The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
It is a difference on the US Spec car. Discussed briefly here.

US Spec car has 4 wires and other counties only three.

This may help explain the difference, in the US Owner's Manual F113 is for Amplifier/Trailer Brake Provision. In other countries it is the Air Compressor circuit. At present it is another INEOS mystery to unravel.
View attachment 7843421
Hmm I think I may check the Redarc Brake installation instructions. I have a sneaky suspicion these wires may have been used to power my electric brakes.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
Hmm I think I may check the Redarc Brake installation instructions. I have a sneaky suspicion. these wires may have been used to power my electric brakes.

Cheers

Steve
I think the black from the under seat is power per the redarc instructions. My other cables are bluish-gray, lavender, and yellow with a red stripe. Those aren't mentioned in the Redarc instructions so it's either a difference in the 24s like mine or they're extra. Will try to check this weekend.

Ccam

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Here you have it, number two being the "hardest to find" lower one (Switch EXT1, 10A), for those people with the "high load auxiliary switch panel.
Everybody should have this one in his car, even those with only one battery.
I don't think this was documented before on this forum, and even if it was, well than we have twice the information :)
View attachment 7818212

How I did? I took a medical injection needle and did put it under an angle in the insulation of the wires, and then connected my multimeter, the one I keep in my car.
[EDITED] only the "live" wire (12V) gets the injection needle, the other multimeter (black) goes to a suitable metal part of the car (ground or negative pole).
Thank You Jean! Top shelf my friend.

Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if any of those external electrical sockets could be re-purposed to feed a coaxial two-way radio antenna cable to the roof? The antenna itself could then be attached to the adjacent tie down rail (give or take ground plane considerations).
Probably not as RG (radio guide) cable is of a different physical configuration from DC power wire.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if any of those external electrical sockets could be re-purposed to feed a coaxial two-way radio antenna cable to the roof? The antenna itself could then be attached to the adjacent tie down rail (give or take ground plane considerations).
Exactly what I did with mine:

1707738762112.png

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
So after having read through the entirety of this thread (as well as searching through the forum itself) I have yet to find definitive answer as to how the winch isolator terminates under the bonnet for those of us Without the Winch but with a Front Mounted Hitch and High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel (i.e. is there a cable or wired termination point after the isolator). I searched my vehicle for about 5 minutes but these cables are pretty difficult to trace given how tight the space they occupy is, so I came here.

According to this post by @DCPU there appears to be a plugged 10 pin connector somewhere up above the bumper and behind the headlight (Right Side)... https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/high-load-auxiliary-switch-panel.12410279/post-1333177482

Has this been confirmed to be what I am looking for?

The placement of the winch isolator on my vehicle (LHD, Petrol, Trialmaster) is different than that of the photos @CountyV8 provided in this thread... https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/whats-this.12411733/

Mine is separate from the jumper terminal and located closer to the firewall (See photos) I don't know if this matters in the context of my question, but figured I would mention it.

Attachments

• tempImageUclhhc.jpg
    tempImageUclhhc.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • tempImage82yPW7.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
So after having read through the entirety of this thread (as well as searching through the forum itself) I have yet to find definitive answer as to how the winch isolator terminates under the bonnet for those of us Without the Winch but with a Front Mounted Hitch and High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel (i.e. is there a cable or wired termination point after the isolator). I searched my vehicle for about 5 minutes but these cables are pretty difficult to trace given how tight the space they occupy is, so I came here.

According to this post by @DCPU there appears to be a plugged 10 pin connector somewhere up above the bumper and behind the headlight (Right Side)... https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/high-load-auxiliary-switch-panel.12410279/post-1333177482

Has this been confirmed to be what I am looking for?

The placement of the winch isolator on my vehicle (LHD, Petrol, Trialmaster) is different than that of the photos @CountyV8 provided in this thread... https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/whats-this.12411733/

Mine is separate from the jumper terminal and located closer to the firewall (See photos) I don't know if this matters in the context of my question, but figured I would mention it.
I also optioned the front tow plate on my Trialmaster prior to learning that it's unsuitable for use with a portable winch. I haven't read all the posts but surmised that unless the Red winch was installed on the production line, then its requisite cabling was not fitted, possibly to deter (me!) fitting a portable winch....:unsure:

Last edited:

archerwolf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
I believe this connector near the rear tow hitch is part of the high load auxiliary switch panel. Does anyone know what kind of connectors fit this?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2793.jpeg
    IMG_2793.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2792.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom