The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Steady on mate, we haven't found The Lost Ark, Atlantis and everything that ever went missing in the Bermuda Triangle yet!
Can we bump Buster Crabb and Lord Lucan up the list a bit...just after the Holy Grail

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I found the cable ends in the engine bay and in the footwell.
1) Engine bay:
If you stand in front of the vehicle, the ends are on the right-hand side, directly in front of the brake fluid reservoir. They are difficult to see because they are attached to the wiring harness with tape. I have removed the tape.
2 Footwell
The cable ends are located in the footwell on the outside. To do this, the lower a-pillar trim must be removed. Some experience in handling nipples is helpful.
Here, too, the cables are attached to the cable assembly with tape, which I have removed.
I will put sockets (probably Deutsch plugs) in each case so that I can connect devices if necessary.
I plan to do the same for the boot. Here it will be really fun with the nipples, too.

Attachments

• IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2080.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 254

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1) Engine bay:
If you stand in front of the vehicle, the ends are on the right-hand side, directly in front of the brake fluid reservoir. They are difficult to see because they are attached to the wiring harness with tape. I have removed the tape.
2 Footwell
The cable ends are located in the footwell on the outside. To do this, the lower a-pillar trim must be removed. Some experience in handling nipples is helpful.
Here, too, the cables are attached to the cable assembly with tape, which I have removed.
I will put sockets (probably Deutsch plugs) in each case so that I can connect devices if necessary.
I plan to do the same for the boot. Here it will be really fun with the nipples, too.
Top prize of the week goes to rovie - well done that man 💪

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
1) Engine bay:
2 Footwell
clapping.gif

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that's true, but I'm also remembering all the trips to country house hotels & London for sales training and product familiarisation. I guess it's time to find out who paid attention and who sat at the back hungover from the free bar the night before.

At the very worst, I hope to get an Ineos contact who will be able to answer these questions, even if they need to go back to Hambach and ask production line Pierre where he hid them?
Well the upshot from my agent visit this morning was, on the whole excellent, however, on this particular sets of points, both the agent and top techie could shed no light on the positions of the outlets for the following:

Switch EXT1 - 10amp under bonnet outlet - can someone show me the outlet?
Switch EXT4 - 500amp high load under bonnet outlet - can someone show me the outlet?
Switch EXT5 - 25amp medium load under bonnet outlet - can someone show me the outlet?
Switch INT1 & INT2 - 10amp interior outlets in the footwells - can someone show me the outlets?

My query is being escalated to Ineos HQ.

Edit - well I should read earlier posts first - scratch a few of these...but is the under bonnet one 10amp or 25amp? The 25amp one not being standard but part of the auxiliary high load option?

PS Well done that man - @rovie .

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1) Engine bay:
2 Footwell
Well done that man. Open a bottle early tonight 👍
Next I'll take the shine off the discovery and ask what fuse protects the under bonnet circuit.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Well the upshot from my agent visit this morning was, on the whole excellent, however, on this particular sets of points, both the agent and top techie could shed no light on the positions of the outlets for the following:

Switch EXT4 - 500amp high load under bonnet outlet - can someone show me the outlet?
Switch INT1 & INT2 - 10amp interior outlets in the footwells - can someone show me the outlets?

In my case I have a winch, and it only works when I activate the EXT4 - 500 amp + the rest of the procedure (motor running, Neutral position, remote control, ...)
Switch INT1 activates the external Deutsch connector at the front right side of the car (roof). I hope this is a wiring mistake!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In my case I have a winch, and it only works when I activate the EXT4 - 500 amp + the rest of the procedure (motor running, Neutral position, remote control, ...)
Yes that sounds absolutely correct for you; but I don't have a winch but was expecting to see an available outlet somewhere.
Switch INT1 activates the external Deutsch connector at the front right side of the car (roof). I hope this is a wiring mistake!
I don't think there's any version of the Owner's manual or leaked guide that can explain that one for you! Of course, you may actually be the only one to have tested it so far! It's hard to think in a production scenario that just one is done your way?

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
and losers price for Ineos for the lack of information :mad: :mad: :devilish:

@Jean Mercier You are absolutely right!

I had asked the Regional Aftersales Manager UK, MENA INEOS Automotive specifically for this same information only to be advised "We do have generic photos, however they do not pinpoint the location. I will try and secure some official photos of the outlets."

Some vehicles are actually now with their customers, yet there is zero information as to access to the 3D guides and workshop, repair and parts manuals. These guides are now live and accessible via the agents' portals but not it seems to customers . The Ineos promise all along the journey, and as stated on their website, has been:
"3D GUIDES AND REPAIR MANUALS
We know you might want to do some work yourself. So, we’ve designed and engineered the Grenadier to be easy to work on inside and out. To help you we’ll provide online repair manuals, with support from the technical team at INEOS HQ just a call or a click away.
Of course, a 21st century vehicle comes with electronics best left to our master technicians, but your Owner’s Handbook and online ‘How To’ guides can help you carry out your own simple mechanical maintenance. You’ll also find every component broken down on screen in the online interactive animated 3D repair manual.
"

Customers with vehicles NEED access now.

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Switch EXT1 - 10amp under bonnet outlet - can someone show me the outlet?
Switch EXT5 - 25amp medium load under bonnet outlet - can someone show me the outlet?

Edit - well I should read earlier posts first - scratch a few of these...but it the under bonnet one 10amp or 25amp? The 25amp one not being standard but part of the auxiliary high load option?

PS Well done that man - @rovie .
1) Engine bay:
2 Footwell
Here's the other challenge please. Can we find the outlets for the high load auxiliary switches.
Note, I've pondered over Rovie's suggestion of having experience and fun with nipples.... perhaps something is lost in translation? 😀

1684259212342.jpeg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier You are absolutely right!

I had asked the Regional Aftersales Manager UK, MENA INEOS Automotive specifically for this same information only to be advised "We do have generic photos, however they do not pinpoint the location. I will try and secure some official photos of the outlets."
Brilliant - can I ask that it includes the high load one for people specifically WITHOUT a winch.
Some vehicles are actually now with their customers, yet there is zero information as to access to the 3D guides and workshop, repair and parts manuals. These guides are now live and accessible via the agents' portals but not it seems to customers .
At the agents today, they told be they had very limited access to info - I asked to see a wiring schematic.
To help you we’ll provide online repair manuals, with support from the technical team at INEOS HQ just a call or a click away.
They seem to not to want to take calls from or engage with us at the moment...

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am theorising here - but is it just possible that the team at Ineos HQ (no doubt all recruited from high-performance automotive jobs elsewhere) are simply not used to the type of customer base they aimed the IG at?

As in - people who want to know how stuff works/add stuff/tinker and modify?

Of course the glossy adverts initially said differently and encouraged innovation options - but perhaps we are all causing a bit of a panic at the HQ.

We are not your typical "appliance operators".

If so - I genuinely think Sir Jim would be appalled as I believe he "gets it".

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am theorising here - but is it just possible that the team at Ineos HQ (no doubt all recruited from high-performance automotive jobs elsewhere) are simply not used to the type of customer base they aimed the IG at?

Of course the glossy adverts initially said differently and encouraged innovation options - but perhaps we are all causing a bit of a panic at the HQ.

Can't agree more. I'm not sure of the customer demographics but I'll take a guess that many of us have experience, perhaps by necessity of maintaining/repairing/building vehicles and I suspect this was a market targeted by I.A. I for one was drawn to this vehicle on the basis of relative simplicity and the ability to DIY maintenance/repairs if I'm stuck out in the boondocks somewhere. CAD drawings were said to be provided and did I read somewhere electrical schematics of some sort? I'm hoping this is still the case but when customers have to locate electrical outlets as the dealer/agents have no idea then I'm not so confident. Do we know if a service manual is available on line or otherwise? I'm sure many owners would like to at least check their fluid levels and know what fluids to use - diffs, trans, coolant, steering etc and after all the manual does say to weekly check some of these things. I can see the engine oil specs mentioned in the owners manual and it is possible I've missed the other fluid specs? And then who can explain why the engine oil dip stick must not be used to measure engine oil content - I'm sure there's a reason and just curious. Fingers crossed all will be revealed and that schematics and a service manual becomes available on line sooner rather than later. On an aside would be real handy if someone develops a bi-directional scan tool. Still keen to get my hands on one and hopefully soon.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Actually, all you say chimes with the article linked here:

As for Sir Jim being appalled, I recall the video were he references having to shout at the marketing people; maybe he needs to shout at someone else again?

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1) Engine bay:
2 Footwell
Well done, you found the Unicorn🦄.

Can you upload a larger image for each please. I would like to see the wires in more detail.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
1) Engine bay:
2 Footwell
Is the one in the engine bay the 10A or 25A tail?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Of course it is possible they have made the aux. power connections as "easter eggs" to be found and when you do, you level up.
@rovie is now a level 200 wizard. Also, I would argue that if he puts either of those photos in the May photo comp. he should automatically win.

Back
Top Bottom