The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Heater output

Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
We’re having an issue as well. Front vents only blow lukewarm air. All other vents feet/defrost blow nice and hot. AC works. Making an appointment at the dealer.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with my heat/aircon other than operator error so far.

Two things that I found funny:
- "Demist" Defrost hits the windshield so abruptly that it reminds me of Halon fire suppression systems.
- (at my own expense) I was convinced I had a massive draft near my safari window for 3 minutes before I realized my drivers vent was pointed straight up.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score

- "Demist" Defrost hits the windshield so abruptly that it reminds me of Halon fire suppression systems.
- (at my own expense) I was convinced I had a massive draft near my safari window for 3 minutes before I realized my drivers vent was pointed straight up.
This is happening to me as well. Front Windshield defroster when turned on sounds like a wind turbine. No adjustment, just full power all the time. I thought maybe it was on purpose, but what happens when you want to put it on low on those super cold drives when the window just wants to frost over. Hoping a software update fixes it. Also same in the rear. Air is subtle coming out of the front vents with heat set at 72F, and the rear vents is baking the kiddos in the back seat 🥵😂

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
This is happening to me as well. Front Windshield defroster when turned on sounds like a wind turbine. No adjustment, just full power all the time. I thought maybe it was on purpose, but what happens when you want to put it on low on those super cold drives when the window just wants to frost over. Hoping a software update fixes it. Also same in the rear. Air is subtle coming out of the front vents with heat set at 72F, and the rear vents is baking the kiddos in the back seat 🥵😂
There is the traditional defrost setting on the rotary dial for air-flow directions. No issue with that at all.

Reactions: @nd

thuchton

Production/Transit
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! My heater is warm for sure. IN fact when I have it on the floor/foot vent it is downright HOT! I have heard a few people say that that is the vent that works the best for heat. I gave that a shot and after it was hot I switched the zone for front and feet and it stayed very warm.

Hope yours gets the fix soon!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score

You’re showing your age referencing halon! Bloody scary when you see it pouring out of the storage bottles in a fire. Knocks it down in a flash though.

Back to heaters ;)

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
Our Grenadier has been with the dealer since 7th December because of the faulty heater. They have now drained and re filled the system using the factory vacuum method and bled numerous times. I was updated yesterday that it is all working as it should, until they drive the car and then it sporadically reverts to cold air.

This is extremely annoying as you’d think the heating system would be a carry over from BMW and work flawlessly. Also, if the cooling system has to be vacuum filled, how are people supposed to go on if a hose bursts while touring or if it has to be topped up from bottles?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Any issues with heat or A/C in yours @Stu_Barnes?
Ac isn’t as cold as I’d like and heater isn’t as hot as I’d like.

Passenger door gives the bank vault thunk. The rest are a bit tinny. I’m putting this down to a striker plate adjustment.

The drivers door has the @Jean Mercier waterfall as well.

The fuel gauge goes red at 1/4 tank and goes from 50 miles left to - - after only 5 more. 2 blips left on the gauge and it was just under 21 gallons until the click on fill up. Greg mentioned that it stabilizes after a while of use so I’m not too concerned at the moment. Our other members with several thousand miles/km under their belt will be better able to confirm this.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ac isn’t as cold as I’d like and heater isn’t as hot as I’d like.

Passenger door gives the bank vault thunk. The rest are a bit tinny. I’m putting this down to a striker plate adjustment.

The drivers door has the @Jean Mercier waterfall as well.

The fuel gauge goes red at 1/4 tank and goes from 50 miles left to - - after only 5 more. 2 blips left on the gauge and it was just under 21 gallons until the click on fill up. Greg mentioned that it stabilizes after a while of use so I’m not too concerned at the moment. Our other members with several thousand miles/km under their belt will be better able to confirm this.
My Aircon was initially freezing on collection of the new car. This gradually deteriorated and I noticed the coolant was getting low on both the high and low pressure header tanks . My dealer said the Aircon required additional gas and I suspect that air in the system explains the coolant usage as it appears to have stopped now.
From various threads on the forum there appears to be something not quite correct with the heating and cooling system which hopefully will be resolved by a recall soon. I have only done 5000 miles over the past 5 months but I really enjoy my car and think that time will prove this car to be G-ineos.😂

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
You’re showing your age referencing halon! Bloody scary when you see it pouring out of the storage bottles in a fire. Knocks it down in a flash though.

Back to heaters ;)
Just an "old soul." Id bet I'm one of the younger Grenadier drivers on the road (apparently the only one in the South Sound WA area.

Lots of experience with Halon gas purge systems in military vehicles though. If you happen to be inhaling when the purge is discharged - chances are you are passing out.

Local time
Reaction score
I agree with others, think the cold air is not quite cold enough and the hot is not quite hot enough, hoping these are issues that will resolve over time. New car company growing pains it feels like.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
I originally thought this could be an air lock to have no heat output at all, but both of the coolant tanks are between min and max and the pipes to the bulkhead are warm, I can’t see anywhere a bleed screw or obvious bleed point so not sure how to proceed. It would explain the symptoms but that’s in something old tech without the electronics. I shall ask the dealer to look at it when the software upgrade is done
My heating and cooling works fine but I have heard a gurgling in the dash as well. I have safari windows so was not sure if it was the sound of water draining down the pipes that run behind the dash, but it seemed to coincide with the HVAC kicking in.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I went to my dealer yesterday, my heating worked very well, as it has done for the last few weeks.
When I drove home, despite the maximum temperature setting, warm air was only coming out of the nozzles in the foot area. In the centre and at the window, the air was freezing cold. I tried all the settings. With/without air conditioning and automatic. When I asked my dealer, he told me that he had already had several customers with this phenomenon recently. How can the problem be solved? - Stop, switch off the engine/ignition, wait 5 minutes. Then start again. Lo and behold, everything works again without any problems. It's magic.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I went to my dealer yesterday, my heating worked very well, as it has done for the last few weeks.
When I drove home, despite the maximum temperature setting, warm air was only coming out of the nozzles in the foot area. In the centre and at the window, the air was freezing cold. I tried all the settings. With/without air conditioning and automatic. When I asked my dealer, he told me that he had already had several customers with this phenomenon recently. How can the problem be solved? - Stop, switch off the engine/ignition, wait 5 minutes. Then start again. Lo and behold, everything works again without any problems. It's magic.
Interesting, it must reset something when powered down. Hopefully a software fix

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Admittedly I have the petrol version, but my heater and heated seats are very warm. I’ve not tried the AC yet. Will have to do so.
l
Had a strange episode yesterday - it was very chilly - the wipers turned on, and would not stop or change speed, and the indicators would not work…. And a whole raft of amber warnings about brakes, steering and safety systems. After a m8le or three all went back to normal for a half mile. Then all went wrong again. Today all is well.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting, it must reset something when powered down. Hopefully a software fix
This did not work in my case. The heater was permanently malfunctioning.

It has now been back at the dealership for over 5 weeks and yesterday I was told that “at the moment it can’t be fixed”. I was also asked to return the loan car and drive around in the cold one.

I won’t go in to too much but I advised Ineos to look after their existing customers before seeking new ones to disappoint. We are now entering negotiations as to whether our car will go somewhere with more competency for repair or whether we will part company with Ineos. I must admit I’m furious with what’s happened and so deflated with how badly we’ve been treated. This is exactly why we didn’t buy a Land Rover product.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a very similar if not identical issue. Will experiment with the 5 min wait as you explain.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This did not work in my case. The heater was permanently malfunctioning.

It has now been back at the dealership for over 5 weeks and yesterday I was told that “at the moment it can’t be fixed”. I was also asked to return the loan car and drive around in the cold one.

I won’t go in to too much but I advised Ineos to look after their existing customers before seeking new ones to disappoint. We are now entering negotiations as to whether our car will go somewhere with more competency for repair or whether we will part company with Ineos. I must admit I’m fitted with what’s happened and so deflated with how badly we’ve been treated. This is exactly why we didn’t buy a Land Rover product.
Not good. Maybe as time moves on, we should start naming the less than helpful dealerships.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
So the fan in my Grenny, whether on level 4 fan or using the demist for the front windshield (essentially when the fans on full blast) in any mode, has a pretty loud buzzing sound. Levels 1-3 do not do it, so it just doesn’t get used on level 4 fan. Anyone else experiencing this?

Back
Top Bottom