The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
"search"is your friend... look at thread "Universal Parts List" @TheDocAUS has put in an an extraordinary effort on all matters "Deutsch" ....
Or scan the media library. There are several pics of those parts linked to an extensive discussion on the topic.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
Yes, that is right. I also have no winches and I wanted to use the NATO socket. But at the moment this is not possible. What a pity. Only vehicles with integrated front winch can use it, because only in this case there is voltage on the socket when the switch is on.
This is a software problem that Ineos is working on. This should be taken into account in an update.
I was a little surprised when I read this earlier; not that I doubted your information; but I did check myself on my own vehicle this afternoon. I tried with engine off and engine on - the 500 amp switch illuminates but no voltage at the NATO socket.

I think I feel a little peeved at Ineos for not pointing this out to me prior to collection - I might even be persuaded to say dishonest, depending on when they knew of this fault. @rovie can you shed any light on the history of this?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
Could someone be so kind to please photograph one of the high power auxiliary power plugs on the roof thanks. Can we confirm these are Deutsch DTP type? And do they come with both the female and male socket/plug or do we need to purchase the male or female? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 7812224
@bakepl here you go. They come with both the female (plug) and male (socket).

Attachments

• IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2089.jpg
    IMG_2089.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 111

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well done, you found the Unicorn🦄.

Can you upload a larger image for each please. I would like to see the wires in more detail.
@TheDocAUS here you go. The next few days I will be very busy, so I won't be able to make any progress at the moment. As soon as I continue working on the cable ends, I will post photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2091.jpg
    IMG_2091.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 112
Local time
Reaction score
I'm contemplating taking this off my build. I may not miss it. I just never follow through with many upgrades. let alone buying something that makes them easier to install

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was a little surprised when I read this earlier; not that I doubted your information; but I did check myself on my own vehicle this afternoon. I tried with engine off and engine on - the 500 amp switch illuminates but no voltage at the NATO socket.

I think I feel a little peeved at Ineos for not pointing this out to me prior to collection - I might even be persuaded to say dishonest, depending on when they knew of this fault. @rovie can you shed any light on the history of this?
At this point in time, unfortunately, no. But I assume that this did not happen consciously. Therefore, I would also be cautious towards the dealers who may not even know and also towards INEOS. I assume that they have an interest in resolving the issue for us. Maybe it's just a small thing in the software programme.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, I found the cable ends in the engine bay.
1) Engine bay:
If you stand in front of the vehicle, the ends are on the right-hand side, directly in front of the brake fluid reservoir. They are difficult to see because they are attached to the wiring harness with tape. I have removed the tape.
For us RHD vehicles the brake fluid reservoir is on the left side as you look at the engine. Where you have the brake fluid reservoir, we appear to have the under bonnet fuse box.

So the question is whether the looms are handed or the outlets are identical? I dug around in the location of yours and came up blank. Not so on the other side the two plastic sheathed wires are very visible located in front of the air box and just behind the red jump start terminal:
WP_20230517_064.jpgWP_20230517_065.jpgWP_20230517_074.jpg

They are very tightly bound back into one of the looms, and there's not much spare cable immediately available to make new terminations.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
At this point in time, unfortunately, no. But I assume that this did not happen consciously. Therefore, I would also be cautious towards the dealers who may not even know and also towards INEOS. I assume that they have an interest in resolving the issue for us. Maybe it's just a small thing in the software programme.
I hope so as I intended to use the NATO plug from time to time.
As I understand it’s a dead plug at the moment, or didn’t I understand the problem right? So if you would have ordered the optional portable winch there wouldn’t be a way to use it at the moment.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
For us RHD vehicles the brake fluid reservoir is on the left side as you look at the engine. Where you have the brake fluid reservoir, we appear to have the under bonnet fuse box.

So the question is whether the looms are handed or the outlets are identical? I dug around in the location of yours and came up blank. Not so on the other side the two plastic sheathed wires are very visible located in front of the air box and just behind the red jump start terminal:
View attachment 7812264View attachment 7812265View attachment 7812266

They are very tightly bound back into one of the looms, and there's not much spare cable immediately available to make new terminations.
Will stick an Anderson plug on that one

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone had one delivered with the roof lights bar yet? If so can you confirm that it is connected to the dip switch so it comes on and off with high beam if switched on?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone had one delivered with the roof lights bar yet? If so can you confirm that it is connected to the dip switch so it comes on and off with high beam if switched on?
I don't have an LED bar on the roof, but I just did a quick check. Switch 2: Roof front right
Switch 3: Roof both left and rear right. The ignition must be switched on.
It works.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand it’s a dead plug at the moment, or didn’t I understand the problem right? So if you would have ordered the optional portable winch there wouldn’t be a way to use it at the moment.
If you don't have a front winch, yes. Just wait and see.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Given @Jean Mercier's observations regarding the wiring of his switch pack, I'm surprised nobody else seems to have checked theirs and reported back?

It's on my list, but a little way down.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand it’s a dead plug at the moment,
Correct.
So if you would have ordered the optional portable winch there wouldn’t be a way to use it at the moment.
Also correct.

I also would like to understand what software interactions are required in wiring a large cable between a battery and a socket and how that figures in the reliability and dependability matrix?

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not answer your question correctly. The front right roof outlet only switches with the roof switch. The operation of the high beam alone does not switch this outlet.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not answer your question correctly. The front right roof outlet only switches with the roof switch. The operation of the high beam alone does not switch this outlet.
What I am getting to is that for it to be legal for on road use here, it would need to be switchable on and off AND linked to the dip switch so if the switch is on, putting high beam in would turn on the lighbar and dipping the lights would turn off the lightbar

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What I am getting to is that for it to be legal for on road use here, it would need to be switchable on and off AND linked to the dip switch so if the switch is on, putting high beam in would turn on the lighbar and dipping the lights would turn off the lightbar
Yes, I had understood that from you as well. But that doesn't seem to be the case. At least in a hurry, I could not understand it that way. I'll have to look at it again at my leisure.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I had understood that from you as well. But that doesn't seem to be the case. At least in a hurry, I could not understand it that way. I'll have to look at it again at my leisure.
Thanks for that

Back
Top Bottom