The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
@grenadierboy Thank you for yout interest in our drawer system!

Answer 1: We used high-quality plywood for the construction of our drawer system. The bottom, top sections, and drawer ends are all made from sturdy plywood to ensure durability and stability. This choice of material provides both strength and a lightweight design, which is essential for a mobile setup like our Ineos Grenadier.

Answer 2: Yes, the bottom wooden piece of our system is securely fixed to the cargo floor of the Grenadier to prevent any side-to-side or up-and-down movement while in transit. We achieved this by using T-Slot Nuts that are attached to the vehicle's cargo floor. Specifically, we utilized the existing airline tracks in the Grenadier, positioning the anchor points as far back toward the second row as possible. This strategic placement ensures that even when the fully loaded drawers are extended, the drawer system remains stable and does not tilt forward. It's a crucial safety feature that enhances the overall security of our setup, especially during off-road journeys or when navigating uneven terrain.
and to remove the draw system - you would simply remove the baskets and you have access the T slot nuts?

inky_black

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
No issues and no rear wall.

@jert thank you very much for your suggestion, and we truly appreciate your creative approach. It's fantastic to see the diversity of ideas within our community and how passionately we all work to optimize our vehicles.

In our own solution, we opted for a specific arrangement that has proven to be highly functional for our needs. This arrangement allows us to store long items such as an axe, pruning shears, or an umbrella between the wheel arch and the drawer system, which is incredibly convenient for our adventures (marked in blue).

Furthermore, this arrangement significantly simplifies the handling of heavily loaded drawers since we don't have to constantly remove and reload them. The pull-out mechanism ensures that we can access items in the drawers more easily, particularly during our travels.

We value your contribution and the variety of solutions emerging within the community. It's remarkable how diverse the possibilities are, and how we can all contribute to promoting the versatility and adaptability of vehicle setups. Each solution has its own merits, and it's inspiring how we can learn from one another.

It's worth mentioning that we did consider the approach you've suggested during our brainstorming sessions. However, after careful evaluation, we ultimately decided on the current arrangement due to its suitability for our specific requirements. Additionally, we have chosen not to include a rear panel, only side walls, and the fronts serve both as access handles and as the mechanism for opening and closing the drawers.

IMG_9765.jpeg

inky_black

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
and to remove the draw system - you would simply remove the baskets and you have access the T slot nuts?
@grenadierboy Yes, that's correct! To remove the drawer system and gain access to the screws with hexagon socket that tighten the T-slot nuts, you simply need to remove the Euro crates or containers from the drawers to ensure they are empty. It is not necessary to disengage the rails or sliding systems. Once you have removed the Euro crates, you can leave the drawers within the drawer system, and you will have direct access to the screws.

Pavo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As promised last week here are some hand sketches and some photos of "Making-Of".
The narrow board behind the seat provides easy access to the fastening screws and serves as a mounting point for additional constructions (when you replace this). The arrangement and position of the back seat (installed at an angle) ensure that future projects can be implemented without worrying about possible movement back and forth (safety while driving). The narrow board is only provided with dominoes and stacked. Only 2 ULF-Screws were used and this is the onliest tool you need to use for disassembling the complete construction by only one person: You remove at first the narrow board, then you remove both srcews and pull the complete setup backwards.

Attachments

• IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 9172F8DB-E08D-4F50-91AB-F31B77D82239.JPG
    9172F8DB-E08D-4F50-91AB-F31B77D82239.JPG
    313.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2005.JPG
    IMG_2005.JPG
    367.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2004.JPG
    IMG_2004.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2001.JPG
    IMG_2001.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 189

Pavo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
... and some more pictures from "Making-Of"....

Attachments

• IMG_9765.jpg
    IMG_9765.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_9755.jpg
    IMG_9755.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_9635.jpg
    IMG_9635.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 221

BoiseIdaho

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome job inky-black!! Very well done. My IG should arrive in January and I’ve already been designing a drawer system. I did one for my 100 series LC and made a removable kennel for my dogs. I do a ton of bird hunting. So much thought that needs to be put into it. I also designed so when the second row is down, it’s completely level, so I can sleep in it and designed the drivers side to flip up to get to the jack ect…..thank you for sharing and inspiring!!

Attachments

• IMG_4821.jpeg
    IMG_4821.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4822.jpeg
    IMG_4822.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4826.jpeg
    IMG_4826.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4829.jpeg
    IMG_4829.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4831.jpeg
    IMG_4831.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 149

rbarsk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
Developed Together:

In the world of vehicle customizations and DIY projects, there is an endless variety of ideas and solutions to make the most of your car. Today, we would like to introduce you to one of these ideas, the result of a creative collaboration between three dedicated minds: @Jaro, @Pavo , and myself (@inky_black ). Together, we have developed our self-made drawer system, which holds an additional surprise - the ability to transform it into a plug-in bed. In this blog post, we would like to present our unique drawer system and share how it can transform your Grenadier into an organized and versatile mobile base for your adventures. Whether you are a passionate traveler who values functionality and comfort or simply seeking an intelligent solution to maximize your vehicle space, our drawer system with the additional plug-in bed option may be an inspiring choice. In this post, we will explore all aspects of our self-made drawer system, from its inception to practical applications. Together, we will delve into the world of this project and discover how it can help turn your Grenadier into a multifunctional, organized, and comfortable environment – precisely what like-minded individuals like you are looking for to make the most of their vehicles.

View attachment 7825914

The image shows our self-made drawer system, located in the trunk or cargo area of the vehicle, immediately behind the second row of seats. The system consists of two pull-out drawers that maximize available space. The drawers are equipped with heavy-duty slides and sturdy frames to securely hold Euro crates. The fronts of the drawers are individually designed and feature the Grenadier logo and "A". The low profile of the system ensures a flat loading surface when the seats are folded down, allowing for versatile use of the vehicle's interior. The drawers can be locked but are easily opened and closed with one hand. The drawer system seamlessly integrates into the vehicle's trunk or cargo area, enabling efficient use of the available space.

View attachment 7825920

View attachment 7825917 View attachment 7825919 View attachment 7825918

Features of Our Self-Made Drawer System:
  • Two pull-out drawers with heavy-duty slides: Our drawer system features two pull-out drawers equipped with heavy-duty slides. These drawers provide ample storage space and are perfect for accommodating Euro crates. The Euro crates come in two different sizes: 400x300x120 mm and 600x400x120 mm.
  • Frames for Euro crates: Each drawer is equipped with a sturdy frame that securely holds Euro crates. The frames have dimensions of 910 x 410 mm, maximizing available space.
  • Flexibility in Euro crate use: Euro crates can be easily inserted and removed at any time and can be exchanged for other Euro boxes as needed, whether for everyday use or camping equipment.
  • Low profile: The drawer system has a height of only 180 mm, ensuring a flat loading surface when the second row of seats is folded down, allowing for versatile use of the vehicle's interior.
  • Individually designed fronts: The fronts of our drawers are individually designed and feature the Grenadier logo and "A", adding a "personal" touch to the system.
  • Easy operation: The drawers can be locked but are easily opened and closed with one hand, enhancing user-friendliness.
  • Adaptation to vehicle contours: Our drawer system is perfectly tailored to the contours of the vehicle's interior in all directions, ensuring that the entire vehicle space remains usable without sacrificing essential vehicle functions. Seats can be folded down, and compartments and covers can be easily accessed.
  • Expandability: Our drawer system offers the option of expansion. You can simply add another structure, the bed setup, which does not compromise any vehicle functions. On the contrary, it provides the opportunity to sleep in the vehicle and makes your car even more versatile.
Our self-made drawer system offers flexibility and opportunities to optimize your vehicle space without compromising on comfort and functionality. It is an intelligent solution for vehicle enthusiasts and adventurers alike.

View attachment 7825926

The image displays our expandable bed setup, placed on top of the drawer system. The bed setup offers a comfortable sleeping option within the vehicle, significantly expanding the vehicle's utility. It is easy to install and does not impact any vehicle functions. The image illustrates how the bed setup creates a flat surface above the drawers, ideal for sleeping. The bed setup is constructed to be robust and stable, providing a comfortable sleeping environment for on-the-go adventures.

View attachment 7825924 View attachment 7825928

Let's Evolve Together:

We hope this post has inspired you and offered insights into how you can transform your Ineos Grenadier into a multifunctional and well-organized mobile base. Our self-made drawer system with the additional plug-in bed option has taken our three Ineos Grenadiers to a new level, and we are delighted to use it daily.
Now, our three Ineos Grenadiers are equipped with this system, and we take pride in incorporating this expansion into our everyday adventures. However, this post is not just for us—it's for the entire Ineos Grenadier community. We look forward to your feedback, comments, and your own experiences with similar projects. Your ideas and suggestions are highly valuable and can assist other enthusiasts in optimizing their Ineos Grenadiers.
Thank you for taking the time to read our post. If you have further questions or would like to reach out personally, please feel free to contact @Pavo or @inky_black . We look forward to hearing from you. We hope this post has encouraged you to embark on your creative projects and explore the versatility of your Ineos Grenadier. Together, we can continue to evolve the world of vehicle customizations and discover exciting new possibilities.
We are already looking forward to receiving feedback and comments from you and other members of our community! Until then, let's continue our shared journey on four wheels with our Ineos Grenadiers. Cheers!
This is exactly what I am looking to do. I have a system in my defender for sporting clays and want to do same in the Grenadier.
Rob B

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The @inky_black approach appeals me most. Simple but versatile.
I use a simple selfmade drawer in D4 since 10 years.

sm_IMG_1761.JPG

No slide assembly, just a 3M Polymer tape as slide runners.
For the IAG it needs to be lighter, other dimensions, and also expandable with a sleeping solution on top.

Has anyone experience with honeycomb panels?
I still like the plywood (multiplex phenolharz). But is it still the best solution?

Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. I currently have a Series 200 LC with a custom Truck Vault with single wide drawer made for it to maximize the storage inside it for my shotguns for bird hunting and as well as fit two medium crates for bird dogs. In addition, the two side spaces between the sides of the box of the truck vault and inside of the truck over the wheel wells provides additional space for recovery gear such as an axe and shovel etc. I love my set up but with wanting to go to a Grenadier I will be losing my tailgate which is a thing for us bird hunters to load dogs and clean them and guns and have sundowners on. Truck Vault makes a 4” deep slide out table that goes below the drawer that can support 250 lbs. They also have the easiest push button combo lock. But the truck vaults are expensive, heavy and thick. If someone can make this arrangement in a lighter aluminum material then I think that it would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_2417.jpeg
    IMG_2417.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3229.jpeg
    IMG_3229.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom