The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah the roof mounted power is a great feature for those of us running a rooftent or work/camp lights on a roof rack.

its a pricey option, but compared to the aggravation of doing it yourself, it seems a no brainer

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if any of those external electrical sockets could be re-purposed to feed a coaxial two-way radio antenna cable to the roof? The antenna itself could then be attached to the adjacent tie down rail (give or take ground plane considerations).

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
To clarify, my idea would be to route a dedicated coaxial antenna cable from the interior to the outside box that is used to provide electrical power at the roof, so as to not have to drill a hole (for a NMO connector) through the roof itself.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
To clarify, my idea would be to route a dedicated coaxial antenna cable from the interior to the outside box that is used to provide electrical power at the roof, so as to not have to drill a hole (for a NMO connector) through the roof itself.
Yeah can't see why that wouldn't work, may be a fiddly job depending on how and when the cables are run during production

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
Maybe this is a 3D printing matter. There seems to be a plastic housing for the sockets. It might be possible to replace this housing with an own design which keeps the car side mounting part of the housing but allows for an extended set of sockets.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
I asked INOES 3 weeks ago for a detailed description of what exactly this option included. I got another email back last night saying......... we will send you an email as soon as we know some details.
:rolleyes:

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Yeah can't see why that wouldn't work, may be a fiddly job depending on how and when the cables are run during production
I prefer the two-way antenna mounted on the roo bar. I currently have a rigid antenna mounted such that the tip is slightly higher than my roofrack. It’s a great height clearance warning / indicator.

Local time
Reaction score
On display at the game fair at Ragley Hall a PT02 with a raised portion in the garb handle recess was informed that it will babe the position of connection box not present in other prototypes .

AUX CON.jpg

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
This is how the connection box on the roof looks like. There are four of them.

Attachments

• Connection  box.jpeg
    Connection box.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 331

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is how the connection box on the roof looks like. There are four of them.
Wow, ok that’s the first time I have seen that. TBH a bit disappointing , can’t see why they need to be that intrusive and they kind of ruin both the look and the usefulness of the grab handles. Mi had assumed they would be a recessed female plug hidden unobtrusively in the housing

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Given that the auxiliary battery seemed expensive (at half the cost) until it's emerged that it could include a dc/dc charger with solar panel input and a 2000w inverter; then maybe we need to wait and see (or guess, as that's more fun now) what's included.

I have it on not very good authority that it includes slave wiring to both front & rear of vehicle with Anderson or Anderson type connectors. The intention being that the integrated winch can be plugged in at the front and the removable winch plugged in at the rear. Less clear is whether these can also double up as slave jump lead points.
Best I can tell is that it is a ctek Smartpass 120s which is basically and advanced battery isolator with a few extra tricks but not a dc dc charger and doesn’t handle solar on its own and doesn’t include an inverter94F81EE5-954B-4ED7-B326-2B5FB571B34C.jpeg

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think/hope we are looking at early prototype versions. Possibley, more about the initial engineering functionality of getting power sockets to the area than a signed off suction.
Good to hear, hope that is correct. Sorry just joined the forum so catching up.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Those outlets on the roof have Deutsche plugs and so do these worklights
One on each side and one facing rear either permanent or more likely temporary quick connect
As I am planning an awning probably an LED strip light for under the awning with white and yellow light

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It came out in one of the interviews. Can't remember if it was Toby or Justin Hocevar
Will interrogate at the Sydney 4x4 show this weekend

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just trying to workout if I should opt for the high amp switch panel as opposed to the standard, ie. 10 amp v 25 amp?
I am based in UK so no long overland expedition type journey's envisioned. I have ordered a station wagon and have been debating if this upgrade would provide me with any real value. The maximum power draw for me might be a winch (Not intended but you never know) or extra led work lighting. Any advice welcomed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just trying to workout if I should opt for the high amp switch panel as opposed to the standard, ie. 10 amp v 25 amp?
I am based in UK so no long overland expedition type journey's envisioned. I have ordered a station wagon and have been debating if this upgrade would provide me with any real value. The maximum power draw for me might be a winch (Not intended but you never know) or extra led work lighting. Any advice welcomed.
It isn't about the 10 or 25A it is the extra switches and the pre wiring from the panel to various locations around the vehicle. Also the 4 outlets on the roof

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave
So I take it the standard panel has no wire routing already in place?

Back
Top Bottom