The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Heater output

islandspark83

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
I have noticed my diesels heater really is not very warm, even after a long motorway drive with a trailer, the heater output on max is tepid to say the most. I’m in Scotland at the moment and it was -1 yesterday morning. On my drive to work about 3/4 miles, the heater remained cold the whole time, even though the temperature gauge was showing 90 degrees. Can anyone say if their heater vents are actually hot normally before I hit the dealer with this one please. I know new diesels take longer to get heat up but the output even when the engine is upto temperature is just not acceptable :(

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have noticed my diesels heater really is not very warm, even after a long motorway drive with a trailer, the heater output on max is tepid to say the most. I’m in Scotland at the moment and it was -1 yesterday morning. On my drive to work about 3/4 miles, the heater remained cold the whole time, even though the temperature gauge was showing 90 degrees. Can anyone say if their heater vents are actually hot normally before I hit the dealer with this one please. I know new diesels take longer to get heat up but the output even when the engine is upto temperature is just not acceptable :(
I’ve got the 2 seat utility diesel and the heater is definitely working fine.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not convinced that the heater on my diesel Grenadier is getting as hot as I would expect. Haven’t as yet studied all the controls so possibly I am missing something.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I used the heather too in my "Petrol" Grenadier. It was cold, but not very cold. I am also concerned about the heating capacity, but like @Cheshire cat I am not sure that I understand everything about the heather.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
I have this problem, my Agent told me to switch the airconditioning off before putting it to heat, haven’t had to do this in any other cars, but we are now heading into summer here so I haven’t had a ch ace to test that to see ifbit makes a difference and probably won’t until Mayish again next year.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Neither air con or heater works in mine,its going in tomorrow for update and air con check.Its been in before for regas but only worked for short while,using heater before completely misted windscreen and windows so you had to stop to clear them.Heater not working at all now.Good job had heated seats.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another positive. Although there are a few of us with heater and AC issues. It is not the majority, and it will get fixed.

moehni

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Trialmaster diesel: From the beginning the AC didn´t work. The heater is working, but it has its own rules or feeling for temperature. Unfortunately, this isn´t often comparable to mine. Like in a marriage, I suppose. Sometimes the air escaping the vents doesn´t change the temperature, no matter if dialed to 18° or to 27°. But if you dare turning up to maximum heat, from every vent hot air is streaming in your direction. Dialing back to e.g. 23° it remains hot, 22° will cause cold air coming out the vents. But one thing remains sure (marriage): The next day everything is completely different. Only the AC will not work. That´s a safe bet.
I wonder where the sensor for the temperature is installed. In my opinion it is not working properly.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Trialmaster diesel: From the beginning the AC didn´t work. The heater is working, but it has its own rules or feeling for temperature. Unfortunately, this isn´t often comparable to mine. Like in a marriage, I suppose. Sometimes the air escaping the vents doesn´t change the temperature, no matter if dialed to 18° or to 27°. But if you dare turning up to maximum heat, from every vent hot air is streaming in your direction. Dialing back to e.g. 23° it remains hot, 22° will cause cold air coming out the vents. But one thing remains sure (marriage): The next day everything is completely different. Only the AC will not work. That´s a safe bet.
I wonder where the sensor for the temperature is installed. In my opinion it is not working properly.
When do you divorce?
When do you sell your Grenadier?
;)

Joking aside, I think you are right. Even for other things I am wondering why my Grenadier hasn't a Memory: volume settings, preferred radio station when I leave my small country and come back, etc.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
For mine, climate control is the problem, and is anaemic at best. If I take the ‘auto’ button/light off, then everything starts to work, but is still a bit weird eithier side of definite heating or lcooling.
and like andrew said, if you want heat turning the a/c off helps.
none of this should be necessary. We often need ac and heat to reduce misting.
hpefully big fix coming, even if it does need better sensors.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The heater in my diesel Fieldmaster takes some time to produce heat but as soon as it works its more than ok. I often reset the temperature to one or two degrees below the first choosen temperature as I get the feeling that it is heating to strong.

islandspark83

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, so I have played about a bit more, the weather has warmed up a bit and I am getting warm air now, but it has a mind of its own, the passenger face vents have hot air, the drivers side cold air! I think now it’s more of a climate control issue than a water temperature/air lock issue, but I have herd some gurgling coming from the dash.

I spoke to the dealer they seem to think the software update will address this as it covers this module so I may wait for that to be done at the end of November and see where we are then. Hopefully it will get sorted :)

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, so I have played about a bit more, the weather has warmed up a bit and I am getting warm air now, but it has a mind of its own, the passenger face vents have hot air, the drivers side cold air! I think now it’s more of a climate control issue than a water temperature/air lock issue, but I have herd some gurgling coming from the dash.

I spoke to the dealer they seem to think the software update will address this as it covers this module so I may wait for that to be done at the end of November and see where we are then. Hopefully it will get sorted :)
I think gurgling from the dash could indicate a low coolant level or air in the system.

islandspark83

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think gurgling from the dash could indicate a low coolant level or air in the system.
I originally thought this could be an air lock to have no heat output at all, but both of the coolant tanks are between min and max and the pipes to the bulkhead are warm, I can’t see anywhere a bleed screw or obvious bleed point so not sure how to proceed. It would explain the symptoms but that’s in something old tech without the electronics. I shall ask the dealer to look at it when the software upgrade is done

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
make sure to switch to the "auto" Mode. With this the temperature does connect to the settings in my car. if not in this mode it does what it likes to do (normally heating up more than I want to)

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My heater stopped working today, for about 2 hours. Then after starting the car again it worked!..
It has been a bit vague on occasion up to now. Sometimes seeming to take a long time to get going and others as expected. But today after a 2 hour drive it was still blowing cold. I stopped and picked up a trailer and then as if by magic it worked again. I had tried auto mode and also playing with the vent settings. Nothing worked.
I am wondering if there is a vent sticking somewhere or whether the car ‘thought’ it was hot and so was trying to cool down. I‘ll see what the dealer says.
Anyone had similar.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any further thoughts / updates on this? As the mornings get colder the low output of the heater is becoming more apparent - no warm air in the cab until oil temp shown at 75 degrees in the Offroad menu.

Sparrow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Vilnius, Vilnius City Municipality, Lithuania
Having absolutely same the same situation with mine (diesel).

Back
Top Bottom