The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

North American Grenadier Issues?

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Happened today... The sun was shining at just the right angle that the overhead electricity cables cast line shadows on the road for a couple of miles. Lane departure warnings galore!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if this exists somewhere - I didn't notice anything straightaway.

At idle - both in park and in gear but stopped - my truck vibrates (NA TM NA B58).

How would you describe your "stillness/smoothness" at idle/tick over?

Also, yesterday, there was a weird noise coming from the engine bay that wasn't there earlier in the day, then appeared for a while, and then went away.

I'll upload a video later - hopefully you will be able to hear it.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At idle - both in park and in gear but stopped - my truck vibrates (NA TM NA B58).
This was attributed elsewhere to be the notably stiffer engine mounts that IA went with instead of the hydraulically dampened mounts BMW (and most other car manufacturers) use. I'm not saying that's all it is, but it seems logical (in my previous life we often replaced the blown/leaking hydro mounts with poly or rubber mounts and always added a bit of vibration at idle, especially when in gear and stopped).

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
This was attributed elsewhere to be the notably stiffer engine mounts that IA went with instead of the hydraulically dampened mounts BMW (and most other car manufacturers) use. I'm not saying that's all it is, but it seems logical (in my previous life we often replaced the blown/leaking hydro mounts with poly or rubber mounts and always added a bit of vibration at idle, especially when in gear and stopped).

Excellent theory. So many vehicles, including off road vehicles sacrifice basic durability for comfort even on something a simple as engine mounts. I watched a Nissan dump its engine on an easy Moab trail in front of me in diss belief. And the Nissan group thought it was normal. I will take some vibration to avoid that type of issue and expensive engine mount replacements. BMW is well know for that issue as well.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if this exists somewhere - I didn't notice anything straightaway.

How would you describe your "stillness/smoothness" at idle/tick over?

Also, yesterday, there was a weird noise coming from the engine bay that wasn't there earlier in the day, then appeared for a while, and then went away.

I'll upload a video later - hopefully you will be able to hear it.
My rough idle softened up after 1k miles. But I still get drone/vibration at 65-70mph at roughly 2000 rpm

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I get a little vibration, but mine seems like heat shields. I’ve checked them all and they seem tight, but I can’t check them after I put it in drive.

I have thought about adding a spring washer and double nut on the heat shield studs. Just not there yet…

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

Got Coffee?

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A small portion of the drivers door gasket needs to be re-glued. So I would say check your door seals. I also have a squeaking/rubbing noise from the b-pillar on the drivers side. Not sure what that is from, but it is constantly there on rough roads.
Same issue with the drivers door gasket needing to be re-glued.

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had an intermittent drone and some rattling coming from somewhere around the right front. It didn’t seem to correlate directly to speed. Was a bit louder maybe on the highway, but was often there at a stop with engine running as well.

I let my wife out, it stopped.

roverso

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:08 AM
Reaction score
Just collected my vehicle. All four doors had seal issues, seems like the problem has been around for some time and Ineos hasn't done anything about it. Dealer offered to order new seals, they are three hours away from me. I am going to pull the seals and apply some HD double sided tape. Only 25 miles on the truck so far, but that will change soon.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just collected my vehicle. All four doors had seal issues, seems like the problem has been around for some time and Ineos hasn't done anything about it. Dealer offered to order new seals, they are three hours away from me. I am going to pull the seals and apply some HD double sided tape. Only 25 miles on the truck so far, but that will change soon.
HI roverso, Let us know how the HD double sided tape works and what brand you use.
DaBull

Reactions: PBD

roverso

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
HI roverso, Let us know how the HD double sided tape works and what brand you use.
DaBull
I have had good luck with 3M Auto double sided tape as it handles varying temps well. I told my dealer to wait on ordering new seals in hopes Ineos will have some produced with a quality adhesive in place, not what it is currently using. I live on a dirt road so need seals to work correctly. Have many miles in old Defenders and have eaten enough dirt already.

Back
Top Bottom