The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS NIGHTMARE!!!

desertdefender

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
Just an observation from my local dealer here in Salt Lake: they're all very new at this. They have photos of every truck they've delivered so far and it's about 40 vehicles. That's a microsecond in the life of a dealership. My local dealer is still literally setting up their offices. Their desks are barely out of the IKEA boxes. It's going to take some time to catch up with deliveries and all of their dealer-installed accessories, service calls, everything. I think patience is going to be important for all of us dealing with our INEOS purchases.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
I was the black sheep. All my family went to unc or wake. We do enjoy picking on state and absolutely hate duke. Always have.
Right there with you - Legacy at UNC extends to both parents and step mother and her family. I ended up at Bama and graduating from Auburn :ROFLMAO:. Can't wait for March Madness 🏀🏀🏀🏀!!

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
Just an observation from my local dealer here in Salt Lake: they're all very new at this. They have photos of every truck they've delivered so far and it's about 40 vehicles. That's a microsecond in the life of a dealership. My local dealer is still literally setting up their offices. Their desks are barely out of the IKEA boxes. It's going to take some time to catch up with deliveries and all of their dealer-installed accessories, service calls, everything. I think patience is going to be important for all of us dealing with our INEOS purchases.
Mossy in San Diego is the same. There is no official service desk, and everything is still under construction. Unfortunately, I too am caught up in warranty work and the lack of infrastructure is a bit frightening TBH. Have no idea how many cars they have even serviced up to this point, but it can't be many.

WFB3

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bill, any updates?
I’ve talked with the service manager twice about my current problem and have been told he is working on a solution. A month has passed and I’m still driving with warning lights. Since purchasing the vehicle in November I have never seen my dashboard without a warning indicator for something. Ready to sell as soon as it’s fixed. I’ll be realistic about pricing.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve talked with the service manager twice about my current problem and have been told he is working on a solution. A month has passed and I’m still driving with warning lights. Since purchasing the vehicle in November I have never seen my dashboard without a warning indicator for something. Ready to sell as soon as it’s fixed. I’ll be realistic about pricing.
Enacting the Lemon Law might net you more money than a straight sell.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know anyone that's actually done a lemon law. It reads like one of those things thats easier said than done.
My buddy just did one on his brand new Jeep Wrangler 4xe for suspension wearing too quickly and multiple death wobble incidents. He said it's super easy, there are lawyers you hire and they get paid by the manufacturer when you win. He is getting all of his money back including taxes and registration fees.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s actually not that difficult. Long ago, I was a consumer arbitrator and had a case that awarded the complainant a refund on the remaining value of the car. She proved her case - had the records including her attempts to have the issue rectified by the dealer (it was a Cadillac). In some states, e.g. Pennsylvania, the intent of the law is clear: “If the defect in your car has not been rectified after a reasonable number of attempts to repair, or if your vehicle slumbers out of service for a total of 30 days or more, you may be eligible for a replacement vehicle of the same value or a full refund.” https://www.dmv.org/pa-pennsylvania/automotive-law/lemon-law.php
There is usually a nominal mileage based deduction to reduce the award. There are attorneys who specialize in Lemon Law cases but the process is doable without one.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s actually not that difficult. Long ago, I was a consumer arbitrator and had a case that awarded the complainant a refund on the remaining value of the car. She proved her case - had the records including her attempts to have the issue rectified by the dealer (it was a Cadillac). In some states, e.g. Pennsylvania, the intent of the law is clear: “If the defect in your car has not been rectified after a reasonable number of attempts to repair, or if your vehicle slumbers out of service for a total of 30 days or more, you may be eligible for a replacement vehicle of the same value or a full refund.” https://www.dmv.org/pa-pennsylvania/automotive-law/lemon-law.php
There is usually a nominal mileage based deduction to reduce the award. There are attorneys who specialize in Lemon Law cases but the process is doable without one.

Exactly. My buddy just showed that he took it to the deal 3 times for the same issue and that it was in the shop for more than 30 days combined and boom, it was approved. Seems like there are some folks on this thread that could easily have the Lemon Law enacted. The dealers can even sell the car on their lot after return, it just has to be marked as a "Lemon". At least here in CA they can.

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Bill, thank you for the updates - Please keep us posted. It certainly is worth the effort to review your State’s lemon law. They are usually administered through the State Attorney General’s office. Hopefully there’s a link on their website.

For people waiting for more affordable Grenadiers to show up in the used market these few Ineos “problem children” will certainly add complexity to buying used. Caveat Emptor and make sure you diligently review the vehicle’s service record.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Heartfelt sorry for you! You are experiencing what my dread has been all along with Triad. I know this repair should be done under warranty. I just don't see Triad ever being responsive without change in management and some focus/passion on 4x4s in general overall and not just selling. Have you considered reaching out to a 4x4 independent garage - especially closer to home? Especially one with knowledge in BMW engines?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I feel it is important to share my Ineo's experience. I will have to start by saying I was a huge fan early on when the announcement was made about the production of the Grenadier. I've owned a lot of off-road vehicles over the years starting with a Defender 90, 5 Land Cruisers and was one of the first in my area to order a Defender when they came out. All great vehicles in their own way. The Grenadier seemed to be a better combination of on road manners with off-road capabilities. All in a fantastic looking package.

After doing much homework I made the decision to order my Grenadier which was originally scheduled to arrive June 0f 2024. In November of 23 I was notified by my local dealer that some of the initial orders had been cancelled and there were several units available. Within 24 hours I found a suitable match and made arrangements to pick it up the following day. Prior to my purchase I had asked not once but twice about the process for potential repairs given the limited number of dealerships and the fact that my dealer was 3 plus hours away. Both times I was assured that they not only had mobile repair but a tow service as well for repairs that would need to be done at the service facility.

The next day I headed to the dealership to pick up my new Grenadier. Extremely excited and even more so after seeing it in person. All was well until my trip home and the nightmare begins. I was about 180 miles into my trip when the first light appears on the dash. The front end collision warning light comes on in the middle of my drive. I eventually pulled over at a rest stop and go through the manual and see if there is a reset, but nothing mentioned. After starting the vehicle it did stay off for about 30 minutes but eventually came back on permanently. At this point it's late Saturday so the dealership is closed so I figured I would deal with it on Monday.

Monday morning arrives with another light on the dash. It would go off briefly but by lunch time it was on permanently. This is the first time I called the dealership. I was amazed that no live person picks up the phone it's just prompts depending on which department, and the you leave a message. It took a week to finally here from someone at the dealership. I left multiple messages with the so-called parts and service director, but none were ever returned. The salesperson finally called me back nearly a week later. In that period of time I literally had every single warning indicator on the dash completely lit, including a light that said transmission failure. I was assured there was no problem with the vehicle and he said the had another one do the same thing and I just needed to go to my local AutoZone to clear the codes. Clearly this make no sense but out of desperation I gave it a shot. I was told there was nothing they could do so I did give the local Honda store a try but they could not help either.

I finally heard from the dealership after opening a case with Ineos. The service manager called me to schedule a pickup and it was picked up within 48 hours. After 2weeks I contacted to check the status to find out they still don't know what the problem is and still working with Ineos. Finally I received notification it was the speed sensor that need to be replaced and the part had been ordered. I finally received my Grenadier after it had been in the shop for 1 month. The entire time i was in touch with Ineos problem department which apparently is a third party company that just forwards info to Ineos. She would communicate with me and ask if anyone from Ineos had contacted me. My reply was always the same no. She even seemed shocked and every single time apologized and said she would have someone follow up. To this day none from Ineos has ever talked with me even though i have reputedly requested someone contact me. I really do not think they even have a factory representative in NC.

After the vehicle came back from 1 month in the service department, I drove about 100 yards and another light is now on. There has been no attempt to fix this problem even though I shared with the service manager. I did receive my first call from Ineos which was a follow-up just to see how my service experience was. I shared my story and he seemed shocked and promised he would have someone immediately follow-up, but it has now been almost 3 weeks, and nobody has reached out. This is by far my worst experience with a vehicle in 40 plus years. I don't recommend anyone buy from this company for obvious reasons. There is virtually no support from the manufacture. What's even more strange is it's an open and shut case for the lemon law in NC so you would think they would want to have a conversation. To add to the frustration, I have discovered the vehicle has been damaged on the roof which was not there prior to it's service visit. Currently working with several parties to get the situation resolved, if I ever do talk with Ineos I will post a follow-up.
This sounds to me like you have a really bad dealer.
OK we all know that some vehicles and Ineos themselves have issues, however you shouldn't even be talking to Ineos Automotive.
That is your dealers responsibility as you are their customer in the US.
I have owned about 20+ vehicles over the last 40+ years and can't remember ever talking to the actual manufacturer.
Pretty sure they wouldn't even answer my calls.
In Australia as we buy direct from Ineos Automotive it is slightly different.
I have had a continual issue with the rear door open alarm on my vehicle and after the dealer has had 3 attempts to fix it I finally called Ineos direct.
I was redirected to the UK call centre.
A guy called Mark answered the call straight away.
He had my phone number on his system and that gave him all of my details and my vehicles details.
He gave me a case number and asked if it was OK for him to call me back in two days time.
This was a Friday afternoon in Australia.
On Sunday afternoon he called me back, told me it was a physical issue not a software problem.
He said it had happened a couple of times and the top door latch on the large door needed to be adjusted.
He said they would send the instructions through to my dealer.
So when I get my first service done in May I will get them to fix it.

Thunderbird

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
Bill, thank you for the updates - Please keep us posted. It certainly is worth the effort to review your State’s lemon law. They are usually administered through the State Attorney General’s office. Hopefully there’s a link on their website.

For people waiting for more affordable Grenadiers to show up in the used market these few Ineos “problem children” will certainly add complexity to buying used. Caveat Emptor and make sure you diligently review the vehicle’s service record.
Just an FYI, these are called “buy backs” and come with a branded title. Similar to salvage titles.

Back
Top Bottom