The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electrical Gremlins on new delivery

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sensors mounted into metal bumpers are also notoriously buggy. Something to do with magnetic interference.
Is there a mute button most cars can be muted im sure

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sensors mounted into metal bumpers are also notoriously buggy. Something to do with magnetic interference.
If only we were lucky enough to get metal bumpers then I'd happily suffer the magnetic interference. 😉

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If only we were lucky enough to get metal bumpers then I'd happily suffer the magnetic interference. 😉
Rear is metal isn't it?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm going to say no...but happy to be corrected by an owner with a magnet.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there anybody out there who has their Grenadier, has put some mileage on AND has not had a single build quality/electrical issue?

Me - I've had my Gren for just about a week, run-in and some 1,200 miles later, happy to report being bug-free of build quality or electrical issues.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know if those vehicles with annoying niggles (let’s be optimistic and call them that- after all they will be sorted in the fullness of time) are just the first made batch that have sat around since the beginning of the year, and if any recently made ones are also experiencing similar gremlins.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know if those vehicles with annoying niggles (let’s be optimistic and call them that- after all they will be sorted in the fullness of time) are just the first made batch that have sat around since the beginning of the year, and if any recently made ones are also experiencing similar gremlins.
Maybe but unlikely - having a fully set-up new car parked for 2/3 months wouldn't normally trigger electrical/software malfunctions

It seems to me that these cars need another software update maybe because the first one wasn't completed properly

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe but unlikely - having a fully set-up new car parked for 2/3 months wouldn't normally trigger electrical/software malfunctions
Some were built in early January or possibly even earlier, so it's maybe 3/4 months, which I think might be long enough to trigger voltage issues in a modern vehicle, where not all systems switch off completely when you turn the ignition off.

Sebastian

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some were built in early January or possibly even earlier, so it's maybe 3/4 months, which I think might be long enough to trigger voltage issues in a modern vehicle, where not all systems switch off completely when you turn the ignition off.
Absolutely. My friend has a new MB G wagon parked in the garage (31 km on the odometer), battery was down after 6 weeks of standing.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Absolutely. My friend has a new MB G wagon parked in the garage (31 km on the odometer), battery was down after 6 weeks of standing.
When my mate picked up his new jeep wrangler, it threw all sorts of codes on the way home. Ended up being start stop battery.

The shipping from USA to Europe then UK takes a few months, which is enough with these new vehicles to drop it.

Replaced that and its been fine for 2 years

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
People are referring to a software update as if it's going to be some universeal panacea.

It reminds me of the type of things service advisors would quote you "it probably just needs a software update" when you take it in for a door that doesn't close properly.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention after Sundays trip was that by luck I did come across the battery charge level in the menu. I don’t know if it applied to both the batteries in my trialmaster, but it was showing 87%. (Now 92 %)
I normally turn the stop start off as well, but it is working just fine so I recon the batteries are ok.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Great thing for an 4x4 if dirt causes that...
Not if you're in the desert!
But the city or forest , maybe. If your neck is non functional ;)

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I normally turn the stop start off as well
Does the start stop need turning off every time you fire up the Grenadier or is it off until otherwise re-selected? I have to switch it off every time in my Audi but a family member has exactly the same model of vehicle, in which it remains off permanently unless otherwise selected.

Back
Top Bottom