The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Has anyone used Lemon Law or Buy Back?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
After having a slew of electrical gremlins, malfunctions, and errors that the dealer seems unable to repair, I am genuinely curious if anyone has "Lemoned" a Grenadier yet? I talked to the specific dealership about a "Buy Back" but they really showed ZERO interest in discussing it stating they would get me squared away via Service. I am curious about others experience with a "Buy Back" or "Lemon" process as I have never considered doing this for any other vehicle after purchasing and driving over 20 vehicles throughout the years.

Thanks!

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Good question. A couple of others in the USA that were on here have intimated they were going to try and Lemon Law their vehicles, but I’m not aware if they actually did since their postings trickled and then stopped. There have been some in Great Britain who have Lemon Lawed theirs that are written up, but they don’t really help us much since their law appears to be a Federal Law that’s both consumer friendly and pretty straightforward.

Google your State Attorney General’s website for your specific rights. Most have a dedicated Lemon Law page explaining the requirements you MUST follow, and of course all States differ in that process and especially in what the triggers are to even be able to start the formal process. Someone mentioned that some Attorneys will take cases pro bono and when successful they are paid by the buy-back Manufacturer.

For California:

Good luck and keep us posted please.

Last edited:
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
After having a slew of electrical gremlins, malfunctions, and errors that the dealer seems unable to repair, I am genuinely curious if anyone has "Lemoned" a Grenadier yet? I talked to the specific dealership about a "Buy Back" but they really showed ZERO interest in discussing it stating they would get me squared away via Service. I am curious about others experience with a "Buy Back" or "Lemon" process as I have never considered doing this for any other vehicle after purchasing and driving over 20 vehicles throughout the years.

Thanks!

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good question. A couple of others in the USA that were on here have intimated they were going to try and Lemon Law their vehicles but I’m not aware if they actually did since their postings trickled and then stopped. There have been some in Great Britain who have Lemon Lawed theirs that are written up, but they don’t really help us much since their law appears to be a Federal Law thats pretty straightforward.
Google your State Attorney General’s website for your specific rights. Most have a dedicated Lemon Law page explaining the requirements you MUST follow, and of course all States differ in that process and especially the what the triggers are to be able to even start the formal process. Someone mentioned that some Attorneys will take cases pro bono and when successful they are paid by the buy-back Manufacturer.

I have met all the requirements for the State (2 visits and/or 30 days in the shop during the first year of ownership) I have read that there are two paths you can take. The dealer can agree to buy back the vehicle acknowledging there was an issue, or hiring a lawyer and going through your State AG. I am mainly curious if anyone has completed the process, and how it went with Ineos, either dealer buy-back or State AG?

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
I have met all the requirements for the State (2 visits and/or 30 days in the shop during the first year of ownership) I have read that there are two paths you can take. The dealer can agree to buy back the vehicle acknowledging there was an issue, or hiring a lawyer and going through your State AG. I am mainly curious if anyone has completed the process, and how it went with Ineos, either dealer buy-back or State AG?
I don't think it's the dealer you talk to, It's the manufacturer that is held liable, or I thought. I doubt the dealer will be on your side in this, as THEY were supposed to fix it. Maybe that's not the case but I would have done some background before "making threats" to be sure. It looks to me like Stu and anand have manufacturer interactions. I would ask them for a contact to get to the right person.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think it's the dealer you talk to, It's the manufacturer that is held liable, or I thought. I doubt the dealer will be on your side in this, as THEY were supposed to fix it. Maybe that's not the case but I would have done some background before "making threats" to be sure. It looks to me like Stu and anand have manufacturer interactions. I would ask them for a contact to get to the right person.

You are probably right. I didn't make any threats, but they know that I am extremely unhappy as I have had issues since Day 1 and hindsight I should of rejected the vehicle within the 48 hours, but had faith that they would get the issue fixed. I know they can do buy-backs so I casually asked them what the process is for that. The quickly brushed it off and said they would get me taken care of. LOL.

Local time
Reaction score
@Jackattack13 I have not gone through this but... put together a package with all the details outlining your case. Email this to the IG Cust Sat email and cc Greg Clark (sp) and Lynn C (forgot here last name but I believe her email has been posted a few times in threads) and the dealer. Sounds like you know what your doing so I doubt this is very helpful.

Greg should be able (and want) to fix this as they would prefer that it not go to court, have you posting or see your car parked in front of the dealer with a big LEMON sign:)

At a certain point, waiting for it to get better will end up in you selling the car down the road with an even worse taste in your mouth.

Local time
Reaction score

Thanks!
In California you can choose from a multitude of Lemon Law attorneys that will take your case for no money out of your pocket. They only take cases with a high probability of winning and the manufacturer pays the fees. Really no reason to begin the process without legal representation IMHO

Last edited:

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In California you can choose from a multitude of Lemon Law attorneys that will take you case for no money our of your pocket. They only take cases with a high probability of winning and the manufacturer pays they fees. Really no reason to begin the process without legal representation IMHO

A Lemon Law attorney just took my case and will be filing next week. I think this is one of the first Lemon Law attempts in California for Ineos. I hope it goes smoothly as my patience for the electrical system has run its course. The truck had a full meltdown of faults, errors, and malfunctions yesterday and the dealership says they don't have a fix. What kind of nonsense is that? I am saddened that my experience with a vehicle I have waited years for has left such a foul taste in my mouth.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Geez that sucks @Jackattack13. Well unless your lawyer advises you not to, what @Roach said (park it conspiculously in front of dealer with L-E-M-O-N in the windows) seems like a reasonable action to take on your part while you await action from INEOS and/or dealer.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Geez that sucks @Jackattack13. Well unless your lawyer advises you not to, what @Roach said (park it conspiculously in front of dealer with L-E-M-O-N in the windows) seems like a reasonable action to take on your part while you await action from INEOS and/or dealer.
I am sure that would get some movement from the dealership. When I spoke with them about doing a direct Buy Back, they brushed me off quickly and directed me to Service. I know its a new brand and manufacturer, but as a consumer you hit a point where the excuses and lack of experience just wear you down.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
A Lemon Law attorney just took my case and will be filing next week. I think this is one of the first Lemon Law attempts in California for Ineos. I hope it goes smoothly as my patience for the electrical system has run its course. The truck had a full meltdown of faults, errors, and malfunctions yesterday and the dealership says they don't have a fix. What kind of nonsense is that? I am saddened that my experience with a vehicle I have waited years for has left such a foul taste in my mouth.
What "meltdowns" have you suffered?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

It started with crazy turn indicator sounds, like the noises a plane makes while going nose first into the ground. Then the Lane Departure sounds started acting up. Then the chimes when exiting the vehicle. Now a slew of faults and malfunction indications. LDW Malfunction, AEB Unavailable, Speed Control Assist Malfunction (Flashing Red Warnings at me for all three faults) Tyre Pressure Sensors Lost (Leaving Yellow Blinking Indicators of -- at each wheel), and a note that pops up stating "Automatic Emergency Brake Lamp Failure - Warning Lamp of AEB has a malfunction" Add that to the Christmas Tree of lights on the dash.

It's honestly just too much at this point.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It started with crazy turn indicator sounds, like the noises a plane makes while going nose first into the ground. Then the Lane Departure sounds started acting up. Then the chimes when exiting the vehicle. Now a slew of faults and malfunction indications. LDW Malfunction, AEB Unavailable, Speed Control Assist Malfunction (Flashing Red Warnings at me for all three faults) Tyre Pressure Sensors Lost (Leaving Yellow Blinking Indicators of -- at each wheel), and a note that pops up stating "Automatic Emergency Brake Lamp Failure - Warning Lamp of AEB has a malfunction" Add that to the Christmas Tree of lights on the dash.

It's honestly just too much at this point.
I'm putting money on a bad battery. I know you have exhausted your options but try putting it on a battery charger or go to a auto parts store and them test the battery. A other option, if you ha e another battery that is good, try dropping it in and see what happens.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm putting money on a bad battery. I know you have exhausted your options but try putting it on a battery charger or go to a auto parts store and them test the battery. A other option, if you ha e another battery that is good, try dropping it in and see what happens.
The battery state shows 97 percent. I have the dual battery system as well. I am going to rely on the dealership for all troubleshooting and repairs. Once I mess with it myself, the Lemon Law argument becomes a challenge.

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
The battery state shows 97 percent. I have the dual battery system as well. I am going to rely on the dealership for all troubleshooting and repairs. Once I mess with it myself, the Lemon Law argument becomes a challenge.
Sorry to hear it’s reached this point and I hope you get relief sooner rather than later. Your attorney will probably advise you to limit public communication during this process since everything you post publicly is discoverable and can be used against you.

Regardless, when it’s all said and done I hope any settlement allows you to speak about the process and solution.

Back
Top Bottom