The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Get rid of the turning wheel in the middle console

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
ineos_grenadier_utility_wagon_blue_2024__interior__007.jpg

I never use the turning wheel in the middle console. Do you? Is there no better use for the real estate it occupies? @Matt G. has shown us here how to take it out. Looks like it could be unplugged and removed. Would the infotainment system still work without it? Could be. A proper inductive charging phone cradle would be my first idea to put there. (A jack in the box is my second. Equally useful as the original turning wheel but would make for some funny moments in life. But that's just me) What would you put there?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
It’s (the wheel) a good idea - works well in a bmw and because it works well it gets used a lot.
It’s just not very intuitive in the ineos and I find the whole infotainment system cluncky and not particularly user friendly.
Maybe there’s a course I could enroll in.

To be honest I hope Ineos doesn’t waste its time on things like the infotainment wheel, and works on improving the basics, like plastic in the rear that doesn’t scratch to buggery if you drop a feather on it.

But as I told my daughter yesterday, don’t sweat the small stuff.

Last edited:

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7851989

I never use the turning wheel in the middle console. Do you? Is there no better use for the real estate it occupies? @Matt G. has shown us here how to take it out. Looks like it could be unplugged and removed. Would the infotainment system still work without it? Could be. A proper inductive charging phone cradle would be my first idea to put there. (A jack in the box is my second. Equally useful as the original turning wheel but would make for some funny moments in life. But that's just me) What would you put there?
Can’t say I agree. I frequently use it and it provides an excellent alternative to using the touch screen when hands are dirty or gloved.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Nobody has suggested a bait box

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
Can’t say I agree. I frequently use it and it provides an excellent alternative to using the touch screen when hands are dirty or gloved.
I would like to learn more about how the ‘wheel’ works, especially if it allows me more time to keep my eyes on the road (and make all those frequent steering corrections).

Reactions: ddv

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Somehow I pictured you with one of these Tassieman.
Although I thought you would have gone with the green one with the translucent lid
I think a fully tactical one could incorporate many snacks and bait and tackle
This is where my fantasy takes me:

tack.jpg

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think a fully tactical one could incorporate many snacks and bait and tackle
This is where my fantasy takes me:

View attachment 7852005

Don’t scoff at that idea.
We’ve been using clear plastic single layer tackle boxes (like the pic) for snack boxes for years up the beach at Fraser for afternoon nibbles.

Attachments

• IMG_5739.jpg
    IMG_5739.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
has someone tried out what happens when you unplug that joywheel? chocolate fountain would be a serious upgrade. thanks for that input. lift, bigger rubbers, underbody protection, chocolate fountain,… offroading essentials

Back
Top Bottom