The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

North American Release Update Email

Traffic

Reservation Holder
Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
I responded to that December email yesterday asking for clarification on the Feb dates and locations. None are available on their site. Here's the email response I received this morning. In short, no information and no time frame available:

Christopher,

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.​

We are happy to hear you are interested in the Grenadier.​
Test drives will be available for customers soon.​
we do not have any specific timeframe for when they will be available yet.
However, once they do become available, we will be in touch with more information.​
Once, they do become available, you can find them via our events page.​
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.​
Thanks,​
Maneesh​

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
I troll Ineos on IG, and now they're saying updated NA pricing coming Q2 2023. Keeps sliding.

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
2nd QTR by fiscal year (Jan-March) or by calendar year (Apr-Jun)?

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Caladan They only said "Q2 2023", did not specify FY or CY. Does anyone know the IA FY alignment?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos still has a lawsuit they are fighting here in NA. LR is still fighting trademark infringement that has been dismissed overseas. Rumor has it ruling will occur in Q2.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What if the pick up and the LWB gets around the trademark infringement if the judge rules against them.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Arguments that Jeep couldn’t win against Hummer and their use of a Jeep-y grill.

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Arguments that Jeep couldn’t win against Hummer and their use of a Jeep-y grill.
Same issue with the Mahindra roxor here. Had to be redesigned because fiat/jeep had a hissy fit. Forget the fact that the Mahindra is everything a jeep was and should be and unlike anything like what jeep offers now.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
Same issue with the Mahindra roxor here. Had to be redesigned because fiat/jeep had a hissy fit. Forget the fact that the Mahindra is everything a jeep was and should be and unlike anything like what jeep offers now.
Wow, you are genuinely keen on the Mahindra. Did they also import the SsanYong Korando into the US? Similar story to Mahindra, these were originally locally manufactured Jeeps licenced accordingly(?), based on the CJ in both cases... not to mention presumably unlicensed knockoffs like the Rocsta.

Understandable that Jeep wouldn’t want to see these derivations imported into their home market to compete against them.

I guess the world’s a smaller place than it was in the ‘50s when Jeep sold off it’s old designs. Or maybe they were reverse engineered without consent. Not sure.

Is the JL that bad? I had a JK 2 door, it was one of my favourite cars.

Last edited:

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, you are genuinely keen on the Mahindra. Did they also import the SsanYong Korando into the US? Similar story to Mahindra, these were originally locally manufactured Jeeps licenced accordingly(?), based on the CJ in both cases... not to mention presumably unlicensed knockoffs like the Rocsta.

Understandable that Jeep wouldn’t want to see these derivations imported into their home market to compete against them.

I guess the world’s a smaller place than it was in the ‘50s when Jeep sold off it’s old designs. Or maybe they were reverse engineered without consent. Not sure.

Very cool Korean cj, being a longer body. I've not heard of the korando here. A street legal turbo diesel offroader is what I want in the stable. Unfortunate that the diesel grenadier isn't coming here, but I've already complained about going with the bmw engine when I'd rather see a tractor diesel in it. Oh well.

Last edited:

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
If it’s a set up like over here, the prototype will only be driveable off road. Reason is explained here as not road-legal.

So, find myself in a weird situation where I’m buying a truck that is great off road but I haven’t driven on a paved road 🧐 ….. but, I persevere

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score

Personally - I think the JL is great, but not the right vehicle for me anymore. I drove a 4-door JK for ten years, and the JL improves on that with almost no downsides (by comparison). Its not a perfect vehicle by any means; objectively, it suffers from some quality control issues, front end components not built quite robust enough, the naturally aspirated V6 is not super strong at elevation, and doesn't make great low-end torque, low payload; and subjectively, I'm not a fan of the removable roof anymore. But the Rubicon trim is the best rock-crawler off the factory floor, and they have retained a commitment to body-on-frame, solid axles, manual transmission, manual transfer case.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Personally - I think the JL is great, but not the right vehicle for me anymore. I drove a 4-door JK for ten years, and the JL improves on that with almost no downsides (by comparison). Its not a perfect vehicle by any means; objectively, it suffers from some quality control issues, front end components not built quite robust enough, the naturally aspirated V6 is not super strong at elevation, and doesn't make great low-end torque, low payload; and subjectively, I'm not a fan of the removable roof anymore. But the Rubicon trim is the best rock-crawler off the factory floor, and they have retained a commitment to body-on-frame, solid axles, manual transmission, manual transfer case.
JL with “sky roof”(?) is pretty sweet, and I think if the governments keep on pushing safety and rollover and other requirements, that kind of rolling roof technology will become the standard versus removable body panels. We have a white JL with the black, rolling roof and you can take out the back windows and the doors still come off, it’s pretty close to being able to take the shell off, without having to store it or deal with a convertible top I really wish the IG had something closer to that than just those pop up windows

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
Very cool Korean cj, being a longer body. I've not heard of the korando here. A street legal turbo diesel offroader is what I want in the stable. Unfortunate that the diesel grenadier isn't coming here, but I've already complained about going with the bmw engine when I'd rather see a tractor diesel in it. Oh well.
Other thread being closed, @mgohillbilly thought you might enjoy the below, starring the UAZ in it’s natural environment. Apropos also to your profile pic…

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
I know this channel. Quite impressive.

The children go to school as long as it is not below -55°C. After school they often enter a shop tobuy some sweets: icecream. 🥳

In the house they have a chamber with ice blocks. Every day they take a block and put it on their stove to get fresh water. There is no regular water supply because the pipes would also freeze in the ground during the winter.

The daughter has a store where you can buy different small products. The brand name is -71°C. That was the coldest temperature they had in their village so far. 🙃

Back
Top Bottom