The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Passenger airbag

Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone successfully turned passenger air bag off?
In the manual it says to do it through the infotainment but can’t find it.

Thank you,

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Sometimes required for proper installation of forward-facing baby seats depending on their design approval. Other than that, it should always be on!
Not allowed to put baby capsules/child seats in the front unless it is a two front seat only vehicle.
At least in Australia that is.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
I think same in US. And TBH, legality aside, not sure I would regardless.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
You are correct, no baby seat or child in front seat until they are 13. Safety measures will not protect them. I have friend who is 4'10 and is 106 pounds. Back in the day she would to have turn off the passenger airbag when in car. Newer systems are much better suited for short people.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not allowed to put baby capsules/child seats in the front unless it is a two front seat only vehicle.
Not applicable in UK and @trobex is correct passenger seat bag must be turned off.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thank you,
Some makes of car (older and my Discovery 4) have a place to insert the ignition key in the side facia moulding when the door is open to disengage the passenger airbag

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Not applicable in UK and @trobex is correct passenger seat bag must be turned off.
UK law seems a bit confusing to me.
It seems to say that you can only put a child seat in the front if there are already two child seats in the rear and the third one won't fit.
You can only turn off the airbag if you are using a rearward facing baby capsule.
Not a child seat.

1688233091795.png

Local time
Reaction score
Why would you want to turn the passenger airbag off?
Don't like the
Hi All,

Thank you,
That option, and the switching off of DRLs are currently absent from the 'VEHICLE FUNCTIONS' menu as described in the Owner's Manual.

More here:
Thank you. Is currently missing in vehicle functions screen. Maybe will appear in the next software update.

Local time
Reaction score
You are correct, no baby seat or child in front seat until they are 13. Safety measures will not protect them. I have friend who is 4'10 and is 106 pounds. Back in the day she would to have turn off the passenger airbag when in car. Newer systems are much better suited for short people.
Thank you. I’m in UK not US. I don’t need the function as don’t need to put an extra kids seat in the front. I was just curious as manual tells you how to do it but option doesn’t appear on the screen

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is correct, except when they are 4 years of age and can be put into a booster. Booster does not require tether or isofix.
I just bought a little DMAX 1.9L Diesel (to replace my AGING Triton - and for the AC!) and it's a single cab, which I am having modified Tuesday coming to put a compliant anchor point in for a forward-facing harnessed seat (8m-8yr old). The seat I have chosen allows the airbag to remain on which was a caveat on my purchase (tether + harness + airbag) to protect my kid.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you. Is currently missing in vehicle functions screen. Maybe will appear in the next software update.
Yes ~ @CountyV8 has already shown what looks like new screens on new vehicles hitting the agent's showroom (I assume that's where he was?).

Back
Top Bottom