The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Passenger Air Bag Setting

ealshamsi

Eisa ALSHAMSI
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Hi there,
I discovered that the passenger airbag had been turned off, so I tried to turn it back on, when I went to the setting I found out it had been disabled!
WHY?
Shouldn't we have the choice to activate or disable it?
This is a flaw in the car Safety system. What will happen to the passenger who occupies this seat?

Attachments

• Passenger Air Bag indicator.jpg
    Passenger Air Bag indicator.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Passenger Air Bag setting.jpg
    Passenger Air Bag setting.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 63

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi there,
I discovered that the passenger airbag had been turned off, so I tried to turn it back on, when I went to the setting I found out it had been disabled!
WHY?
Shouldn't we have the choice to activate or disable it?
This is a flaw in the car Safety system. What will happen to the passenger who occupies this seat?
I didn't find yet the correct "procedure", but there is a way to activate it back. I succeeded in doing it, and setting it off again, but I don't remember if it was with contact key in motor off or contact key in motor running, but there is a way to do it!
Ineos should tell us!

ealshamsi

Eisa ALSHAMSI
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't find yet the correct "procedure", but there is a way to activate it back. I succeeded in doing it, and setting it off again, but I don't remember if it was with contact key in motor off or contact key in motor running, but there is a way to do it!
Ineos should tell us!
I already informed Ineos dealer in the UAE about this issue, hopefully, they will solve it.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
I found this works:-
Stationary, in Park, handbrake on, engine running, no foot on the brake pedal, settings - vehicle functions, Passenger Air Bag - adjust slider bar on or off to suit, confirmation message on central screen "hold foot on brake pedal for 3 seconds", and voila.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stationary, in Park, handbrake on, engine running, no foot on the brake pedal, settings - vehicle functions, Passenger Air Bag - adjust slider bar on or off to suit, confirmation message on central screen "hold foot on brake pedal for 3 seconds", and voila.
By the way, my dealer told me already twice that Ineos will release a new user manual. But, when?

[EDITED] I checked my "outdated" manual, and indeed the airbag procedure was explained, but didn't work prior the 1646 software update. Anyway, thanks @Arkaig !

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By the way, my dealer told me already twice that Ineos will release a new user manual. But, when?

[EDITED] I checked my "outdated" manual, and indeed the airbag procedure was explained, but didn't work prior the 1646 software update. Anyway, thanks @Arkaig !
@Jean Mercier Since when did you start to believe anything your dealer told you without double-checking here in the Forum first?

ealshamsi

Eisa ALSHAMSI
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I already informed Ineos dealer in the UAE about this issue, hopefully, they will solve it.
The dealer came back to me with the solution:
In order to toggle the "Passenger Air Bag" function On or Off, do the following:
1. Make sure the Engine is On.
2. Pull the Handbrake on.
3. Go to Settings>Vehicle Functions>Passenger Air Bag Off>.
4. Tuggle the switch to the right (On) or to the left (Off) on the "Passenger Air Bag Off". Then...
5. A pop-up message will appear: "Please press the brake pedal for 3 seconds". Do that, then you'll get...
6. "Operation successful!".

I hope this helps whoever faces this issue.

Eisa

Attachments

• Passenger Air Bag Off_Press brake pedal.jpg
    Passenger Air Bag Off_Press brake pedal.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Passenger Air Bag Off_Successful.jpg
    Passenger Air Bag Off_Successful.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 39
  • Passenger Air Bag Off function On.jpg
    Passenger Air Bag Off function On.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 41

ealshamsi

Eisa ALSHAMSI
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have posted my solution (same yours) before reading yours. But thanks.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, perhaps you could answer a question regarding the „PASSENGER AIR BAG“ overhead display: is this display supposed to be illuminated continuously (all 3 sections)? Or is it supposed to light up only for a short test? Or are only 2 sections supposed to be illuminated when the passenger air bag is turned off?

IMG_8342.jpeg

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if this ability to turn the airbag off the reason why the full software update has not been applied in Australia? I thought I read or heard it was an issue with airbags, fairly sure the ability to turn off the airbag would contravene the ADRs.

ealshamsi

Eisa ALSHAMSI
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, perhaps you could answer a question regarding the „PASSENGER AIR BAG“ overhead display: is this display supposed to be illuminated continuously (all 3 sections)? Or is it supposed to light up only for a short test? Or are only 2 sections supposed to be illuminated when the passenger air bag is turned off?

View attachment 7834032
Hi Maxwell,
No, it shouldn’t illuminate continuously, it is just light up for seconds, either “ON” or “OFF”, depending on the setting.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Maxwell,
No, it shouldn’t illuminate continuously, it is just light up for seconds, either “ON” or “OFF”, depending on the setting.
Thank you. Then, my Grenadier unfortunately has one more fault, as the entire display is continuously illuminated. 🫤

ealshamsi

Eisa ALSHAMSI
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Try doing the following:
2. Pull the Handbrake up.
4. Tuggle the switch to the right (On) or to the left (Off) on the "Passenger Air Bag Off". Then...
5. A pop-up message will appear: "Please press the brake pedal for 3 seconds". Do that, then you'll get "Operation successful!".

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi Maxwell,

I would think that if the passenger airbag were turned off then the
"off" light should be on permanently. It would be a serious liability for Ineos should there be a need for the airbag to deploy but no one knew it was disabled.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Try doing the following:
2. Pull the Handbrake up.
5. A pop-up message will appear: "Please press the brake pedal for 3 seconds". Do that, then you'll get "Operation successful!".
Thanks for posting this, I was hoping to at least turn down the brightness. Unfortunately Passenger Air Bag Off is not listed under Vehicle Functions and dimming the cabin/dash lights has no affect on the passenger airbag light. This is not a huge deal, but would love the option in the future.

Cheers.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
On mine, when starting the vehicle the passenger airbag on/off display initially illuminates really brightly for a while (maybe 30 seconds? Not timed it) then dims down to a slightly-too-bright background level in which the central part remains lit but it bleeds through to both the on and the off portions too. It’s a bit annoyingly ambiguous.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
On mine, when starting the vehicle the passenger airbag on/off display initially illuminates really brightly for a while (maybe 30 seconds? Not timed it) then dims down to a slightly-too-bright background level in which the central part remains lit but it bleeds through to both the on and the off portions too. It’s a bit annoyingly ambiguous.
Thanks for posting this, I was hoping to at least turn down the brightness. Unfortunately Passenger Air Bag Off is not listed under Vehicle Functions and dimming the cabin/dash lights has no affect on the passenger airbag light. This is not a huge deal, but would love the option in the future.

Cheers.
I drove mine from the dealer last night. The passenger air bag light was ridiculously bright the entire ride home (~1.5 hours in the dark). Drivers side was muted and no weight on the passenger seat. Going to try using the seat belt next time to activate the dimmer light

Arat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The dealer came back to me with the solution:
In order to toggle the "Passenger Air Bag" function On or Off, do the following:
2. Pull the Handbrake on.
5. A pop-up message will appear: "Please press the brake pedal for 3 seconds". Do that, then you'll get...
6. "Operation successful!".

I hope this helps whoever faces this issue.

Eisa
Took delivery Dec 2023, Passenger air bag sign stays on very bright (does not dim) an under Vehicle Functions i do not have any option for Passenger air bag, it goes
Vehicle information
Speed Warning
Daytime running light
Trip information (and so on....)

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Took delivery Dec 2023, Passenger air bag sign stays on very bright (does not dim) an under Vehicle Functions i do not have any option for Passenger air bag, it goes
Vehicle information
Speed Warning
Daytime running light
Trip information (and so on....)
Mine is the same. The airbag is off until a certain weight (not seatbelt activated). My sign's not bright though. It's pretty reasonable. Maybe a 3 on a scale of 10 at night.

Back
Top Bottom