The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Long time Land Cruiser owner recently converted Grenadier owner

AdventureCruiser

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m Matt, a San Diego native who has had Land Cruisers for the past 17 years and just converted to being a Grenadier owner. I’m an avid off road enthusiast who really loves exploring the local deserts, and driving chase for a few friends who powered paraglide. I have a small YouTube channel where I mostly discuss two-way radios, but it was initially created to catalog my adventures. Maybe with the Grenadier I’ll get back to the adventures.

I also enjoy scuba diving, the wilderness, two-radios, shooting, tractors and building things to make life easier.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m Matt, a San Diego native who has had Land Cruisers for the past 17 years and just converted to being a Grenadier owner. I’m an avid off road enthusiast who really loves exploring the local deserts, and driving chase for a few friends who powered paraglide. I have a small YouTube channel where I mostly discuss two-way radios, but it was initially created to catalog my adventures. Maybe with the Grenadier I’ll get back to the adventures.

I also enjoy scuba diving, the wilderness, two-radios, shooting, tractors and building things to make life easier.
Welcome and very cool. Any insight on the forthcoming Midland gxt67 pro?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Welcome! I am out of Carlsbad and am still and will always be a Cruiser Head. I currently have a built 100 Series still, and although not as shiny as my new Gren, it still is an insanely capable tank of a vehicle.

Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

I also enjoy scuba diving, the wilderness, two-radios, shooting, tractors and building things to make life easier, moonlit walks in the park, and snuggling by the fire.
Are you eligible bachelor No 1?

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Beautiful 200 you have there! How do you compare the 200 to the Gren?
Two different animals.
The Grenadier is a beautiful, quirky, and unique modern tractor.
The 200 is a smooth, yet rugged, bloated Highlander.
The KDSS suspension on the 200 allows it to be thrown into a corner, at speed with confidence, even lifted on 34's.
The Grenadier's limits are much much lower.
My 200 is better on road trips, with the 40gal aux tank and softer suspension.
The Grenadier has more of a vault like feel to the door closes, vs the Toyota thin sheet metal.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
Tedrocket, I am in the exact same boat! I would include a shot of both my gren and the LC 200, but the LC is at Slee getting a few upgrades. Are you going to LCDC in Ouray this year?

unnamed-3.jpgBic Jet 1.jpg

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tedrocket, I am in the exact same boat! I would include a shot of both my gren and the LC 200, but the LC is at Slee getting a few upgrades. Are you going to LCDC in Ouray this year?

View attachment 7856036View attachment 7856037
Nice Heritage! I built and was very content with my 2015, so I wasn't looking to upgrade. Looking back I should have bought a '20 or '21 before prices went crazy. They went from discounted in the high $70k to dealers listing them for $115+.
I would love to go out west, but I don't have the time to drive that far. My son is currently trying to steal my 200, with the encouragement of my whole family. He goes to college in the mountains of NC and everyone is pushing for him to keep driving it because sometimes they get snow. I will admit that it would just be sitting if he wasn't driving, but it's my 200! There is nothing like them.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The blue ‘01 is gone at this point as I had to make room for the Grenadier. The green ‘11 200 series has 210k on the clock and is a daily driver. I may sell it at some point in time, but going to keep at least a 100 series and a 200 series.

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0664.jpeg
    IMG_0664.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2403.jpeg
    IMG_2403.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 20

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The blue ‘01 is gone at this point as I had to make room for the Grenadier. The green ‘11 200 series has 210k on the clock and is a daily driver. I may sell it at some point in time, but going to keep at least a 100 series and a 200 series.
That green was the best color.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That green was the best color.
Took me 9 months to find it, but found it at a Land Rover dealer in Dallas with 80k on the clock. My wife’s daily driver and she gets stopped almost once a week with people asking if she will sell it. I really wanted to get the Grenadier in green, but just wasn’t a huge fan of the actual color tone.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice Heritage! I built and was very content with my 2015, so I wasn't looking to upgrade. Looking back I should have bought a '20 or '21 before prices went crazy. They went from discounted in the high $70k to dealers listing them for $115+.
I would love to go out west, but I don't have the time to drive that far. My son is currently trying to steal my 200, with the encouragement of my whole family. He goes to college in the mountains of NC and everyone is pushing for him to keep driving it because sometimes they get snow. I will admit that it would just be sitting if he wasn't driving, but it's my 200! There is nothing like them.
If ou have time and want to fly into Durango for a couple days, you could be my co-pilot on two days of trails and then I could cart you back to the airport.
That's clean. Selling my stupid-low-milage 1992 80 was a mistake. And if I'm honest, had it been a different color it still might be here.
There is this thing called Paint....just don't do it again!

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is that GOBI rack and ladder? Slee rear bumper? Are those steps or sliders?
Yes. Gobi rack and ladder. It has held up pretty well. I need to treat it and repaint it soon. It's been on there since 2017 baking in the Florida sun.
The bumper is a cheap import that I bought bare metal from VPR4x4, I think was the name. I primed and Rhino lined it and have modified it a bit.
Factory steps. Never got around to swapping out to sliders.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. Gobi rack and ladder. It has held up pretty well. I need to treat it and repaint it soon. It's been on there since 2017 baking in the Florida sun.
The bumper is a cheap import that I bought bare metal from VPR4x4, I think was the name. I primed and Rhino lined it and have modified it a bit.
Factory steps. Never got around to swapping out to sliders.
It looks great! Hang on to that one.

Back
Top Bottom