The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

A stranger returns.

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
Hello all !

As some of you are aware that since November I have been battling cancer and had surgery, I'm now on daily chemotherapy for another couple of months, this has completely wiped me out and even opening my laptop seems a huge effort at times let alone read threads and reply.
Anyhow, I thought I'd pop in and say Hi once again, the one thing that has taken my mind off everything I'm going through is my Grenadier !
It seems that when I drive it I am super happy zooming around the Sussex countryside, still swearing at "Pretender Defender" drivers on their school runs and many more, my vehicle makes me feel invincible even though I know I'm not.
My Scottish North coast trip is still on hold but will get there asap.

I wanted to show you all my checker plates that I have just had fitted, strangely they are not available from Ineos UK so I had them shipped over from the US, they had to receive them from the UK, have them sent to the US and then sent to me here...utter madness in my opinion.
Someone said that I shouldn't have them incase I hit someone and they fly off decapitating someone...I think if you're going to be hit by a Grenadier thenthe checker plates will be the least of ones worries.

I have clocked up 18,000 miles now since last April, I love every part of it and cannot wait to drive off with the dogs on a very long awaited trip.

Have a great day all.

Annee (Instagram grenadier_girl)
IMG_9482.jpeg

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
Hello all !

As some of you are aware that since November I have been battling cancer and had surgery, I'm now on daily chemotherapy for another couple of months, this has completely wiped me out and even opening my laptop seems a huge effort at times let alone read threads and reply.
Anyhow, I thought I'd pop in and say Hi once again, the one thing that has taken my mind off everything I'm going through is my Grenadier !
It seems that when I drive it I am super happy zooming around the Sussex countryside, still swearing at "Pretender Defender" drivers on their school runs and many more, my vehicle makes me feel invincible even though I know I'm not.

I wanted to show you all my checker plates that I have just had fitted, strangely they are not available from Ineos UK so I had them shipped over from the US, they had to receive them from the UK, have them sent to the US and then sent to me here...utter madness in my opinion.
Someone said that I shouldn't have them incase I hit someone and they fly off decapitating someone...I think if you're going to be hit by a Grenadier thenthe checker plates will be the least of ones worries.

I have clocked up 18,000 miles now since last April, I love every part of it and cannot wait to drive off with the dogs on a very long awaited trip.

Have a great day all.

View attachment 7849475
Hi @Annee it's nice to see you here again. I'm glad your Grenadier is taking your mind off everything you're going through. I hope that his strength is transferred to you and that you regain more stability. I wish you all the best!

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all !

Have a great day all.

View attachment 7849475

Hi, welcome back - and best wishes to you for a great summer zooming around in your Grenadier!

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome back - glad you are on the recovery path too.
Never give up, never surrender ...
Hi Miki - did you see we're getting a (small scale probably) meet for coffee just north of Stirling? Tuesday 2nd April, 10am, Smiddy Farm Shop, Blair Drummond - check out the Scottish Grenadiers social group.

Reactions: PBD

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all !

Have a great day all.

View attachment 7849475
What a coincidence!! Only a few hours ago I was thinking it was time to start a new thread to see if anyone knew how you were getting on. Great to have you back and to see that your Grenadier continues to enthuse you. All really good news.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
I didn’t actually know you had been diagnosed with cancer and I’m sad to hear that. Keep up the good fight and I know you will be fine.

Truck looks good and I share your frustrations with having to get something made in the UK (Derby ??) shipped to America to then have it shipped back. I tried to pick some up in South Africa recently but they would fit in my suitcase 😂

Now waiting for someone to share a template and have the made myself.

Don’t be a stranger and keep on posting and joining in when you feel up to it.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
Hello all !

Have a great day all.

View attachment 7849475
Hi Annee, It's Great to hear from you. I am glad you have had the Grenadier to inspire you forward. There is something mystical and restorative about it.
I love the checker plates, roof top tent. What awning did you get? DaBull

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great to hear from you Annee. The weather is improving slowly and it will be soon time for further adventures!! Keep smiling and occasionally lift up the laptop lid to let us know of your latest news.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all !

Have a great day all.

View attachment 7849475
Glad to hear you’re on the mend @Annee, and well done on the checker plate, by hook or crook right ;) It looks great. Can’t wait to hear about the Grand tour of Scotland.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Annee,
Welcome back! You absence was duly noted. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Glad you're getting the treatment you need and prayers out for you to have as easy a recovery process as possible. Keep your spirits up. It will get better, but it may get slightly worse first or just go sideways before it finally improves. I was also diagnosed with cancer May of 2023 and had chemo through the summer and autumn, with some complications, drug reactions and immuno-compromise, ultimately with a clear PET scan at the end of September. Take the time you need to rest and mend, don't be afraid to ask others for help, and accept help offered. I'm stubborn and try to do things myself, at times to my own detriment. We'll be looking forward to your adventures when you're back out there and posting about them!

Back
Top Bottom