The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electrical Gremlins on new delivery

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Stu.
Let me be the first !
Set off today for a trip to the seaside, first time in the car with the wife and dogs.
During the first 40 miles nearly every warning possible came up on the dash!
The apple phone connection continually disconnected, tried resetting etc all to no avail.
Worst, the passenger air bag system became faulty and a constant, loud, high pitched warning siren playing!!
Found warning on scree, would not clear. Tried all ignition off, every one out, lock it up etc, still continued to wail!
Parked up in a field, took dogs for a walk, still wailing.
Turned round and drove 50 miles home, wailing all the way!
Parked on drive, wife said this thing is not fit for delivery, or driving on the road, there's no way I'm getting in this heap of shit again till its fixed. She never swears!
As far as I can see the fuse, if I take it out, disconnect's the airbag system, with all the implications that entails.
Any suggestions greatly received.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
That’s sad to hear. Hopefully it’s something really simple. Fingers crossed.

In the mean time.

1 invite your wife to go to a spa for the day.
2 get a code reader and see what the Grenadier is telling you behind the scenes.
3 time to pick up the bat phone to your agent.
4 buy some flowers for your wife.
5 pour yourself a large whiskey. (Can exchange for point 1 if felt necessary)

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset? To do this disconnect the battery and touch the two leads, positive and negative together. This drains all the capacitors in the system.
Before you do however its worth reading the manual to check that it won’t trigger the immobiliser.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Stu, if I started on the whisky I might not stop:p
Tom, no I haven't tried the hard update route as Ineos know its a software program problem.
Update. Just been back to the truck and started it up. Their bag warning has gone for the time being, however it has been replaced by The electrical Power Steering has failed!
With clear indication it is not safe to drive. I don't think there is a problem with the steering, just the software, but I am not going through the wailing alarm situation again so it will stay on the drive till they fix it,:mad:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Stu, if I started on the whisky I might not stop:p
Tom, no I haven't tried the hard update route as Ineos know its a software program problem.
Update. Just been back to the truck and started it up. Their bag warning has gone for the time being, however it has been replaced by The electrical Power Steering has failed!
With clear indication it is not safe to drive. I don't think there is a problem with the steering, just the software, but I am not going through the wailing alarm situation again so it will stay on the drive till they fix it,:mad:
Very annoying, especially after that long wait. Hope you can get it resolved ASAP mate

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mmmmm. This does all seem to be a software issue rather than mechincal. My reverse parking sensor which has beeped constantly when reversing since Friday, this evening behaved perfectly. What changed? No idea!

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Admittedly, this all sounds pretty ugly, but solvable. I would (and will) be upset if I got my Greny like this. Hope our German friend in Morocco doesn't have to wear earplugs. If there were a shitty electronic message, I would personally lose my nerve very quickly. Maybe I'll give the Greny deb a name: „Little Sensitive“

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
phone dealer tell them to come and get it and bring you a courtesy car until its fixed
If it was the dealer that sold it to you I'm sure they would, but surely it is down to Ineos as the seller and customer service is not there strongest point

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Absolutely, the car is unusable at the moment.
From what I can gather on this forum maybe Ineos should have put their hands up and admitted they are not ready for handovers yet as software issues need attending to. Instead they’ve asked for final payments for a vehicle that isn’t ready yet. Or maybe we are just hearing from a few people that have issues and the vast majority of people have no issues and are far too busy having fun in their new Grenadier that they have no time to post about the most amazing fault free Grenadier? I really hope the later is true !

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If it was the dealer that sold it to you I'm sure they would, but surely it is down to Ineos as the seller and customer service is not there strongest point
And that's absolutely the weakest point in this chain at the moment.

Hopefully, there's a whole number of bods in the aftersales, warranty, field service engineer roles who have been sitting on their hands for the last few months and are now eager to engage gear and setoff to sort these issues.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset? To do this disconnect the battery and touch the two leads, positive and negative together. This drains all the capacitors in the system.
Before you do however its worth reading the manual to check that it won’t trigger the immobiliser.
Before you do anything like this, I'd want to be certain that I wasn't adding to the issues...

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The build quality is exceptional. Everyone who has prodded and poked mine has had a 'wow' reaction.

Sure there are a few minor niggles. The door sill protectors are too small resulting in paint scuffs/chips being one. This wont be difficult to remedy. I have only experienced one ongoing gremlin with a rear proximity sensor - a minor thing really.

I am thrilled with the car. I itch to find any excuse to take it for a spin. I made the right decision to buy it. And I am happy to invest some energy in pushing INEOS to get to the finish line with the remaining gremlins.

Back
Top Bottom