The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
I agree.. can't be that hard to explain where all the roof switches end up!
Surely it's not that hard.... seems clear enough in the diagram, 10amp switches 2, 3 and 4 are dedicated to plugs in bonnet and footwell areas... can someone with a vehicle please ask......

wiring outlets.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
Maybe this is the thread to rival "Sick of Waiting" for those who are now owners...

We know the things are quite small, tucked up somewhere protected, and possibly dark. Us men should give up and just ask our wives to show us.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good question ~ I'd try and answer but I don't have a Belstaff edition ~ can anyone hear us waving? 👋
My Trialmaster definitely has puddle lights on the doors, will check later and see if there are any in the footwells.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Trialmaster definitely has puddle lights on the doors, will check later and see if there are any in the footwells.
Puddle lights and ambient door lighting can be configured for any model Grenadier by adding the smooth pack.

Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
I sure understand the fundamentals of electricity and electronics, that's why I dare to try to access it, the problem are the mechanical plastic pieces, there is usually an easy way to unclip them, but sometimes I discover the trick after breaking the plastic. It is a pity indeed that they don't make it a little bit easier: supplementary screws in the middle of the panel would have been OK too.
Thanks for doing this as I had the question that surely these panels were real compared to the fake lower center panel. There was no way the blank upper panel wasn't individually removable. Well shame on me ...

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So can someone please ask their dealer where they are? This is actually a very important feature that meant I spent a load more cash on the extra pack for auxiliary power - this has to be easy to find out surely?? I will email my dealer and ask - but if we all do it we may get some sort of response!!

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
So can someone please ask their dealer where they are? This is actually a very important feature that meant I spent a load more cash on the extra pack for auxiliary power - this has to be easy to find out surely?? I will email my dealer and ask - but if we all do it we may get some sort of response!!
I have emailed my Dealer but no response yet.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I already have, the Dealery do not know either, but an online system for the IG is not far away and he may be able to answer the question when that comes online.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm at the agent's tomorrow morning. I'm taking a long bendy stick with a red tip and will be asking them to point each of the EXT and INT outlets as I call out the numbers.

Should be fun... 🔢

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
I'm at the agent's tomorrow morning. I'm taking a long bendy stick with a red tip and will be asking them to point each of the EXT and INT outlets as I call out the numbers.

Should be fun... 🔢
Don’t be to hard on them. After all, they get their intel from IA.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t be to hard on them. After all, they get their intel from IA.
Yes that's true, but I'm also remembering all the trips to country house hotels & London for sales training and product familiarisation. I guess it's time to find out who paid attention and who sat at the back hungover from the free bar the night before.

At the very worst, I hope to get an Ineos contact who will be able to answer these questions, even if they need to go back to Hambach and ask production line Pierre where he hid them?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
update
There are lights in the footwells of my trialmaster, they are high up above the dashboard somewhere near the centre transmission. The drivers side one points straight at the left foot rest🤣
Perhaps Ineos thought we might miss it🤣

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Should be fun... 🔢
Kind of ironic, funny even.. all the hype about the above consul switches yet no-one seems to know where the connectors actually are or indeed if they exist. One wonders if during handover the consul switches are explained as it would seem logical at that time to also mention/point out where the connectors for the said switches are. So looking forward to receiving mine to find out.. :D

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have to say if they don’t exist, and it’s looking more and more likely they don’t, I will be quite annoyed. The lack of any outlets forward of the centre cubby box is a big oversight in a vehicle so touted as have all this electrical preparation. If those outlets are there it kind if makes up for it, as it is sort of true to making it easy for owners to customize to their own needs, but if not there, it is just a big miss. Of course it probably isn’t that hard to run wires up to there and do it yourself or have an auto elec do it, but really you shouldn’t have to.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Surely one of our "dealer/agent" forum members can ask their resident tech. who's responsible for PDI and future servicing to confirm the existence and location?

Another possibility:
Given that the "footwell" extends from windscreen to floor, perhaps a "recce" using an inspection mirror around where the footwell lights shine from "above" might reveal the connectors taped to a wiring loom up and behind the steering column... or glove box on passenger side.. Presuming they're Deutsch connectors, they may be terminated similarly to the external roof sockets with white "plugs" in the connector holes...

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that's true, but I'm also remembering all the trips to country house hotels & London for sales training and product familiarisation. I guess it's time to find out who paid attention and who sat at the back hungover from the free bar the night before.

At the very worst, I hope to get an Ineos contact who will be able to answer these questions, even if they need to go back to Hambach and ask production line Pierre where he hid them?
They are still under a bench - at Hambach

Back
Top Bottom