The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Local Area Thread Radio Problem

greg_the_grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Hi there!

We have already driven about 14000km with our Grenadier and are actually very satisfied. So far, only two things bother us particularly badly: the heating and the radio.

The radio sometimes becomes independent at FM. It starts a channel search, which runs backwards.
In addition, it sometimes stops with FM.
The names of some stations are not displayed or displayed incorrectly.

If a transmitter cannot be received, the error "8D" or "9D" is displayed. Then I have to start a channel search that doesn't always solve the problem.

DAB usually runs. Sometimes there is no reception and the error message "8D" appears again. Then I have to start a channel search again.

The tiles (at FM and DAB) are constantly empty. After the transmitter has been selected, the tile changes and shows the logo of the transmitter.

Does anyone else have similar problems and were able to solve them?

Greetings,
Greg

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there!

We have already driven about 14000km with our Grenadier and are actually very satisfied. So far, only two things bother us particularly badly: the heating and the radio.

The radio sometimes becomes independent at FM. It starts a channel search, which runs backwards.
In addition, it sometimes stops with FM.
The names of some stations are not displayed or displayed incorrectly.

If a transmitter cannot be received, the error "8D" or "9D" is displayed. Then I have to start a channel search that doesn't always solve the problem.

DAB usually runs. Sometimes there is no reception and the error message "8D" appears again. Then I have to start a channel search again.

The tiles (at FM and DAB) are constantly empty. After the transmitter has been selected, the tile changes and shows the logo of the transmitter.

Does anyone else have similar problems and were able to solve them?

Greetings,
Greg
Yes- same story here! The tiles do not show anything and the sound of the selcted station is randomly interrupped for a second or so. Nothing that is dramaticly- but it sucks….

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes- same story here! The tiles do not show anything and the sound of the selcted station is randomly interrupped for a second or so. Nothing that is dramaticly- but it sucks….
I have the same experience...not always, but every now and then short interruptions

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the same experience...not always, but every now and then short interruptions
Yes I noticed that too in areas of low reception with DAB. FM I never use.. The station call sign / logo appears after a few secs once the station is selected. The radio does not store the logos but reads it from data stream.

greg_the_grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes the radio switches between mono and stereo. This is also very annoying, especially on longer distances.
I wonder if these problems are more due to the software or to the antennas. You could change the hardware, but you would need an update for the software.

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Greg,
it seems that you're driving my Volvo XC60 MY19. From time to time no tiles, stops playing and it doesn't matter if it's DAB+ or FM :rolleyes:. In a way I'm used to it now and looking forward to the Gren experience.😅

greg_the_grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Es ist keine Pflicht, auf englisch zu schreiben. Aber damit wird die Reichweite erhöht und es melden sich evtl. weitere die zufällig auf dieses Thema gestoßen sind.

Grüße

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Und so wie ich im englischen Teil tw mit Übersetzer arbeiten muß können sie es auch im deutschen Teil tun.

Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
I have decent DAB reception however I only get the generic antenna logo on every station and not the actual station logo (that I get on every other vehicle). Also it only stores 5 channels and I can’t find a way to list all the channels?
Any idea?

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Und so wie ich im englischen Teil tw mit Übersetzer arbeiten muß können sie es auch im deutschen Teil tun.
Moin, ich verstehe die ganze Aufregung wegen deutsch oder englisch nicht. Es nennt sich D-A-CH, und die Schweiz ist vierprachig. Sollen etwa alle nicht deutschsprachigen Schweizer sich ein anderes Forum suchen? Das wäre sicher nicht im Sinne von D-A-CH. Chacun à son goût, n'est-ce pas?

Hi, I don't understand all the fuss about German or English. It's called D-A-CH, and Switzerland is quadrilingual. Should all non-German-speaking Swiss people look for another forum? That would definitely not be in the interests of D-A-CH.Chacun à son goût, n'est-ce pas?

EDIT: Das wäre sicher nicht im Sinne von D-A-CH. That would definitely not be in the interests of D-A-CH.

Last edited:

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Toleranz, wir respektieren und ergänzen uns, haben Freude am Austausch und helfen einander. Der Grenadier, ein Fahrzeug das zum Entdecken der Welt und anderen Kulturen einlädt.

SiMsound

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I´ve heard from our Grenadier dealer (Becker + Tiemann Wunstorf Germany) that there is some trouble with the DAB+ reception but they don´t what is the problem. If we get a Grenadier (we are also located in Wunstorf) we can make a check what is the problem. Antenna and or the radio itself.

Wolf68

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I took delivery of my Grenadier MY24 on Feb 24th and they have taken out the DAB in the radio altogether! So now I only have FM/AM, which is not quite what you want nowadays. According to my dealer it may get restored with the next software update.

We‘ll see…

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have had the same problems since the beginning. The worm is probably in it in several places.
After a tip from my dealer, I discovered that the ground connection of the antenna is mounted above the paintwork and is therefore not receiving a proper ground. Since I have solved the problem, some stations are also delivered during the DAB station run.
The other problem is probably to be found in the software. I can find stations and save them (5), but when I change stations, the whole thing is blocked again and strange error messages appear.

However, I fully understand the problem. There have only been radios in cars since 2023! (Irony off).

greets, Markus

Reactions: IGL

SiMsound

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
We have a Grenadier acutally in our shop (for valdating a plug and play soundsystem). After driving my DAB test route I can say the Grenadier received DAB like all other cars.
The reception is good and there is no problem. When we have a bit time we can check the antenna amplitude.

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We have a Grenadier acutally in our shop (for valdating a plug and play soundsystem). After driving my DAB test route I can say the Grenadier received DAB like all other cars.
The reception is good and there is no problem. When we have a bit time we can check the antenna amplitude.

Hi SiMsound

What kind of plug-and-play sound system are you testing ?

I have now driven 20000 km with the Grenadier and am extremely happy with it. The only thing that really annoys me is the DAB+/FM radio.

It seems that INEOS still has no solution to the problems. Of course it's not vital, but it would be nice to be able to listen to music in the usual way.

Back
Top Bottom