The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Mobile phone mount and charging process

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Really? When will advertising on screens be banned in cities? A driver could look at it while driving.
And I was convinced that Germany is the world champion in such bans.🤪
Laws are laws. It never makes sense to understand or even question their meaning.

Sounds stupid, but that's just how it is. 🤷‍♂️

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Really? When will advertising on screens be banned in cities? A driver could look at it while driving.
And I was convinced that Germany is the world champion in such bans.🤪
Lots of jurisdictions are now fine places to live and work.... fines for this; fines for that, fines for thinking ... :rolleyes:

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
Good idea emax and then it is easy to remove the plate and return the control panel to as it was.

Nevertheless, I am against phones being used in cars. Bluetooth it and put it way I say.

Here in Australia (esp. the state of Victoria) the regulations around using a mobile phone (and even in-built touch screens) when driving are increasing & becoming ever more complex.

In short, authorities are more & more restricting drivers touching or looking at any screens - I am sure they want to stop it all 100% soon.

For example - your phone is bluetoothed to the car infotainment system & you get a call - you are allowed to touch screen to accept call but you are NOT permitted to touch screen to scroll through songs on your playlist!!
Agreed. For me I need a place to store it when I'm in and out of the car and to charge it (without having to physically plug it in/ cables hanging out etc). As soon as I'm in it switches to carplay and do not disturb, so it's a convenience thing for me.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I resisted mentioning the law when posting on this earlier and in a separate thread because that is location specific. The topic is practical solutions for the lack of phone storage with ideas for mounting/charging. How people choose to use these ideas and compliance with their local law is for individual consideration.

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
16957666976117406258983510571648.jpgbought a hoko phone mount, works perfectly

Marlin Pete

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
On the subject of mobile phones, I posted this in another thread but think that it justifies its own thread.

it is a shame that Ineos Automotive having created a masterpiece with the Grenadier but they haven‘t designed in a location to store your phone when driving and allow it to be on charge - especially considering 99% of us never leave home without a phone!

There are USB’s in the storage box between the front seats so power available from there but a phone slides around unless secured into a cradle and that also means trailing wires.

Has anyone found a decent solution to this quandary?

This Forum is full of people with good ideas so I look forward to seeing the responses!

Thanks in anticipation!
This Company has a good reputation, but still, its going to be messy, with wires everywhere. It would have been nice of Ineos to make a little wireless charger cubby hole in front of the gear shifter. https://www.quadlockcase.com.au/products/car-kit-all-iphone-devices?variant=39931864547441

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
This Company has a good reputation, but still, its going to be messy, with wires everywhere. It would have been nice of Ineos to make a little wireless charger cubby hole in front of the gear shifter. https://www.quadlockcase.com.au/products/car-kit-all-iphone-devices?variant=39931864547441
Wire can duck back through the dash, but I have just tucked it neatly into trim at drivers footwell. Mag safe clip on/off, charges, sturdy. out of the way. This was a temporary install, but It will stay.

Attachments

• tempImageR23PBg.jpg
    tempImageR23PBg.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 245
  • tempImage9LlvTf.jpg
    tempImage9LlvTf.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 276

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
Wire can duck back through the dash, but I have just tucked it neatly into trim at drivers footwell. Mag safe clip on/off, charges, sturdy. out of the way. This was a temporary install, but It will stay.
Thanks, I have heated seats and that’s where one of the switches sits!

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Brodit has some mounts for the Gren… I have a lot of good expirience with their stuff. I‚ll go with them.

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Brodit has some mounts for the Gren… I have a lot of good expirience with their stuff. I‚ll go with them.

Brodit stuff looks good. I think I'd take item no 855956, I don't want to block an air vent or install it in the air bag area.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score

Thanks, they seem to do some good stuff!

Jörk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've been using "SP Connect" for years - because it gives me one system for all my applications. My vehicles: 3 G-Class (1983 - 2014), Mercedes CLK Cabrio, BMW R 1250 Adventure, mountain bike, street bike, hiking and office. This is super quality - not cheap - but reliable and not as big as RAM mounts. https://sp-connect.de German English French, .. And the wait for the new grenadier is long. I've been following the story for years. 1. Reservation 10.2021, ordered 19.09.2022, contract signed 03.03.2023. We're all holding out!
Hi
I made on my IG a mounting and charging option with SP connect. It is like a prototyp. But it works so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 250

Jörk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I used it without the frame.
Do you need also pictures from installation?

Attachments

• IMG_1974.jpeg
    IMG_1974.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1973.jpeg
    IMG_1973.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom