The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Suspension and Wheel and Tire upgrade

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello,
I am considering Eibach 2.5 springs or the Reiger/KW coilovers . Does anyone on the forum have experience with Reiger/KW? I know Le Tech, and now Adrenalin Vans/HQ here in the US are selling them. I like the idea of adjustability, but I don't want have to rebuild shocks often.

Also, I love the Owl Talon wheels, but I am concerned about the second valve stem. I have seen valve stems ripped of by rocks on the trail. Am I over thinking this or does the wheel design help prevent it?

Thanks!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The double valve is beneficial if you are deflating and inflating often. You can always get Stan deflate system for a low cost.

What's wrong with getting the longer coils or are you looking for new shocks too.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
The springs alone won't alter your overall suspension travel (nor will it actually increase tire clearance at full compression, unless the bump stops are replaced as well).

I'm not sure of anyone on the forum who has the KW/Reiger set up, but KW is a very well known brand in the on-road and motorsports segments. With that being said, with multitudes of adjustment comes multitudes of variability and the ability to negatively alter the ride quality. Having adjustable shocks on my Sprinter, I can say they do get used, but primarily because it needs very stiff shock settings on the highway to limit the effect of cross winds as well as needs a very soft setting for off road to try to not rattle the interior to pieces. Your usage will determine whether or not an adjustable setup is worthwhile for you.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The springs alone won't alter your overall suspension travel (nor will it actually increase tire clearance at full compression, unless the bump stops are replaced as well).

I'm not sure of anyone on the forum who has the KW/Reiger set up, but KW is a very well known brand in the on-road and motorsports segments. With that being said, with multitudes of adjustment comes multitudes of variability and the ability to negatively alter the ride quality. Having adjustable shocks on my Sprinter, I can say they do get used, but primarily because it needs very stiff shock settings on the highway to limit the effect of cross winds as well as needs a very soft setting for off road to try to not rattle the interior to pieces. Your usage will determine whether or not an adjustable setup is worthwhile for you.
Are you saying mileage will vary

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you saying mileage will vary
Always :)

And any increase in suspension height may come with a (slight) hit to fuel mileage as well due to the alteration of aerodynamics and increased airflow under the vehicle

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score

And any increase in suspension height may come with a (slight) hit to fuel mileage as well due to the alteration of aerodynamics and increased airflow under the vehicle
That's the first time I have heard anyone use aerodynamics and Grenadier in the same sentence and not also use the word "brick".

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

at this rate, one should consider a spoiler to keep doward forces on the IG so it doesn't flip

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
I'm sure someone will come up with a front spoiler.
People can't resist bolting stuff on.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The double valve is beneficial if you are deflating and inflating often. You can always get Stan deflate system for a low cost.

What's wrong with getting the longer coils or are you looking for new shocks too.
Double valve is beneficial for airing down I agree, I am still worried about twice as many possible valves being removed by rocks.

Nothing is wrong with the longer coils. I do not need the adjustability of the KW/Reiger but would love to hear from anyone who has used their product offroad.

Thanks for the input. Keep it coming.

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone had experience with selling their OEM alloys? I am planning to get the Owl Talons and putting some Toyo 35x11.5s on there (I also have the Eibach springs), but I would need to get some decent $ out of the 18" OEM alloy wheel and tire package. Wondering if anyone has a sense of the potential market on that.

Back
Top Bottom