The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Raised Air Intake Delete - Part Numbers Needed

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
I, like several others here on the forum (@DaBull), am wanting to remove the RAI on my Trialmaster when I take ownership of it and replace it with the factory blanking plates on the A-Pillar and Fender. I have searched extensively but have failed to find the associated parts numbers for these items on the forum (though I do recall many months ago someone posting these?) So far this topic seems to have been most discussed Here (Where @Paco Garcia posted the knock off fender cover from AliExpress) and Here (Where INEOS America stated these parts would be available from an authorized retail partner).

I spoke to my dealer (Curry Ineos in CT) who stated these part numbers "were not yet available", I find this to be unlikely and assume they simply didn't want to deal with the matter.

My hope is the collective Global Community of Grenadier owners and Authorized dealers here on the forum can some how manage to find these part numbers, and possibly even provide a solution for ordering these parts.

Now many will be tempted to respond to this with: "Why would you order it if you didn't want it?"..."Why not just switch parts with someone who has these parts?"...etc.
To you I say, We all have our reasons. However I can't help but explain myself....My long term intentions are to use the Grenadier for all its off-road capability, but in the short term she will be a pavement princess and I prefer the aesthetics of the "Non-RAI Look" but plan to put it back on when I intend to use it as more of a dedicated off pavement vehicle.

Now lets see this place work its magic!!

Last edited:

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bumping this ...(Picking up my IG in a week!)

Maybe a kind soul out there could pull the two screws off the A-Pillar filler plates and take a look at the back for a part number?? 🙏

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
They might be in the INEOS accessories fitting guide or the Accessories Brochure. I will try and find them.

EDIT: Accessories Fitting guide is the Donaldson filter.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry it was not what I was hoping. The UK Flag comes with the cover.
1708575087710.png

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi TheDocAUS, I like it. Even though I am in the USA, I like flying the UK Flag as this where the Grenadier was born.
Have you found the blanking plates for the A-Pillar?
I do not ever remember seeing those. Another INEOS secret.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if it's worth trying, but there's one on EBAY (obviously not OEM).

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure if it's worth trying, but there's one on EBAY (obviously not OEM).
Oh that one contains the A-pillar plates too, nice! For $60 it’s worth a try, I just ordered it. Good find @Krabby

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ask your dealer if anyone ordered theirs with the American Flag option. They replace the entire panel.

Mdubs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m kind of in the opposite camp. I ordered without the RAI. I asked Triad if I could add it later and they said it was a factory option, not a dealer so they couldn’t help me. Anyone with access to the parts catalog know all the part numbers to order the RAI?

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
I have removed the RAI twice now and still cannot determine how to remove the yellow side marker lamp to save my hide. I have a call into a tech at the Dealer that supposedly has completed this task for some guidance. I will post a detailed tutorial once I receive all of the parts and some guidance from the dealer. By the way, so far it is a total PITA!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By the way, so far it is a total PITA!
From what I've been told by people who have done it, this statement holds true

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Just ordered through my dealer and this is what he sent me for the blanking plates on the A pillar.

View attachment 7845706
To make it easier for the search function

RAI (raised air intake) a pillar blanking plates/covers

GRA-7d31-008070 Attachment Cover (2 required)
GRA-0000-003710 Screw m6x12 (4 required)

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From what I've been told by people who have done it, this statement holds true

WOULD LOVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE THIS. PLEASE MAKE THE CONNECTION OF POSSIBLE.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK, blessings from above. I spoke to a good friend who told me to try something new.....get channel lock pliers and GENTLY squeeze the amber light, turn to the left, if no movement, try the right. His quote "you know how Brits are...try to the right first!" Well it worked perfectly! Now I am just waiting on the blanking plates to show up which I am sure might be a hot minute! Once the blanks show up, I'll provide a full pictorial on the install.

Back
Top Bottom