The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Mobile phone mount and charging process

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
Wenn Du das so bestellst wie von mir gepostet, ist das Brodit Ladegerät (Qi) dabei

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
Mein deutsch ist nicht so gut, es tut mir leid.

Ich lasse mein telefon in der mittleren box auf USB.

Warum muss es sichtbar sein?

Prost! :)

Maulwurf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Einwandfrei!
bin gespannt ob das Handy im Gelände hält!
( falls ich irgendwann einen Schalthebel bekomme um das zwischenbetriebliche zu bedienen)View attachment 7834507
Hallo Hannes, ja, die Magnete halten! Ich habe diese Halterung sowohl im alten Defender, wie auch im Unimog. Beide Autos sind keine Sänften und werden artgerecht gehalten. Aber es hängt auch von Deiner Hülle ab. Ich habe die originale Hülle- kein Problem. Beim IG verbaue ich auch wieder die Brodit Lösung, wie auch oben vorgestellt, aber mit einer Auflage am unteren Rand https://www.handytreff.de/detail/27...MI4sLj0L3sggMVAKaDBx32hgU9EAQYBiABEgLEcvD_BwE

Grüße
Franz

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
Word of warning to anyone in the US who orders the Brodit/Proclip parts for the time being. After a couple weeks of backorder, they shipped my dash mount, but they sent me the vent clip version instead of the center panel style. Either their website has the pictures and instructions reversed or they have a mislabeled batch. Working with their service now to get the correct parts.

What the website shows:
855956.jpg
What I got:
IMG_8879.JPEG
Clearly lacks the holes to bolt it to the climate control panel. It's the style that didn't make it through the first summer in my 4Runner before it got chucked for blocking the vent.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
I saw on Amazon they had the part numbers for these two items switched and was wondering what would show up if I ordered, now I know! (so not just a US problem).
Word of warning to anyone in the US who orders the Brodit/Proclip parts for the time being. After a couple weeks of backorder, they shipped my dash mount, but they sent me the vent clip version instead of the center panel style. Either their website has the pictures and instructions reversed or they have a mislabeled batch. Working with their service now to get the correct parts.

What the website shows:
View attachment 7836535
What I got:
View attachment 7836536
Clearly lacks the holes to bolt it to the climate control panel. It's the style that didn't make it through the first summer in my 4Runner before it got chucked for blocking the vent

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got it directly from proclip US since the European dealers want indentured servitude in exchange for shipping. Crazy that Amazon has them backwards too. I even opened the instructions on the proclip site before ordering to make sure I was getting the right one.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

What the website shows:
View attachment 7836535
What I got:
View attachment 7836536
Clearly lacks the holes to bolt it to the climate control panel. It's the style that didn't make it through the first summer in my 4Runner before it got chucked for blocking the vent.
That happened me in Germany too. Looks like that they put in the plant the wrong parts in the right package (article no was right, product wrong), but I got really fast the right part in a second delivery.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That happened me in Germany too. Looks like that they put in the plant the wrong parts in the right package (article no was right, product wrong), but I got really fast the right part in a second delivery.
They emailed me back this morning.

"Thank you for the photo. This appears to be a manufacturing error, with them somehow putting a angled mount sticker on the center mount for the Grenadier. We greatly apologize for this error."

They've offered to replace it but hopefully it leads to them checking all the stock.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
I’m using a temporary charging solution as I’m not allow to modify this loan car.

I’m using the quad lock wireless charging pad and placing under the handbrake. Works a treat and may make it permanent when I get my vehicle.

The quad lock pad is quite thick so a thinner and 1cm narrower pad would be an improvement. So I’m looking at other pads as options.

I can still access the handbrake easily and the CarPlay app is great.

Attachments

• IMG_7615.jpeg
    IMG_7615.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7616.jpeg
    IMG_7616.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The new mount arrived today. Now I'll have both. Probably won't use the vent mount though. They corrected the part numbers on the new batch.

IMG_8959.jpeg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Bruce I order them too. Think I'm going ram mount with peak design mag lock for my phone set up.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score

Gman53

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
I am happy with the Carmount magnetic mount. Placement worked out well for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-01-03-110425.jpeg
    IMG_2024-01-03-110425.jpeg
    530.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2024-01-03-110354.jpeg
    IMG_2024-01-03-110354.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2024-01-03-110447.jpeg
    IMG_2024-01-03-110447.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 64

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Installed my proclip 855956 along with a RAM ball and magsafe charger. I find that the holes in the proclip plate are slightly too close together making fitment a little tricky. It's also not the best that the bolts provided have a different drive size than stock (2.5 vs 3mm).
IMG_9013.jpeg
The mount does put the phone in good position where it doesn't interfere with passengers or the transfer case and I can still get to everything on the dash. I know many people on here don't like seeing their phones out at all, but I need access to my phone for the garage door app and the cubby is full of other stuff. I do use drive focus mode so there are no interruptions. Unfortunately the app for the garage door doesn't work with carplay.
IMG_9017.jpeg

Next I need to run either USB or a 12V outlet to the footwell to better hide the cable. That and get a skin or a non white magsafe.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I added the original brodit magsafe charger today, but I think the magnet isn‘t strong enough. ais the original Appel Magsafe charger better?

Back
Top Bottom