look at what SLRV do first :unsure:
The Ineos "rail" I saw at a Qld drive day looked to be the standard "regular profile" "L-track"...e.g. https://www.qstraint.com/en-au/l-track/
By grinding a sufficient flat on the crown of the head of a coach bolt, the bolt can then be inserted and slid "inverted" along the track and used to fasten an angle bracket in place to secure the required structure (drawers, cargo tray etc). works well!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
The Ineos "rail" I saw at a Qld drive day looked to be the standard "regular profile" "L-track"...e.g. https://www.qstraint.com/en-au/l-track/
By grinding a sufficient flat on the crown of the head of a coach bolt, the bolt can then be inserted and slid "inverted" along the track and used to fasten an angle bracket in place to secure the required structure (drawers, cargo tray etc). works well!
Ohhh very good. I was going to make my own T clamp to fit... with niched sides to lock in place (the benefit of knowing guys with good metal working great!). This will be fun - or my fridge will be on the dirt. One way or the other 😯

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am with you 100%.

For the next 3/4 years - I only need a storage system for 7 to 8 times a year, maybe 25 days, tops.

The other 340 days I need the rear space unencumbered (including back seats down) for bikes, dogs, building stuff, clothes, rubbish and the rest of life's detritus that needs moving houses.

So, it simple really: I want an efficient, well made, creative, flexible & comprehensive storage & draw system, incorporating a cooking device & fridge BUT that is fairly portable; i.e. it can be fully removed in an hour or so.

You mean something along these lines?

I think our EU friends call this a ’camp box’. Pop it in the back for the summer trip.

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You mean something along these lines?

I think our EU friends call this a ’camp box’. Pop it in the back for the summer trip.
Thanks GG.

At first glance, looks like a quality product, with lots of innovation, and designed for removability.

More investigation neededScreenshot_20230216_084005.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Australian distributor appears to be located in Fremantle WA.
Not 'cheap' from about A$5k - A$8k!!
Yes, then again in functional terms it’s a pullout kitchen and water solution and electrical setup and rooftop tent in the one module.
Some nifty design in it which could be emulated if you’re handy and can access a CNC.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am with you 100%.

Awesome- build two and let me know when I can come and collect it hey. 😂😂

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
Yep you could build a real nice bespoke unit for 7k.
If you search youtube, you can find some amazing drawer system builds - like amazing stuff being done.

There's a few videos of this build, but this is the final one. You can skim to the end (about 17:45) if you're not interested in the process, but this is one killer setup.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
I have some trouble being confident of a construction using screws into "five ply" when travelling over Australia's corrugated road system outback. those corrugations are enough to make even welded stuff come undone.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you search youtube, you can find some amazing drawer system builds - like amazing stuff being done.

There's a few videos of this build, but this is the final one. You can skim to the end (about 17:45) if you're not interested in the process, but this is one killer setup.

What a superb, well designed and made permanent fridge/draw/sleeping platform system. (How good is Purnell as a cabinet maker/designer!).

I would love to build something like this but don't have the skills necessary nor, and most importantly, the tools.

Back
Top Bottom