The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electrical Gremlins on new delivery

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
Does the start stop need turning off every time you fire up the Grenadier or is it off until otherwise re-selected? I have to switch it off every time in my Audi but a family member has exactly the same model of vehicle, in which it remains off permanently unless otherwise selected.
Mine remains off all the time, because it is knacked.

Incidentally for 6 years my routine was, when I got in the car I started the engine and then pressed the "stop/start" off. After 6years (because I was going to sell the car) I decided to leave "stop/start" on; that's when I noticed it was not working. 6 years of my life ruined.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
Does the start stop need turning off every time you fire up the Grenadier or is it off until otherwise re-selected? I have to switch it off every time in my Audi but a family member has exactly the same model of vehicle, in which it remains off permanently unless otherwise selected.
I asked and was told it always defaults to on
So that switch will be getting some work

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Stu, if I started on the whisky I might not stop:p
Tom, no I haven't tried the hard update route as Ineos know its a software program problem.
Update. Just been back to the truck and started it up. Their bag warning has gone for the time being, however it has been replaced by The electrical Power Steering has failed!
With clear indication it is not safe to drive. I don't think there is a problem with the steering, just the software, but I am not going through the wailing alarm situation again so it will stay on the drive till they fix it,:mad:
Have yopu had any success in eliminating the problem? Hopefully, you got the dealer involved before trying any "home brew" fixes (with the exception of putting the vehicle on a battery charger overnight!)

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Every time you start up mate.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perfect trip this morning. Not a single glitch. Even the rear proximity sensor behaved. Interesting that battery is at its highest it's ever been at 96%

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perfect trip this morning. Not a single glitch. Even the rear proximity sensor behaved. Interesting that battery is at its highest it's ever been at 96%
If that smart alternator is working as I understand it should then that’s where abouts the battery level should be at after a good run 👍🏼

Reactions: JOB

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention after Sundays trip was that by luck I did come across the battery charge level in the menu. I don’t know if it applied to both the batteries in my trialmaster, but it was showing 87%. (Now 92 %)
I'd say it's only the starter battery as it needs to apply to vehicles without the aux battery. To get a percentage readout there must be a basic shunt on the starter somewhere to measure the amps in & out. I would still be throwing a charger on the battery every month or two to fully charge to float to clear any sulphation build up on the plates. The alternator will not get it to 100% (float) no matter what the readout tells you.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just a heads up that we have started a poll for people who have taken delivery to record how their vehicle is in a general sense. Hopefully we can get everyone who has taken delivery to respond so we get a clearer picture of how many vehicles have issues and how major or minor they are. The poll is ongoing so people can continue to respond as they receive their vehicles into the future.

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I love my Grenny it looks and drives great.

I have had loads of random warning messages but none serious, the messages stopped about a week ago and somehow it has self-healed and most journeys now are glitch free. Who wants boring anyway- I even like the steering now!

It will all get resolved a few software updates down the line, the thing I don't understand is why they didn't give a few test vehicles out to real world people as the minor problems and issues would be been spotted early doors and fixed ?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love my Grenny it looks and drives great.

I have had loads of random warning messages but none serious, the messages stopped about a week ago and somehow it has self-healed and most journeys now are glitch free. Who wants boring anyway- I even like the steering now!

It will all get resolved a few software updates down the line, the thing I don't understand is why they didn't give a few test vehicles out to real world people as the minor problems and issues would be been spotted early doors and fixed ?
PTO2 and PT03s weren't homologated and could only be driven on UK roads by Ineos employees and personel approved by DVSA

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
I’m having major software and infotainment issues. So many warnings. Seat belt warnings even when people are not in the vehicle. Pdc errors, Transmission errors etc. Seems HQ know about it all and it’s software but super frustrated. Also the speedo just decided to switch sides one night.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
I’m having major software and infotainment issues. So many warnings. Seat belt warnings even when people are not in the vehicle. Pdc errors, Transmission errors etc. Seems HQ know about it all and it’s software but super frustrated. Also the speedo just decided to switch sides one night.
It could be that at the end of August we might get the software update we've been waiting for.
The chances are not bad.
When you turn the key, do it in one go until the engine starts. Then there should be fewer or possibly no errors at all.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It could be that at the end of August we might get the software update we've been waiting for.
The chances are not bad.
When you turn the key, do it in one go until the engine starts. Then there should be fewer or possibly no errors at all.
So are you suggesting not waiting for the driver console to go off and just go for it?

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well that's a new exciting experience - will try tomorrow! Usually on diesels I have waited to start for the glow plugs.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well that's a new exciting experience - will try tomorrow! Usually on diesels I have waited to start for the glow plugs.
Yes agreed on waiting for glow plugs with the diesel. I’m goggle eyed sifting through the manual 😳. Maybe you could confirm what I read 👍🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes agreed on writing for glow plugs with the diesel. I’m goggle eyed sifting through the manual 😳. Maybe you could confirm what I read 👍🏼
I have done both ways in my Diesel Grenadier. Doesn’t seem to make much difference to the sporadic warnings I get. Fortunately I am not plagued with warnings and they have actually reduced with the miles done.

Back
Top Bottom