The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

North American Grenadier Issues?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
We specifically use the front doors for in/out when camping around others :ROFLMAO:
That's right! That's a good idea - why should the neighbours be allowed to sleep longer? :ROFLMAO:

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
I have my headlights on "auto" and they turn on even in bright sunlight.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is that an issue? I prefer my headlights on at all times the vehicle is running.

Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Same, turn the heat up all the way and it just gets warm and barely warm. I did find that if I turned on the auto switch it would get hot but it blasts the air at the top setting with no way to turn it down without it totally shutting off.
Our seems to be fixing itself. If you put it on front and feet it’s super hot. Goes down to warm when you put it on front only. Rear vents are warm. We’ll get it looked at in two weeks when we get our accessories installed.

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up mine yesterday at Triad Ineos in Highpoint NC. The dealer was great. Jason the GM is on the ball. Drove her 175 miles home to the coast and the vehicle exceeded my expectations. It is a beast in person. Pics don't do it justice.

Mine did have the loose/non adhering gasket issue on 3 of 4 doors and rear door. Dealer was made aware to order replacement gasket seals. Of note in pics is a gasket quick fix they did to all the doors. Dealer did not know about, so must have been done at port upon arrival. You can see the round, punch like holes to the bottom of gasket. 2 on each door.

Other than that no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1065.jpeg
    IMG_1065.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1064.jpeg
    IMG_1064.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1063.jpeg
    IMG_1063.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1062.jpeg
    IMG_1062.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 102

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up mine yesterday at Triad Ineos in Highpoint NC. The dealer was great. Jason the GM is on the ball. Drove her 175 miles home to the coast and the vehicle exceeded my expectations. It is a beast in person. Pics don't do it justice.

Mine did have the loose/non adhering gasket issue on 3 of 4 doors and rear door. Dealer was made aware to order replacement gasket seals. Of note in pics is a gasket quick fix they did to all the doors. Dealer did not know about, so must have been done at port upon arrival. You can see the round, punch like holes to the bottom of gasket. 2 on each door.

Congratulations to you. A great vehicle. Enjoy it.
These cut-outs are now made on all Grenadiers in production. This is the solution to the water problem. For me, that's bungling. I told my dealer to just keep his hands off my seal. I don't want to have these cut-outs afterwards.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score

Congratulations Tarheel, That is a great color combination. Instant Classic. Happy New Year! DaBull

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
I told my dealer to just keep his hands off my seal. I don't want to have these cut-outs afterwards.
You are completely right, this is a quick fix for one problem, and will create another problem: what about water tightness while wading in 80 cm water?

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Colour appropriate 😂 :love: !

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you seen where the Oil filter is, driver side back of engine! Could it be more inaccessible? Freaking engineers. At least the oil pan drain plug is easy to access.
Degree of inaccessabilty may be more in the eye of the beholder ... RHD vs LHD. At least we are not dealing with incomplete wiper function on driver's side and an air intake tower blocking some field of view as our RHD colleagues are. 😉

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations to you. A great vehicle. Enjoy it.
These cut-outs are now made on all Grenadiers in production. This is the solution to the water problem. For me, that's bungling. I told my dealer to just keep his hands off my seal. I don't want to have these cut-outs afterwards.
The hole punch is bad. It would have been much simpler to slice (make a slit) like 1990’s LR D1 door seals.

EDIT: It is easy to correct, by inserting a section of silicone tube inside the door seal at the hole/punch.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up mine at Warner Ineos on Tuesday. Had an issue with Costco not wanting to put on my 33s so Warner jumped into action and bent over backwards for me, getting my new tires swapped and me on the road only a few hours behind schedule.

Issues:

Reversing and then shifting to drive, the PDC warning comes on for the front right corner.

12V power plug in the center console: I plugged in my radar detector and it came on. The key was on in accessory mode, engine off. I started the engine and while driving a few minutes later, I noticed the radar detector was off. I unplugged and reinserted the power plug, cycled the radar detector volume / power switch off and back on and it's not working. Took the radar detector to my Kia and it worked, but the user adjusted setting was reset, weird. I haven't had the time nor inclination to troubleshoot the 12V. I've been bust getting other gear situated and figuring out how things work.

Still haven't taken the owner's manual out of the glove box. Stu said the lore pages at the beginning of the US owner's manual were missing (as compared to the UK version we all say the pdf of). Sad. That's such an important part of the story and ownership of this vehicle.

One interesting quirk, not sure it's an issue. The seat heaters, my wife and I used driving home through Utah at night in the freezing cold (20's F) and when we first turn on the seat heater - to lowest, or 1 light, it gets pretty hot fairly quickly, but then mellows out and cools down to the perfect temperature, as far as my ass is concerned.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
They should be the halo rings only on around the headlights for DRLs.
Yes and the DRLs can be disabled in the Settings Menu.
One interesting quirk, not sure it's an issue. The seat heaters, my wife and I used driving home through Utah at night in the freezing cold (20's F) and when we first turn on the seat heater - to lowest, or 1 light, it gets pretty hot fairly quickly, but then mellows out and cools down to the perfect temperature, as far as my ass is concerned.
Agreed! thankfully it settles down but it comes up to heat very quickly.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Two weeks and nearly 700 miles on mine with some off road use. The only issue I have is a small leak from the top of the right rear side window after a rain. Assuming the gasket sealant has a gap along the top of the window.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A small portion of the drivers door gasket needs to be re-glued. So I would say check your door seals. I also have a squeaking/rubbing noise from the b-pillar on the drivers side. Not sure what that is from, but it is constantly there on rough roads.

Back
Top Bottom