The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

North American Grenadier Issues?

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
I pick up my gren this friday from the High Point, NC dealer. Has anyone had any issues with the North american vehicles?
Software update needed, loose door seals, antifreeze leak in footwell, other issues etc?

Are there any recommendations to look for specific things at pick up?

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Knocking on wood right now but I haven't had issues or leaks.

One thing to look for is excess lubricant (maybe a packing grease?) on the bottom of the doors including the rear barn doors. Maybe additional lubricant or temporary corrosion protection for shipping. Quickly wiped up on my delivery inspection.

Quick scroll through the menus should give you a software version number - Not planning to see an update there until the tow lighting issue is fixed.

Also ask the dealer to help set Favorite button to ADAS Speed alarm.

Got Coffee?

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I still have an issue where the rear doors are closed however, the vehicle indicates that they are open. Because of this I am unable to lock any of the doors and each time I hit a bump I get a loud bong sound reminding me that the doors are 'open'.

I have a call out to the dealer to seek a resolution.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Knock on wood I haven’t noticed anything of concern. We had a good rain the other and I checked the Safari windows for any issues, none. Doors close solid, rear doors solid, electronics good.

Things that I hope change are the drone around 65-70mph and the ADAS (using the favorites hack).

Got Coffee?

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I still have an issue where the rear doors are closed however, the vehicle indicates that they are open. Because of this I am unable to lock any of the doors and each time I hit a bump I get a loud bong sound reminding me that the doors are 'open'.

Determined the issue after searching the forum for hours. Seems like because the door seals are so new that when I was closing the rear doors it was creating some back pressure which did not allow the doors to fully close. Solution, open a window or side door and slam the hell out of the rear doors.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score

Determined the issue after searching the forum for hours. Seems like because the door seals are so new that when I was closing the rear doors it was creating some back pressure which did not allow the doors to fully close. Solution, open a window or side door and slam the hell out of the rear doors.
Ah, see you got that sorted out. Had the same happen, while parked. I noticed the rear door had a tiny bit of play (3mm may be). Gave the smaller door a bit of a shove thinking "may be just needs a nudge". The infotainment showed both rear ajar. Got out, walked around back, opened both and gave a good ol SLAM! No more warning.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Ah, see you got that sorted out. Had the same happen, while parked. I noticed the rear door had a tiny bit of play (3mm may be). Gave the smaller door a bit of a shove thinking "may be just needs a nudge". The infotainment showed both rear ajar. Got out, walked around back, opened both and gave a good ol SLAM! No more warning.
I hope that doesn't last. I prefer to close doors gently.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These bank vault doors need a solid thud to close.

My neighbors think I'm angry...
Same same with our '22 Sprinter, to close the sliding door with anything shy of a harsh slam requires another door to be open

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same same with our '22 Sprinter, to close the sliding door with anything shy of a harsh slam requires another door to be open
I ordered the automatic sliding door closing for our Sprinter so that I don't disturb the neighbours. In case someone spends the night next to us.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone recall seeing a thread about how to improve the alignment of the fuel doors? I swear I saw one somewhere but can't seem to find it again.

Dagger22

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone recall seeing a thread about how to improve the alignment of the fuel doors? I swear I saw one somewhere but can't seem to find it again.

Was it this post?

am29

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got the lottery ticket of "power steering failure". Picked up my car 2 weeks ago. Everything seemed normal, after few drives 20 min on the freeway, started to notice resistance in steering while trying to turn steering wheel to the right during parking, turning to the left was fine. Not being a car mechanic, some obvious issues might elude me. I thought I might be to too close to the curb and that's the reason. Took the car again for a drive, everything seemed normal when I started driving, drove 20 minutes on the freeway, came home to park, same thing, almost impossible to turn the steering wheel while the car is not moving and again, just right side. I realized it's a problem, so it was late at night I felt ok testing it at low speeds in the neighborhood. I went at low speed and making right turn was impossible, I had to stop reverse and continue. After doing some research I landed on "power steering liquid might be low". When I checked mine it was at min. So I went ahead and bought power steering fluid CHF11s, added few ml, so I could make it to the dealership. Contacted dealer, and they told me to bring the car in. Drove to the dealership. Parked the car, they told me to re-park it at the service area and problem with the power steering happened again while I was trying to make a left turn this time. Now, I am carless, waiting for the dealership to contact me.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got the lottery ticket of "power steering failure". Picked up my car 2 weeks ago. Everything seemed normal, after few drives 20 min on the freeway, started to notice resistance in steering while trying to turn steering wheel to the right during parking, turning to the left was fine. Not being a car mechanic, some obvious issues might elude me. I thought I might be to too close to the curb and that's the reason. Took the car again for a drive, everything seemed normal when I started driving, drove 20 minutes on the freeway, came home to park, same thing, almost impossible to turn the steering wheel while the car is not moving and again, just right side. I realized it's a problem, so it was late at night I felt ok testing it at low speeds in the neighborhood. I went at low speed and making right turn was impossible, I had to stop reverse and continue. After doing some research I landed on "power steering liquid might be low". When I checked mine it was at min. So I went ahead and bought power steering fluid CHF11s, added few ml, so I could make it to the dealership. Contacted dealer, and they told me to bring the car in. Drove to the dealership. Parked the car, they told me to re-park it at the service area and problem with the power steering happened again while I was trying to make a left turn this time. Now, I am carless, waiting for the dealership to contact me.
Read this THREAD
It sounds scary at first but has a happy ending!

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. I could not turn the wheel left or right at standstill and could only just turn as I increased speed. I had to have my power steering pump replaced within the first month of ownership. It took three breakdowns before the fault was diagnosed, eventually the power steering pump was replaced which solved the problem. Hopefully they have spare pumps in stock for the US market.

am29

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. I could not turn the wheel left or right at standstill and could only just turn as I increased speed. I had to have my power steering pump replaced within the first month of ownership. It took three breakdowns before the fault was diagnosed, eventually the power steering pump was replaced which solved the problem. Hopefully they have spare pumps in stock for the US market.
Thank you. I read your posts and it gives me hope that they will be able to identify and resolve the problem.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Our heat is not blowing hot out of the front vents only. Going to the dealer on Friday
Same, turn the heat up all the way and it just gets warm and barely warm. I did find that if I turned on the auto switch it would get hot but it blasts the air at the top setting with no way to turn it down without it totally shutting off.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered the automatic sliding door closing for our Sprinter so that I don't disturb the neighbours. In case someone spends the night next to us.
We specifically use the front doors for in/out when camping around others :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom