The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Koni Raid 90's

Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
I will be selling my 2005 Defender 110 to help fund my purchase of the Grenadier Quartermaster. I have recently put Koni Raid 90's 2" lift shocks on the Defender. Great shocks, and would use them again. Does anyone know the length of the shocks on the Grenadier? If similar, might be worth exchanging my Koni's with OEM shocks, and using these for the new ute.

JMP

Production/Transit
Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
It doesn't answer the question, but Koni has part numbers 90-5490 (front) / 90-5491 (rear) for the Grenadier.

I used to ride Heavy Track Raids on my 110; they were put to the test on my trips to North Africa, but never broke.

Solid, but not very efficient in compression.

Local time
Reaction score
It doesn't answer the question, but Koni has part numbers 90-5490 (front) / 90-5491 (rear) for the Grenadier.

I used to ride Heavy Track Raids on my 110; they were put to the test on my trips to North Africa, but never broke.

Solid, but not very efficient in compression.
Thanks for your reply, and the part numbers. I work and use my Defender up Cape York in Australia. Roads are corrugated for hundreds of k's at a stretch. This is why I like the Heavy Track Raids. After 600k's of corrugated road, I could put my hand on them, and they are not even warm. Could not do that with the Bilsteins I had on before. It will be a work ute, and not a rock crawler, so just want efficient gear that works.

Local time
Reaction score
In looking at the Koni web site, the part numbers are different for the two models of car. Rather than trying to make due, will upgrade to what is designed to fit by the company. The Grenadier OEM shocks should last at least 2 years, so will look to upgrade them when the ride becomes rough like the Toyotas that abound up here.

Back
Top Bottom