The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
Perfect. Many thanks again Dave. If I opted for this on a ‘future proof’ basis, would you suggest I also go for the battery or could that be more easily retro fitted?
The battery system could be done later easily and many people prefer a lithium battery to the standard one they are using. However I have selected it as the C-tek controller that comes with it can handle a lithium battery and you have all the factory wiring, fuses, cabling and components with a 5 year warranty. If you do it separately you will only get a 1 year warranty on the components and probably zero on the installation.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
It looks to me that they just changed the NATO-plug against this other one wich I can’t name. If this is the connection to the portable winch (which it obviously is) than there should be a counterpart in the front . As I understood the portable winch should be able to be connected to the rear and the front. Or am I wrong on this?

Does anybody know the name of this type of plug?

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Natodose/Natosteckdose

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, maybe I wrote it missunderstandable. I am looking for the name of the one mounted on the grey one . The one with the orange and black cables

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, maybe I wrote it missunderstandable. I am looking for the name of the one mounted on the grey one . The one with the orange and black cables
Are you thinking that there are two parts here - a plug (male) and a socket (female)?

All I'm seeing is the plug (male) part - albeit it's all in black/grey rather that green/black:

ST0501-01.JPG

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you thinking that there are two parts here - a plug (male) and a socket (female)?

All I'm seeing is the plug (male) part - albeit it's all in black/grey rather that green/black:

View attachment 7793712
Maybe I am wrong, but the plug with the orange black cable from the portable winch doesn’t seem to be a NATO plug. At least the car mounted part isn’t one.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes you are probably right. Because of the missing socket with the screwable sealing cap and no olive green colour I didn’t recognise it at all.
Thank you for explaining it

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Given that the auxiliary battery seemed expensive (at half the cost) until it's emerged that it could include a dc/dc charger with solar panel input and a 2000w inverter; then maybe we need to wait and see (or guess, as that's more fun now) what's included.

I have it on not very good authority that it includes slave wiring to both front & rear of vehicle with Anderson or Anderson type connectors. The intention being that the integrated winch can be plugged in at the front and the removable winch plugged in at the rear. Less clear is whether these can also double up as slave jump lead points.
The images I have seen show a CTek Smartpass 120 which is essentially a smart battery isolator which when combined with a DC/DC charger can charge large battery banks. The downside of the Smartpass is that it does not have a solar input function.

AGM Battery and a Smartpass are are roughly AUD700 and the rest would be labour & materials - son not overly expensive. The fact that they supply an AGM and charger with no solar input will have me delete this option - I want a Lithium battery and DC/DC charger with solar input.

Cheers,

DM

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The images I have seen show a CTek Smartpass 120 which is essentially a smart battery isolator which when combined with a DC/DC charger can charge large battery banks. The downside of the Smartpass is that it does not have a solar input function.

AGM Battery and a Smartpass are are roughly AUD700 and the rest would be labour & materials - son not overly expensive. The fact that they supply an AGM and charger with no solar input will have me delete this option - I want a Lithium battery and DC/DC charger with solar input.

Cheers,

DM
And that is exactly the point! If it isn't for you then just don't select it. The same for every option pretty much. I don't want the puddle lamps but unfortunately I will have to live with them. First world problems

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had to search for the EFB battery as it wasn’t familiar to me. Despite the fact that an AGM is better in nearly any field, the EFP seems to bring a big enhancement towards the normal batteries with only a little bit higher price. For me this type seems to be a good compromise between price and power/durability.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The battery system could be done later easily and many people prefer a lithium battery to the standard one they are using. However I have selected it as the C-tek controller that comes with it can handle a lithium battery and you have all the factory wiring, fuses, cabling and components with a 5 year warranty. If you do it separately you will only get a 1 year warranty on the components and probably zero on the installation.
Are you sure about the controller? As I understand it, it is a Smartpass 120s which I don’t think is appropriate for a lithium auxiliary on it’s own. You can add a C-tek charger aftermarket to it which in theory allows lithium, but some who know more than me say it’s actually not a good system for Lithium even with the addition. If you want lithium I would leave the dual battery option unticked and add a Redarc BCDC unit and that will provide Proven Lithium capability, and solar input capacity and do a more sophisticated job of charging overall. I ordereda Trialmaster so it will come with the dual battery system anyway so I will see how it goes for a while but may pull it all out in the future and replace with Redarc and lithium

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bump ~ did you get any feedback on this?
A definite don’t know was the answer. Were a bit cagey, not sure if it was because the oerson I was speaking to was embarrassed they didn’t know or because they didn’t want to answer. Remains a mystery

Local time
Reaction score
Cant you connect a smart pass wit busbars to a D250se which has an mppt and solar input??

1663573727343.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I must admit I have lost track of what is or isn't coming with the spare battery but I am pretty sure I read a post from C-TEK that this is the combination being used for the Grenadier. Definitely the 120S and that is usually coupled with the D250SE. If not There will be plenty of space to add it once you swap from standard to Lithium

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That does look good, makes me want to sit in it at night. Perhaps I need to get out more....

Also like the port/starboard marks on the lower consol

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting photo, the foot rest on the left hand drive version is much smaller than on the right hand drive ones. Did anyone ever find out why this is and what is underneath it on the RHD version? Illuminated switches look good, be like flying a plane in my trialmaster!

Back
Top Bottom