The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel

etbandit

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
Switch EXT4 - 500amp high load under bonnet outlet - can someone show me the outlet?
I thought the ETX4 - 500A overhead switch also supplies power to the rear NATO socket of use with the optional removable winch.

I haven't optioned any winches, but was looking to use the rear NATO to supply power to my campervan whilst towing it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Of course it is possible they have made the aux. power connections as "easter eggs" to be found and when you do, you level up.
@rovie is now a level 200 wizard. Also, I would argue that if he puts either of those photos in the May photo comp. he should automatically win.
Given his "Some experience in handling nipples is helpful." statement we should start a nipple thread. Photos could be interesting , but my old Benz has 14 nipples.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
I thought the ETX4 - 500A overhead switch also supplies power to the rear NATO socket of use with the optional removable winch.
Yes ~ sorry, I left that part out of the description because the NATO socket is there in plain sight. I have yet to try seeing if it is switched live via the EXT4 switch, but that was my working assumption.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
Given his "Some experience in handling nipples is helpful." statement we should start a nipple thread. Photos could be interesting , but my old Benz has 14 nipples.
Finally! I was afraid that I was wrong with my impression that this forum was full of reasonable, normal people as nobody made a comment about this peculiar quality one needs to find those outlets. I am somewhat reassured now and just made a note that so far @rovie seems to be the only one who a) has a Grenadier and b) has the experience needed for the job.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am theorising here - but is it just possible that the team at Ineos HQ (no doubt all recruited from high-performance automotive jobs elsewhere) are simply not used to the type of customer base they aimed the IG at?

As in - people who want to know how stuff works/add stuff/tinker and modify?

Of course the glossy adverts initially said differently and encouraged innovation options - but perhaps we are all causing a bit of a panic at the HQ.

We are not your typical "appliance operators".

If so - I genuinely think Sir Jim would be appalled as I believe he "gets it".
Spot on!! Most of us seem to be graduates of the Maurice Wilks (MW) school of practical "owner engineering" ...founded in 1948. Sir Jim R seems to subscribe to this ... in summary "we can chew gum (esp. Americans), drink beer (Rest of world) and diagnose problems and twirl a spanner all at the same time.... MW would be proud!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, I found the cable ends in the engine bay and in the footwell.
1) Engine bay:
If you stand in front of the vehicle, the ends are on the right-hand side, directly in front of the brake fluid reservoir. They are difficult to see because they are attached to the wiring harness with tape. I have removed the tape.
2 Footwell
The cable ends are located in the footwell on the outside. To do this, the lower a-pillar trim must be removed. Some experience in handling nipples is helpful.
Here, too, the cables are attached to the cable assembly with tape, which I have removed.
I will put sockets (probably Deutsch plugs) in each case so that I can connect devices if necessary.
I plan to do the same for the boot. Here it will be really fun with the nipples, too.
Does the second last sentence mean there are also cable ends in the boot area not attached to the cig socket?

Reactions: PBD

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, I found the cable ends in the engine bay and in the footwell.
1) Engine bay:
If you stand in front of the vehicle, the ends are on the right-hand side, directly in front of the brake fluid reservoir. They are difficult to see because they are attached to the wiring harness with tape. I have removed the tape.
2 Footwell
The cable ends are located in the footwell on the outside. To do this, the lower a-pillar trim must be removed. Some experience in handling nipples is helpful.
Here, too, the cables are attached to the cable assembly with tape, which I have removed.
I will put sockets (probably Deutsch plugs) in each case so that I can connect devices if necessary.
I plan to do the same for the boot. Here it will be really fun with the nipples, too.
@rovie, are the ends shrink wrapped? Two for positive and ground? Is there enough space behind the trims for USB sockets (with 12v to 5v buck)?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@rovie, are the ends shrink wrapped? Two for positive and ground? Is there enough space behind the trims for USB sockets (with 12v to 5v buck)?
Yes is the short answer if you use Deustch DT plugs (not sure about Deustch DTP plugs). See more information at the provided link.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does the second last sentence mean there are also cable ends in the boot area not attached to the cig socket?
If so what would they be switched via in terms of provided switches?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes is the short answer if you use Deustch DT plugs (not sure about Deustch DTP plugs). See more information at the provided link.
In my mind I had something like this as being an ideal setup:
il_794xN.4810306460_4e5a.jpg
il_794xN.3535305272_3r2z.jpg

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Yes, they are wrapped. I haven't had time to look at it in peace yet. I want to put sockets and will also find a way and then of course post here. The space should be sufficient. But I can not yet say when it fits with me in terms of time.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do not think so. At least there would no longer be a separate free switch on the roof for this. But I will see after disassembly. I want to put me a German socket and get the supply line from the front footwell.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I haven't optioned any winches, but was looking to use the rear NATO to supply power to my campervan whilst towing it.
Yes, that is right. I also have no winches and I wanted to use the NATO socket. But at the moment this is not possible. What a pity. Only vehicles with integrated front winch can use it, because only in this case there is voltage on the socket when the switch is on.
This is a software problem that Ineos is working on. This should be taken into account in an update.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Could someone be so kind to please photograph one of the high power auxiliary power plugs on the roof thanks. Can we confirm these are Deutsch DTP type? And do they come with both the female and male socket/plug or do we need to purchase the male or female? Thanks in advance.

1684325255876.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could someone be so kind to please photograph one of the high power auxiliary power plugs on the roof thanks. Can we confirm these are Deutsch DTP type? And do they come with both the female and male socket/plug or do we need to purchase the male or female? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 7812224
"search"is your friend... look at thread "Universal Parts List" @TheDocAUS has put in an an extraordinary effort on all matters "Deutsch" ....

Back
Top Bottom