The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS AIR FILTER PART NUMBERS

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
DRAFT - STILL BEING COMPILED

BACKGROUND

The Table lists possible third-party suppliers of air filters for the INEOS Grenadier B57 Diesel Motor (the air filter is also used on the B58 NEEDS CONFRIMATION).

When in doubt use the INEOS air filter. The INEOS filter is 68mm thick. The 68mm includes the rubber/silicone seal on the top of the filter. Some other BMW air filters are the same shape but a different thickness.

BRANDPART NO:MADE IN/COMMENT
INEOSGRA-3B02-008230
OEM EI-0000008230
Air filter made in Romania, by Mahle. Images here thanks to @Tinki
K&N FILTERSThere has been issues with K&N filter being used on BMW motors, for example here. Therefore, I will not list a K&N filter part number.
MAHLELX3985/1Thanks to @ninetubes here and @Clark Kent here. Air filter made in Romania.
RYCODo not buy it. Not compatible with the Grenadier. See review below. Made in Bulgaria.
WESFILWA5440Do not buy it. The air filter is only 58mm thick, whereas the OEM filter is 68mm thick. I can only go on website descriptions say, and they are saying 58mm.

Last edited:

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DRAFT - STILL BEING COMPILED

BACKGROUND

The Table lists possible third-party suppliers of air filters for the INEOS Grenadier B57 Diesel Motor (the air filter is also used on the B58 NEEDS CONFRIMATION).

When in doubt use the INEOS air filter. The INEOS filter is 68mm thick. The 68mm includes the rubber/silicone seal on the top of the filter. Some other BMW air filters are the same shape but a different thickness.

BRANDPART NO:MADE IN/COMMENT
INEOSGRA3A02008220
OEM EI-0000008153
Air filter made in Romania, by Mahle. Images here thanks to @Tinki
MAHLELX3985/1Thanks to @ninetubes here and @Clark Kent here. Air filter made in Romania.
RYCOA2051Probably the best option in Australia for third party air filters.
WESFIL or
WESFIL COOPER
WA5440Do not buy it. The air filter is only 58mm thick, whereas the OEM filter is 68mm thick. I can only go on website descriptions say, and they are saying 58mm.

I have the INEOS part number as GRA3B02008230 ??

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the INEOS part number as GRA3B02008230 ??
I copied and pasted that number from the Purnell Adventure Invoice. I will check against the Part number on the air filter box itself.

The box says GRA-3B02-008230. Table corrected.

The OEM Part number on the box was different also. I need to keep an eye on this and work out why there was a difference.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bought the RYCO A2051 air filter to check compatibility. DO NOT BUY IT. It is not compatible with the Grenadier. It is the wrong shape, it is too thick and not the correct orientation.

The two filters stacked on each other, showing they are not the same shape.
IMG_8904.jpg

The two filters are not even orientated the same way, they only "align" (very roughly) if I turn the RYCO filter upside down. The RYCO filter was about 4mm thicker than the INEOS (I did not do an exact measurement as it was obviously too thick).

IMG_8905.jpg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So far only the INEOS and Mahle air filters work (Mahle make the INEOS filter). No luck in tracking down which BMW Part number which maybe compatible.

While I have not posted any comment so far, I have concerns about the SAKURA FA-30980. They say it is compatible with the B57 motor, but it does look the right shape for the INEOS. Best to stick with the INEOS air filter for now.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
Interestingly I put the filter number into google and got this..........good if you want to...er....race your Grenadier

1713249521044.jpg

Back
Top Bottom