The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd Party Navigation Systems and Apps

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
so the ineos gps does not have a

so the ineos gps does not have a speed warning.

what app do you recommend for apple?
I am on android and use Google Maps, wifey thinks that Google Maps on android gives notification of speed cameras. Could be wrong, in which case someone will correct me. To be honest at the present not taking a lot of notice because the cars we are using have sat nav so very rarely use Google maps. And I am not authorised to disagree with the wife.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
I am on android and use Google Maps, wifey thinks that Google Maps on android gives notification of speed cameras. Could be wrong, in which case someone will correct me. To be honest at the present not taking a lot of notice because the cars we are using have sat nav so very rarely use Google maps. And I am not authorised to disagree with the wife.
Google Maps on Android does give warnings but only visual (on mine at least but this could be just the way my settings are)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it could be a Google thing. Whilst riding my motorcycle I tend to use google via my iphone. I sometimes seem to get speed warnings. Haven't yet taken the time to see which settings make it happen.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
so the ineos gps does not have a speed warning.

what app do you recommend for apple?
Don’t know if it is available everywhere but Waze is excellent here. It gives speed limits and warnings. It is also a user report system so it can alert you to real time road hazards, police, soeed cameras and traffic information

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t know if it is available everywhere but Waze is excellent here. It gives speed limits and warnings. It is also a user report system so it can alert you to real time road hazards, police, soeed cameras and traffic information
Waze is available in the UK but I don't think it is as popular as Google Maps, despite being owned by Google, although its us is increasing. Probably because it is seen as "the new kid on the block"

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
In the US, Apple CarPlay gives an alert of speed cameras BUT only when you have a navigation route turned on.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Google Maps radar alert only with android 😩

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
+1 for Waze. We use it 100% of the time we're driving. Near instant re-routing in case of a traffic crash or other detour is priceless.

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Waze over Google Maps although the mapping is not as polished and busier IMO. You get speed warning and object ahead warning, stopped vehicle, accidents, speed of slowed traffic, police warning - all crowd sourced. Users can enter new info or confirm warnings are still current. The software needs refining though, way too distracting to input or confirm warnings. Smash repairers love these apps. ;)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve used Sygic (paid app) for years. Alterts are there when you have mobile service coverage. But not reliant on internet coverage to operate as maps are downloaded and updated regularly.
You can also download maps for other countries so it’s handy to navigate when traveling and I haven’t got mobile coverage whilst overseas. I used it a few years ago when we traveled the Baltic states and it was very handy.

Offroad - Hema Maps.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve used Sygic (paid app) for years. Alterts are there when you have mobile service coverage. But not reliant on internet coverage to operate as maps are downloaded and updated regularly.
You can also download maps for other countries so it’s handy to navigate when traveling and I haven’t got mobile coverage whilst overseas. I used it a few years ago when we traveled the Baltic states and it was very handy.

Offroad - Hema Maps.
I don't need any of them. My wife is in the passenger seat and she always tells me where to go.

Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
Hmmmm….. we’ve tried Waze multiple times and keep deleting it as it’s right royally screwed us up on the simplest of journeys. Google maps as much as I hate to admit in our opinion definitely better and very accurate.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmmm….. we’ve tried Waze multiple times and keep deleting it as it’s right royally screwed us up on the simplest of journeys. Google maps as much as I hate to admit in our opinion definitely better and very accurate.
Waze is a google product now (they bought it in 2013, its mapping runs on google maps, It used to be flaky on my old phone but on my pixel 6pro its brilliant. Love the police warnings and you can set an alert if you are x mph over the speed limit or a %. very handy and in my old landrover its also my speedo. :)

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
thanks to all, i bought a saphe mini drive.

Meanwhile I install it in the bike to see how it works.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
thanks to all, i bought a saphe mini drive.

Meanwhile I install it in the bike to see how it works.
Are they legal in Italy? I remember years ago the French banned the use of car speed radar detection stuff. But then sat nav really took off in most cars leaving the government with a dilemma

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
Waze is good for the daily commute for police reporting, but I've found that Apple Maps better for actual navigation, then google maps with Waze sometimes doing goofy things. I think Waze just finds the shortest distance without taking into account actual roads, whereas apple and google seems smarter.

Back
Top Bottom