The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just a little notice..

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

As many of you are aware I was going to take my Grenadier to drive the Scottish 500, I bought myself a roof tent, bought a great drone, packed all I needed for a few weeks, was about to throw the dogs in and drive off when I had my doctor call to say I shouldn't go anywhere as a test had come back "Out of range", so I waited and had a few more tests and a month ago was diagnosed that I had colon cancer.
To say this was a shock was an understatement as had hardly any symptoms, the National Health Service were quick to act and I was put forward for immediate urgent surgery.
As an ex nurse I knew that I wouldn't get surgery in the time specified sadly so last Thursday dipped into the savings and paid privately to have the tumour removed at The Lister Hospital in Chelsea, London.
Today I was discharged and although feel like ive gone 12 rounds with a professional kick boxer I am home resting up and will get the results of the tumour in a couple of weeks, depending on what it reveals will determine if I need chemo etc.

If I can just say one thing to any of you....if you have one remote change in your bowel habits please do get yourself checked out asap, do not wait !

Apparently colon cancer is being seen in more 20-30's ages than later in life.

I understand its not the best of subjects but wanted to say why I haven't been on my trip, I will get there as soon as I possibly can.

Best Wishes

Annee aka instagram grenadier_girl

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

As many of you are aware I was going to take my Grenadier to drive the Scottish 500, I bought myself a roof tent, bought a great drone, packed all I needed for a few weeks, was about to throw the dogs in and drive off when I had my doctor call to say I shouldn't go anywhere as a test had come back "Out of range", so I waited and had a few more tests and a month ago was diagnosed that I had colon cancer.
To say this was a shock was an understatement as had hardly any symptoms, the National Health Service were quick to act and I was put forward for immediate urgent surgery.
As an ex nurse I knew that I wouldn't get surgery in the time specified sadly so last Thursday dipped into the savings and paid privately to have the tumour removed at The Lister Hospital in Chelsea, London.
Today I was discharged and although feel like ive gone 12 rounds with a professional kick boxer I am home resting up and will get the results of the tumour in a couple of weeks, depending on what it reveals will determine if I need chemo etc.

If I can just say one thing to any of you....if you have one remote change in your bowel habits please do get yourself checked out asap, do not wait !

I understand its not the best of subjects but wanted to say why I haven't been on my trip, I will get there as soon as I possibly can.

Best Wishes

Who knows how many lives you may have saved by taking time to record your experience. May sunny days be before you and a gentle breeze at your back 💜

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

Best Wishes

Rotten luck Annee, thank you for posting. As said above it may well save others. Hope all clear when tests come back.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 AM
Reaction score
All the best and fast recovery for you Annee.
Thanks for the notice, which I support 100%, since we had the same type of cancer in the family, I let me checked every year and since I am 40, every 5years colonoscopy…. Until today with negative result🙏

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Praying for a full recovery Annee. Thanks for sharing your experience.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
Agree wholeheartedly.

Not long after my father died of bowel cancer I had a colonoscopy at 31. They found a carinoid tumor in my colon, and a subsequent one 3 months later. Fortunately I’ve been clear since but have had the camera up the back passange on a regular basis since.

My old man passing probably saved my life.

If you haven’t had a colonoscopy and you’re already 50, I’d strongly recommend you do something about it.

Chelsea Tractor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
So glad you caught this in time! - Giving yourself time to recover is essential
Also would like to point out for males, get your PSA checked at every physical. They already take a blood sample, this is just another test they do with the sample they have. Like Annee, no symptoms but if they catch it early a friend would have avoided his current Stage 4

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
@Annee, so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It’s great that you caught it early. Rest up, get well soon and get that trip under your belt.

We can’t wait to hear about it.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

Best Wishes

Proud of your for taking an active approach! I want to add that colon cancer risks can be reduced substantially by drinking your 8 glasses of water a day. Something like 40-60% reduction. And that can’t be the only one to benefit.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,

Best Wishes

Jeez, you can’t catch a break Annee. Glad you jumped in early wishing you all the best.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hope all is well and you're on the road soon.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

Best Wishes

Hi Annee, prayers that the testing comes back with good news. My sister-in-law had stage 4 and has now been clear for 7 years now. Looking forward to your future Scottish 500 Drive. DaBull

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anne - Best wishes for a full recovery. Sorry you missed this trip, but also kinda glad you did!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

Best Wishes

Annee
Thank you for the heads up and wishing you nothing but the best going forward. This year, my sister had a mastectomy for similar reasons. She was informed, no chemo required and is now well on the way to recovery. Cancer affects us all, directly or indirectly at some time. None of us are alone when it comes to this dreadful affliction.
Looking forward to adding a smilie and thumbs up when you complete your NW500 tour.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Annee ,

I've pushed out my colonoscopy for a year but I think you've convinced me to get it done. Best wishes that it's over for you and you can focus on recovery!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

Best Wishes

Annee,

So sad for your cancer diagnosis but glad it was discovered sooner rather than later! Hoping and praying for your quick and complete recovery!

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:54 AM
Reaction score
I follow you on Instagram and your photo was on my timeline. I wish you all the best for a fast recovery Annee. Hopefully you can jump as soon as possible back in your grenadier to continue your adventures Journey ! Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom