The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Onboard GPS / Pathfinder

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
The seems to be one reference in the user manual to onboard GPS briefly mentioned with the eCall (Emergency Call) system.

This to me looks like as though there might be a full reliance on bringing your own.

If I am not mistaken the touted approach to navigation in urban / sub-urban is reliance on Google Maps over (Car Play / Android Car).

When loading up a gpx route on Pathfinder is the onboard GPS used?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
Pathfinder uses the onboard GPS antenna (as does CarPlay), but there is no mapping. Pathfinder is more akin to very old Garmins that guided you simply with an arrow

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pathfinder uses the onboard GPS antenna (as does CarPlay), but there is no mapping. Pathfinder is more akin to very old Garmins that guided you simply with an arrow
Interesting. I see no evidence of a GPS antenna on the vehicle nor mention in the User Manual.

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
Interesting. I see no evidence of a GPS antenna on the vehicle nor mention in the User Manual.
There is one somewhere, I've recorded paths and exported them. Also imported them. Key point is for it to work they have to be way points not routes or tracks

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is one somewhere, I've recorded paths and exported them. Also imported them. Key point is for it to work they have to be way points not routes or tracks

Must be somewhere in that case. Kind of odd its not at all mentioned in the manual.
Thanks @anand for bringing to attention the fact that CarPlay uses onboard rather than iPhone GPS - now that I’ve looked in to this a bit more this seems to be something that’s baked in to the CarPlay protocol.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
I must admit, I'm completely bamboozled by the Pathfinder and the need to import Google maps etc on an Android auto which I cannot for the life of me get to function properly ---it keep dropping out. I used to use a redundant Win95 powered laptop with an external magnetic mount GPS antenna connected via a RS232 serial port and plot courses using the Geoscience Australia maps as well as the HEMA maps. suddenly that's all old hat.
I'd be very grateful for a reference to "GPS mapping for dummies":rolleyes: and importing/exporting GPX files with Pathfinder

with due respect to Stu and the post https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/faq-gpx-files-and-viewer-pathfinder-ready.12411232/
I'm still bamboozled....

Back
Top Bottom