The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electrical Gremlins on new delivery

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
So are you suggesting not waiting for the driver console to go off and just go for it?
Yes, in one go turn the key and start the engine.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Well that's a new exciting experience - will try tomorrow! Usually on diesels I have waited to start for the glow plugs.
Yes, that used to be the case. My Disco 4, like many others, is started with the push of a button. If the engine needs time to preheat (e.g. in winter), it starts automatically with a time delay.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
It could be that at the end of August we might get the software update we've been waiting for.
The only problem could be to find a volunteer to be the first guinea pig. :unsure:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
So I had a chat yesterday to one of the first owners of a Grenadier in AU regarding the warnings and gremelins that plague some vehicles, the solution he found was to turn the key to the first position with the foot on the brake then release the brake and then turn the key to start the car with foot on brake again, says it works 100% of the time

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
So I had a chat yesterday to one of the first owners of a Grenadier in AU regarding the warnings and gremelins that plague some vehicles, the solution he found was to turn the key to the first position with the foot on the brake then release the brake and then turn the key to start the car, says it works 100% of the time
It's shame that my vehicle will have had the software upgrade prior to delivery , and I will have missed out on the bingybongy experience , to be described in future books thus: "a feature of the early Grenadiers was..."

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
So I had a chat yesterday to one of the first owners of a Grenadier in AU regarding the warnings and gremelins that plague some vehicles, the solution he found was to turn the key to the first position with the foot on the brake then release the brake and then turn the key to start the car, says it works 100% of the time
I assume you mean to put your foot back on the brake to start, car won’t start without foot on the brake.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
It's shame that my vehicle will have had the software upgrade prior to delivery , and I will have missed out on the bingybongy experience , to be described in future books thus: "a feature of the early Grenadiers was..."
Yes, Mine should hopefully have the same feature as yours 🤞

Back
Top Bottom