The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
just went onto my Grenadier account to check the latest iteration of the manual that’s if it does get updated and yes the front footwell sockets are mentioned IMG_0265.png

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
It also calls the footwell ones “outlets” in the same manner as the others, which are all finished off - ie with either plugs or sockets.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It also calls the footwell ones “outlets” in the same manner as the others, which are all finished off - ie with either plugs or sockets.
Which begs the question why has a brand new wiring looming have wires sealed with heat shrinks? And where are the elusive outlets. And why no apparent fused circuit for the under bonnet outlet. Without a workshop manual the mystery will remain.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Remember this thread:

Well I had a closer look at it today and guess what it says on the lid:
WP_20230513_011.jpg

Yes Red Winches. I have no winch fitted.

It's wired off the 3 way MTA connector (front connector) that has the jump start terminal as it's centre terminal. The jump start terminal is obviously permanently live as is the front input terminal of the "black box" (could it be a solid state solenoid?):
WP_20230513_010.jpg

The back output terminal was confirmed not live when tested. The cable appears to disappear under the inner wing and down behind the offside headlight. Try as I might I couldn't definitively chase the cable to a point, but shining a torch above the bumper and under the wing, illuminated that looks like a 10 way connector fitted with blanking plugs:
WP_20230513_145.jpg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
Remember this thread:

View attachment 7811639

It's wired off the 3 way MTA connector (front connector) that has the jump start terminal as it's centre terminal. The jump start terminal is obviously permanently live as is the front input terminal of the "black box" (could it be a solid state solenoid?):
View attachment 7811642

The back output terminal was confirmed not live when tested. The cable appears to disappear under the inner wing and down behind the offside headlight. Try as I might I couldn't definitively chase the cable to a point, but shining a torch above the bumper and under the wing, illuminated that looks like a 10 way connector fitted with blanking plugs:
View attachment 7811645
Please be careful! You might get stuck in this car some days.
And thanks for all the information and pictures you shared with us till then.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
just went onto my Grenadier account to check the latest iteration of the manual that’s if it does get updated and yes the front footwell sockets are mentioned
Well page 189 in the version I originally download is a different page, so that looks to be a newer version.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well page 189 in the version I originally download is a different page, so that looks to be a newer version.
I just wonder if you are looking high enough up. It says footwell. So to me that does not imply kick panel areas, and should you be looking immediately below where the front panel turns into the footwell. Ahhh I wish I had my Grenadier instead of guessing...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just wonder if you are looking high enough up. It says footwell. So to me that does not imply kick panel areas, and should you be looking immediately below where the front panel turns into the footwell. Ahhh I wish I had my Grenadier instead of guessing...
I am I correct in thinking the Belstaff (or Fieldmaster versions have footwell lights?) are the outlets in this area?

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7811639

The back output terminal was confirmed not live when tested. The cable appears to disappear under the inner wing and down behind the offside headlight.
So an interesting development on this today. The back output terminal was confirmed not live when tested yesterday, but was live today!

What's changed?

Well the battery has been on charge overnight and the input terminal was showing 12.6v yesterday and 13.2v today (whilst still on charge). So has the higher voltage switched the supply?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did remove the carpets at the passenger side and some other stuff to search for these auxiliary PowerPoints but I didn't find any. They are very well hidden or don't exist :mad:
20230514_160822.jpg20230514_160811.jpg20230514_120245.jpg

I also tried to remove my roof panel, to see if I could switch the connection of my wrongly wired button EXT2 to INT1 (no answer from Hedin or Ineos concerning my "small" wiring problem). The second part of the panel is "one piece". I guess the other one is also one piece. Therefore a "two piece" roof panel probably. But, after rtemoving the screws I was stuck. Probably there is still a clipping mechanism in the middle of the panel, and I didn't dare to take it off, without knowing what kind of clip it is.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am I correct in thinking the Belstaff (or Fieldmaster versions have footwell lights?) are the outlets in this area?
Good question ~ I'd try and answer but I don't have a Belstaff edition ~ can anyone hear us waving? 👋

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also tried to remove my roof panel, to see if I could switch the connection of my wrongly wired button EXT2 to INT1 (no answer from Hedin or Ineos concerning my "small" wiring problem). The second part of the panel is "one piece". I guess the other one is also one piece. Therefore a "two piece" roof panel probably. But, after rtemoving the screws I was stuck. Probably there is still a clipping mechanism in the middle of the panel, and I didn't dare to take it off, without knowing what kind of clip it is.
Good man for trying ~ it's a foolhardy one that starts yanking at bits without understanding the fundamentals.

But maybe also more proof that some of the built on purpose is more faux than we would hope it to be.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good question ~ I'd try and answer but I don't have a Belstaff edition ~ can anyone hear us waving? 👋
I've had a wee look, albeit not being an auto-elec, but have not seen anything resembling any form of electrical outlet.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good man for trying ~ it's a foolhardy one that starts yanking at bits without understanding the fundamentals.

But maybe also more proof that some of the built on purpose is more faux than we would hope it to be.
I sure understand the fundamentals of electricity and electronics, that's why I dare to try to access it, the problem are the mechanical plastic pieces, there is usually an easy way to unclip them, but sometimes I discover the trick after breaking the plastic. It is a pity indeed that they don't make it a little bit easier: supplementary screws in the middle of the panel would have been OK too.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I have footwell lights ... I didn't look at the outlets though.
Thanks @Jean Mercier. Now if I was designing a wiring loom and said it had 10A customer fit outlets that where in the footwell, then I'd put them next to the footwell lights.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Remember this thread:

View attachment 7811639

View attachment 7811642

View attachment 7811645
The 'black box'' looks like an auto resetting 150amp circuit breaker which would likely be the high power outlet I guess.....

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We are now dealing with delivered customer vehicles, and neither the dealers or Ineos can provide answers to what should be basic questions regarding the vehicle.

If that doesn't scare the shit out of people I'm not sure what would.

I assume you guys have actually asked the question of your dealer service department or Ineos?

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
We are now dealing with delivered customer vehicles, and neither the dealers or Ineos can provide answers to what should be basic questions regarding the vehicle.

If that doesn't scare the shit out of people I'm not sure what would.
I agree.. can't be that hard to explain where all the roof switches end up!

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom