The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Heater output

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
Is your plan to continue with this fix (pulling over, shutting off the car, waiting for the display to shut down, and then restarting), or do you expect Ineos to develop a solution that gives you a car with a fully functional HVAC system? I'm not trying to be snarky. I'm genuinely curious about your expectations for the vehicle and the company.
Hi @stickshifter of course I expect INEOS to solve the problem. After all, I have bought a new vehicle, so something like this should not happen. INEOS is aware of the issue and is supposedly working on it.
As I have only had to carry out this workaround twice so far this winter, it has not been a problem for me. This may have been misunderstood in my post. But I'm not fundamentally satisfied with it.
When I compare it with my 86 RRC, which is now for sale and the heating works perfectly (without software), it's disappointing.

Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi @stickshifter of course I expect INEOS to solve the problem. After all, I have bought a new vehicle, so something like this should not happen. INEOS is aware of the issue and is supposedly working on it.
As I have only had to carry out this workaround twice so far this winter, it has not been a problem for me. This may have been misunderstood in my post. But I'm not fundamentally satisfied with it.
When I compare it with my 86 RRC, which is now for sale and the heating works perfectly (without software), it's disappointing.
Got it! Sorry if I misunderstood. You finished your post with a description of your "fix" and then the word "Perfect". I was thinking - "this is far from perfect for a new vehicle in 2023/4". I would hate to see people so excited about the vehicle that they got in the habit of accepting a lower level of quality than we should expect for any new vehicle in 2023/4, let alone one at this price point. All the best!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got it! Sorry if I misunderstood. You finished your post with a description of your "fix" and then the word "Perfect". I was thinking - "this is far from perfect for a new vehicle in 2023/4". I would hate to see people so excited about the vehicle that they got in the habit of accepting a lower level of quality than we should expect for any new vehicle in 2023/4, let alone one at this price point. All the best!
Thank you for your feedback. I'll have to pay more attention to the wording in future. All the best to you too.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback. I'll have to pay more attention to the wording in future. All the best to you too.
Love to see how the the majority of members show respect for each other. Issues and misunderstandings, sorted there and then in an adult fashion.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stu and I speak often about the respect most members show one another and that when a misunderstanding or hottake soundoff offends it often ends in apologies and mea culpas. From a moderator standpoint, polite "self-policing" in a forum is wonderful, and the fact that the majority of members will not tolerate inappropriate behavior and aren't unwilling to call people out when there is makes our jobs easier, and more importantly, this an enjoyable place to visit for hours-upon-hours a day.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
I didn‘t read through the entire thread but come back here after picking up my vehicle from the shop after software update and some other issues, some of which have been solved, others not (yet). As far as the heater output is concerned, that has improved significantly. Apparently there was a lot of air in the system. They fixed that and for now it seems that has done the trick. Have to see how it performs in the long run, though. I could imagine (and fear) that there is some kind of leak and the problem might return. Let’s hope not.

LeonD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a Jeep with vent actuator issues, that under certain circumstances air would only blow through the window defrost vent. it did not matter what vent was selected. I took it to the dealership three time, no resolution, they could not duplicate the issue. Took the Jeep to an old time mechanic, without hesitation he said it was a vacuum problem, he looked for cracks/leaks, cut the hose reattached the hose and boom, no more actuator issues. I wonder if it is a vacuum issue???

Has anyone looked for a vacuum line that penetrates the firewall in the engine compartment, then back trace it to where it gets its vacuum supply from the engine or brake booster? Maybe a loose, cracked of damaged vacuum line?

Lord Wig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is really interesting and in some way relatable to the information I was given by my dealer just before Christmas. They have performed the system bleed many times and re-vacuum filled etc and they said the best they could get was warm, not hot, air from the car when running stationary but as soon as they drive it it went back to cold.

Greta won’t like this suggestion but if you start your car, ask for max heat and leave it running for 20 minutes to get fully up to engine temp, does that hose get warm and more importantly; does it go cold again if you set off driving?

Sit rep on our situation, which has taken some positive turns today and I’m very aware that I don’t want to be another cross bloke on the internet complaining for the sake of it.

I get the impression that our dealer has been put under quite significant pressure by lack of coms from Ineos regarding our car as well as a couple of other trouble in patients and they have tried to do a fair job but the lid blew off in my direction this week.

What was out of order was the whole deal about the loan vehicle but I think that is on its way to being resolved as I've now got a direct line to a chap in management at customer services in Ineos UK. He has apologised (for what little that is worth) and committed that they will now either recover our car to their own facility or be directly involved with further diagnosis and repair to rectify the issues. I don’t think stopping, switching off and on, dancing three times round the maypole and feeling up the coolant hoses every time the car goes out is a satisfactory solution. I want this thing to perform right, it was after all “Built on Purpose”. (I knew marketing was bullshit!)

In the meantime he is organising another vehicle, thankfully a diesel with tow bar, to be provided directly from Ineos so my agent can have their demo back. Hopefully everyone will be happy then.

Over the last few weeks I've become so disillusioned with 'Grenadier' and if you'd asked me yesterday, there was no way I wanted it back and just wanted a refund and to move on, essentially throwing two years waiting and a whole load of enthusiasm for this project in the bin. We're going to give it a bit more time and hopefully Ineos UK will be able to restore faith. I was genuinely so gutted and pretty glum about how things had turned out and also worried about how much egg I would have on my face when all the people I told (bored to death) about the Grenadier asked me why I was back driving my old Range Rover! 😂
I have read all these posts and share the same heater issues plus however my baffles often don’t work so despite selecting air to the front windscreen is doesn’t come just still just blows tepid out the front centre. Also since the vacuum bleed the AC cooling fan behind the front bumper is permanently on when AC selected. Been into the Ineos garage 4 times but still not fixed.

Lord Wig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My heater stopped working today, for about 2 hours. Then after starting the car again it worked!..
It has been a bit vague on occasion up to now. Sometimes seeming to take a long time to get going and others as expected. But today after a 2 hour drive it was still blowing cold. I stopped and picked up a trailer and then as if by magic it worked again. I had tried auto mode and also playing with the vent settings. Nothing worked.
I am wondering if there is a vent sticking somewhere or whether the car ‘thought’ it was hot and so was trying to cool down. I‘ll see what the dealer says.
Anyone had similar.
I have similar despite dealer doing bleeds including vacuum bleed. Problem still persists and vent baffles don’t always move especially when no heat eg select window vent but is still blows cool (temp on highest)out of the centre console!

Reactions: PBD

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
How are the heater flaps controlled? Vacuum solenoids?

Reactions: PBD

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have read all these posts and share the same heater issues plus however my baffles often don’t work so despite selecting air to the front windscreen is doesn’t come just still just blows tepid out the front centre. Also since the vacuum bleed the AC cooling fan behind the front bumper is permanently on when AC selected. Been into the Ineos garage 4 times but still not fixed.
Is your vehicle diesel? It seems that most diesel models are affected. VOR since 7th December and still not repaired - loan vehicle has the same issue and Ineos are unable to resolve. I have sought to reject the vehicle and have found the whole episode extremely regrettable. I have bought another old Range Rover (wish I hadn't sold the last one) and am finding more enjoyment with that. At least when an old car breaks, a man in a shed can fix it.

Back
Top Bottom